NEurope
Happenstance

X-Men: Days of Future Past

and here is the final trailer

Near the end when his bone claws come out, they use the sound effect that his adamantium claws make. That aint right is it?

Apart from that, good trailer. Not sure about the music though.

Edited by lostmario

Wait only just realised cause of that clip... Banshee, Angel, Frost and Azazel are they not gonna be in this film? Not even a cameo? Would have thought Frost would appear given she was set free by Magneto at the end of First Class

So anyone seen this yet?

Will prolly go see it with the son on Saturday..... whats the story with bonus scenes?

Are there any? Mid/End Credits? Both?

I watched this tonight and enjoyed it very much. Could've done with a bit more in the future I think with some characters not being explained in the slightest but I was satisfied at least :p

Didn't stick around for an end credits scene if there is one so I don't know anything about that

Don't get your hopes up for the end credits scene because whilst it is exactly what you would expect, it's like...the shittest version of that thing and didn't excite me remotely.

Really liked the film though. Made me more excited for the future of X-Men films.

@ReZourceman your reactions here and on fb seem positive but... not very enthusiastic? I was hyped for this film for a while but it seemed to take forever to come out and now that hype has died...

Saw it last night...Was good, probably brilliant - but like most of its kind I'm usually disappointed after seeing it in a cinema for £30+ etc...

I didn't like how..

Azazel - my favourite from the last movie - and the other three were just killed off... Azazel is fucking teleporter...from hell. How could he be captured and experiemented on?

Also wanted to see a return from Darwin, who has the most amazing potential as an X-Man... Why opt for characters like Havoc and that Titanium guy who just do...nothing (much).

I´ll be seeing this somewhere next week, but.. Spoiler me everything about both Wolverine films I need to know before this film (if there are any references at all). I´m going to watch First class Saturday night to catch up, and I intended to watch both Wolverine films as well, except it seems the last one isn´t available for digital rent here yet.

Not sure whether this is contentious in comparison to popular opinion, but I really enjoyed the film. There were elements that befuddle every time travelling story, and they were really obvious here, and maybe that's why they were so easy to ignore, in a Back to the Future kind of way. I also didn't understand some of the decisions that were made by the characters, especially the tendency to homogenise identity, as if a person is "essentially" the same throughout their life, and their decisions are somehow manipulable because of this. I liked how that played out though, since the characters' lack of understanding about their own, and each other's behavioural motivations was actually addressed in the way Magneto behaves.

The Quicksilver scenes were great.

In other words, it was totally good in all the ways you'd want from an X-Men film. Also it fixed the fucked up Last Stand continuity. Thank cuntfisting Jesus.

@ReZourceman your reactions here and on fb seem positive but... not very enthusiastic? I was hyped for this film for a while but it seemed to take forever to come out and now that hype has died...

It was really good! Just not mind blowing.

It was something that had to happen. In a sentence that is a bit spoilery;

This movie feels like it was hand crafted to rectify the mistakes made in Origins and The Last Stand, and if you consider that, then it's almost as good a film as they could have made.

It makes me very excited for the future.

It felt a little bit like they didn't really have a proper villain to fight.

Is absolutely fine and...well....great being a thinky villain rather than a physical one, but with the Sentinel fights (of the past) not being all that present or amazing, it falls into yet another X-Men vs Magneto thing. And again, that's okay....I mean Fassbender as Magneto is a beautiful thing but we've seen it before.

The action at the start is incredible though, as Bard said so are the few

Quicksilver

scenes are absolutely AMAZING. So much so that

Avengers Age Of Ultron

Is going to have to pull something out of the bag to beat it.

Blink was incredible too, and the graphics for her powers will be sure to give anyone with even a passing interest in "Portal" a boner.

I cannot tell you how excited I am at a prospect of the PROPER X-Men, including Jean Grey, Cyclops (hopefully Wolverine), Colossus, Iceman, Rogue etc etc all fight off against some awesome X-Men villains

Because as awesome as X-Men and X-Men 2 are, they feel slightly dated now, and the fact that we'll be able to

Return to all those characters again, and have them alongside the new ones introduced.

Will be a glorious thing. Also the lack of explanation of people like Bishop is fucking awesome and a great nod to the fans.

