NEurope
CoolFunkMan

Resident Evil 6

Pre-Order Bonus Fail

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/2012/04/13/resident-evil-6s-mercenaries-maps-are-pre-order-bonuses-headed-to-separate-retailers/

Resident Evil 6's "Mercenaries" Maps Are Pre-Order Bonuses, Headed to Separate Retailers

It was announced recently on the Capcom-Unity blog that different 'mercs' maps will be pre-order bonuses depending on where you buy the game… which is less than ideal for the consumer.

The implication: If you want to play the maps you don't get via your pre-order, they could end up costing you some cash in the form of future DLC.

Here are your options (descriptions via Capcom):

GameStop: The Catacombs

RE6-Mercs-Catacombs.jpeg

Amazon.com: High Seas Fortress

RE6-Mercs-High-Seas.jpeg

Best Buy: Rail Yard

b7bb2cb655800e46fd2ac17685805137.jpg

If you'd like some more images of these maps, head on over to the Capcom-Unity blog.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/mikeeb13/blog/2012/04/11/resident_evil_6:_pre-order_bonus_mercenaries_maps_detailed

You mean a 6KB unlock key will be for sale.

Having maps as retailer exclusive content is simply bad practise. I appreciate that publishers feel they have to appease retailers, but kick them something more peripheral like a skin, not content that causes segregation amongst the player base.

That's really bad... :sad:

... I'll blatantly be buying them as DLC though... :p

... but it's still really bad. :blank:

3. Also; Nintendo hasn't even done right by its own properties recently. Look what they did to Metroid in Other M, or to Smash Bros with Brawl. I'm one of those people that would get overtaken by irrationality and buy a console based on one good Metroid game (and so I did, for Corruption), but that just won't cut it for me anymore.

What exactly did 'they' do to it?

Make it less speedy and competitive? Is that the problem you have with it?

What exactly did 'they' do to it?

Make it less speedy and competitive? Is that the problem you have with it?

Well, they reduced its functionality as a game and made it Nintendo fan service with a rather unsophisticated fighter appended to it. Compared to Melee which had a true layer of depth as a fighter, Brawl didn't measure up because hitstun was basically non-existent meaning that you couldn't really initiate combos and the disparity between skilled and unskilled players was greatly narrowed. It changed from a game of precision and skill to a homogenous mess of Nintendo characters happy slapping each other.

Well, they reduced its functionality as a game and made it Nintendo fan service with a rather unsophisticated fighter appended to it. Compared to Melee which had a true layer of depth as a fighter, Brawl didn't measure up because hitstun was basically non-existent meaning that you couldn't really initiate combos and the disparity between skilled and unskilled players was greatly narrowed. It changed from a game of precision and skill to a homogenous mess of Nintendo characters happy slapping each other.

Probably the curse of seeing such a game through a high, skill-based competitive pair of glasses, I guess.

I couldnt say if it was all the reasons Bard gave but Brawl never felt right to me compared to Melee.

Well, when you play a game against friends, to win, it becomes competitive. After a couple of hours on it you begin to brush up against the plateau of the game's skill requirements. Compared that to Melee, which we still play to this day and have fun trying to counter each others strategies and it just doesn't hold up. I'm also not someone who really gives a shit about the whole Nintendo history angle, so the soundtracks and superfluous clone characters didn't do much for me.

Don't like the font, but I do like the simplicity of it. It's still nothing on the amazing European Resi 4 cover art.

474227576_e78a704bf9.jpg

Wii Edition of Resi 4 was the best in all regards. I might still salivate at its beauty.

Been playing 4 again recently. I just can't use the rifle anymore, being so used to using the right stick to aim!

Still an incredible game though.

474227576_e78a704bf9.jpg

Wii Edition of Resi 4 was the best in all regards. I might still salivate at its beauty.

Still prefer this one personally,

resident_evil_4_box_pal.jpg

Been playing 4 again recently. I just can't use the rifle anymore, being so used to using the right stick to aim!

Still an incredible game though.

Yeah, I noticed you playing on Live. How's the 360 port? Any good?

If it's like the PS3 version, possibly the worst port I've played in my life.

No exaggeration.

It's good. The "HD" adds nothing though, and it certainly feels restrictive, controls-wise after playing something like Gears. But if this game played like Gears, it wouldn't be half as scary! Currently on the hedge maze bit.

Not sure it's worth £15, but hey ho.

Leon gameplay will be more survival horror oriented

Still getting it but looking forward to see Shinji Mikami's Zwei.

Meh. Very disappointed with the direction the series has gone down. Just looks very ordinary to me.:hmm:

Won't be getting this if it comes to the Wii U.

Meh. Very disappointed with the direction the series has gone down. Just looks very ordinary to me.:hmm:

Won't be getting this if it comes to the Wii U.

Another board user sums it up: "linear QTE corridor-filled cutscenes with pre-order on-disc DLC " :weep:

I hate the QTEs so much. The knife fight with Krauser in 4 is one of the worst experiences in gaming.