So my lack of enthusiasm is because it didn't blow my mind away, BUT it's such an important movie to the future of the franchise, it put's it back on track, and it was really good - I put it behind First Class in the order. Maybe X2 too, but those are the only ones of comparable quality, IMO.

I'm probably (well I have to) (*and want to*) do a video review soon, so I'll post it when I've done it.

I was absolutely DESPERATE for one thing to happen, and they did that one thing. So even if it was just that one thing, I'd have been happy.

bring back Cyclops.

Edited by ReZourceman

Don't get your hopes up for the end credits scene

I don't mind if it's great or not I just want confirmation there is one and where it (or they are..... mid/end) so I know I haven't missed anything :heh:

Just got back from seeing it and thought it was awesome. Much better than the pants that was Amazing Spider-Man 2.

Dat end scene. Hype.:yay:

The ending scene made me happy in a way that few films have ever done.

I love this film.

I really enjoyed the film, but it wasn't amazing. I think the biggest flaw of the film was

the "point in time" that they needed to change. I liked the explanation that it was her DNA that allowed the badass sentinels, but it focused too much on her choice of killing and I don't think the film pulled off her choice very well - perhaps it could have worked with some better dialogue or a better actress.

I think it could have also been improved by having Trask in it a bit more. Considering he's essentially the main villain, he seemed to be more of a background character. He should have had a bit more screentime, including some extra character development at the end where you see him start to realise that killing all mutants isn't the answer. Dinklage could definitely have pulled off a better character arc for Trask.

By the end of the film, I got the impression that Magneto's actions were actually the reason behind the change.

Still, the effects...

Blink's portal power is probably my favourite power I've seen in the X-Men films, and I think I could easily watch a whole film based on her using her powers.

Quicksilver's scenes were also great, especially the big slow-motion one. It will certainly be interesting how Avengers will compare, as well as the Flash TV show (as that will be on a much lower budget - I'd imagine the money for that one scene would be more than one episode of the show).

As for the end

Seeing the mansion in full glory as well as the characters is great.

It's a shame that the next film is based around the younger cast. I'd much rather see a film based around the proper cast.

Whut. I had no idea that Apocalypse would use the prequel cast.

That fucking sucks.

Blink's portal power is probably my favourite power I've seen in the X-Men films, and I think I could easily watch a whole film based on her using her powers.

Quicksilver's scenes were also great, especially the big slow-motion one. It will certainly be interesting how Avengers will compare, as well as the Flash TV show (as that will be on a much lower budget - I'd imagine the money for that one scene would be more than one episode of the show).

The portals were my favourite thing in the movie, it made me really nostalgic for Portal, specifically the part where Blink opens a portal at the bottom of the cliff face, and another one in front of a sentinel, letting Colossus build up momentum. Wish they'd done more with it

The *only* bit I think they could have still done, but done differently (for my sake) was

Magneto putting the metal in the sentinels. That is an incredibly delicate operation and Magneto's powers have rarely seemed that intricate. That's some Jean-as-Phoenix level shit level of intricacy. I still think him putting metal in them is fine, but since the whole final setpiece is very much like the AMAZING first Magneto arc of the Ultimate X-Men comics (Sentinels sent to attack Magneto are reprogrammed by him and he arrives and takes over the White House with intent to humiliate the President) - they should have just done what he did. A bit like when he rearranges Cerebro in X2, it was a case of moving plates around in their heads. This is such a nitpick though.

Loved seeing Jennifer Lawrence become more Mystique-like in the way she fights. The movie Mystique and how they choreographed her was always inspired and unique. Glad that made it here.

The ending really got me as a fan who especially struggled with the treatment of the characters in Last Stand, and especially since this film puts you through the ringer emotionally with these characters living or dying. I was like ... "NO. No. Don't bring Jean out. (Do). Don't do this to me." Unff. AND SCOTT. EVERYTHING IS FUCKING RIGHT. Jean, Scott, Storm, Beast, Iceman, Rogue, Colossus and Kitty. And Wolverine. The X-Men, teaching in the mansion. I have tingles.

It's like the Movieverse is this wonderful little separate story that all lead up to this point, the end - where we know these characters to exist. We've ended on a high, with these classic characters in their environment. It's (I mean, quite an explicit) a heaven-like sequence. Everyone there we see "die" - yet we end up here.

FEELS.

I DO really wish (considering much more minor characters fates were addressed) that

Rogue was mentioned. We all know she had a future scene that was cut. I wish we were told she'd died or something. Only odd thing. Though I mean they wouldn't really be bringing her up in the situation they were in, would they? It would have been nice if she'd had more to say, even in the final scene. The movies kinda began with her - she was our intro character.

The *only* bit I think they could have still done, but done differently (for my sake) was

Magneto putting the metal in the sentinels. That is an incredibly delicate operation and Magneto's powers have rarely seemed that intricate. That's some Jean-as-Phoenix level shit level of intricacy. I still think him putting metal in them is fine, but since the whole final setpiece is very much like the AMAZING first Magneto arc of the Ultimate X-Men comics (Sentinels sent to attack Magneto are reprogrammed by him and he arrives and takes over the White House with intent to humiliate the President) - they should have just done what he did. A bit like when he rearranges Cerebro in X2, it was a case of moving plates around in their heads. This is such a nitpick though.

Loved seeing Jennifer Lawrence become more Mystique-like in the way she fights. The movie Mystique and how they choreographed her was always inspired and unique. Glad that made it here.

The ending really got me as a fan who especially struggled with the treatment of the characters in Last Stand, and especially since this film puts you through the ringer emotionally with these characters living or dying. I was like ... "NO. No. Don't bring Jean out. (Do). Don't do this to me." Unff. AND SCOTT. EVERYTHING IS FUCKING RIGHT. Jean, Scott, Storm, Beast, Iceman, Rogue, Colossus and Kitty. And Wolverine. The X-Men, teaching in the mansion. I have tingles.

It's like the Movieverse is this wonderful little separate story that all lead up to this point, the end - where we know these characters to exist. We've ended on a high, with these classic characters in their environment. It's (I mean, quite an explicit) a heaven-like sequence. Everyone there we see "die" - yet we end up here.

FEELS.

I DO really wish (considering much more minor characters fates were addressed) that

Rogue was mentioned. We all know she had a future scene that was cut. I wish we were told she'd died or something. Only odd thing. Though I mean they wouldn't really be bringing her up in the situation they were in, would they? It would have been nice if she'd had more to say, even in the final scene. The movies kinda began with her - she was our intro character.

Totally agree about the last scene.

I hated Last Stand for they treated the characters and X-Men universe. I used to follow all the X comics as a youngster and was upset and offended how it turned out.

The way this film ended ( at least the future ) was just perfect. I honestly had tears in my eyes when Jean showed up. Shame Cyclops was just around the corner to spoil the party. :D

As soon as I heard the chant at the end I got giddy as a school girl and then when camera panned to show his face and the horsemen to the side of him. All that was left was hype.

I´ll be seeing it wednesday I believe, and I watched First class just now in preparation. First Class was cool, and I´m properly hyped for the new film now. Cast was great, and chemistry between McAvoy and Fassbender was amazing, making it all the more tragic. Fun cameos by Rebecca Romijn STAAAMOOOSS and Wolverine. It´s a shame the cast for the new films is so big, not everyone´s coming back. I hear Emma Frost / January Jones isn´t in it, among other mutants. But there will be plenty of awesome X-men who will be in it, so it´s no problem. Looking forward to it.

Saw it yesterday with Marcamillian and another mate. I was tired as fuck but I really enjoyed it myself. I have only one question;

@ReZourceman you might know - what was up with Kitty being able to do this magical time send back thingy? I just didn't get where that came from.

It's nice to have Jean and Scott back with some classic comic retconnage, but I still find it a bit weak to do it. Totes understand why(even though I didn't actually hate Last Stand too much, nor them dying) and it does at least give us a lot more potential for the future.

The bits I liked though have already been covered by ReZ and Bard. Quicksilver's part was really enjoyable for me!

Its known as "Secondary Mutation", to give an example, Emma Frost's diamond form is secondary mutation and from the comics, Beast going from monkey Beast to his cat Beast was one.

In this instance it's not from the comics though. (As far as I'm aware).