Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Amy Winehouse Found Dead

Dante

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet baby jesus, some of you need to stop being so "all the people in the world should hold hands and mourn this tragic loss".

So Wino died, big effing deal, it'll not be too long before I won't have to see her face in the tabloids again... sweet!

Some people feel empathy, some people don't, that's just how things are, get over it.

Her death isn't unfortunate, the fact that she decided to get into drugs was unfortunate. Unfortunate for her, her family and those around her.

Anyhoo, here's a joke to lighten the mood:

What's the difference between Jeremy Clarkson and Amy Winehouse?

...Clarkson is still on Top Gear.

Edited by Kav

The role model tripe you're pushing Zechs is of zero worth. I live for myself, I don't live to be a role model, and I'll be fucking damned if I base my life on role models. To hell with role models you boring cunt.

The rest of your story is cack too of course.

tumblr_lolibublNx1qzwd5oo1_500.jpg

I'd love to bump into you, I really would.

LOL. WTF does this mean? Woooo scaaaaaryyy.

tumblr_lolibublNx1qzwd5oo1_500.jpg

LOL. WTF does this mean? Woooo scaaaaaryyy.

Precisely. It's like that image you reblogged of the Prince not marrying the Princess if you remember -and fucking loving life.

Edited by dwarf

I think you should learn a bit more about addiction considering the way it's changed your life, it's more than the simple development of tolerance and it's more than having withdrawal symptoms.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

We're not absolving her by asking you to review the crap you've blessed this thread with.

Nobody's claimed she's a martyr. I'm not sure why I bother to point this out. Some people liked her music, k?

There's probably a lot more I could learn about addiction but i'm pretty comfortable with the knowledge already possess on it. Obviously there's more to it but i'm no MD and i'm not going to regurgitate everything Wikipedia says on the matter.

It's funny, off all the things said about her in this thread, there's not much talk of her actual music.

Life deals everyone bad hands, some people can cope with that, some people can't. Unfortunately unless they're a friendless orphan drug addict, there's always going to be people who are hurt by it long after their gone.

Amy Winehouse's death brings me no joy but it also doesn't upset me, she had a choice and she made it. What does annoy me is when it's all over the papers and TV as being tragic, it certainly was not. It's all the more infuriating when you consider what happened in Norway, that's tragic.

There's probably a lot more I could learn about addiction but i'm pretty comfortable with the knowledge already possess on it. Obviously there's more to it but i'm no MD and i'm not going to regurgitate everything Wikipedia says on the matter.

It's funny, off all the things said about her in this thread, there's not much talk of her actual music.

Life deals everyone bad hands, some people can cope with that, some people can't. Unfortunately unless they're a friendless orphan drug addict, there's always going to be people who are hurt by it long after their gone.

Amy Winehouse's death brings me no joy but it also doesn't upset me, she had a choice and she made it. What does annoy me is when it's all over the papers and TV as being tragic, it certainly was not. It's all the more infuriating when you consider what happened in Norway, that's tragic.

Completely agree.

What does annoy me is when it's all over the papers and TV as being tragic, it certainly was not. It's all the more infuriating when you consider what happened in Norway, that's tragic.

Of course it's a tragedy.

She was one of the most talented singer song writers this country has ever seen.

Granted it's personal preference whether you liked her music or not, but you cannot deny she was talented.

To lose a talent like that - however it's lost - IS a fucking tragedy.

Everyone dies, deal with the fact.

It would be far more tragic if all evidence of her existence was erased from reality.

Yeah, death shouldn't effect anyone coz it just happens and we are to expect it. :blank:

And naturally, opinions differ - but for someone who gave so much to British music, who no longer has the chance to continue amazing people with her talent is very sad indeed. Whether it's her own fault or not.

Zechs; so your reasoning behind your opinion on this specific matter is that there's a difference between REAL problems and NOT REAL problems, one of which is an allowed reason to be an addict, the other is not- and I would also like you to elaborate on precisely how you know Winehouse so well as to be able to quantify your decision that her problems were NOT REAL. I will be amused if your reasoning is not somehow based on solely the media's representation of Winehouse as opposed to, what one imagines is actually necessary in order to make such a sweeping classification of someone, actual factual knowledge of the individual in question (specifically regarding their problems).

Primarily I ask for this elaboration so I can eat you slowly with spices and cutlery formed solely from the devices my mind concocts - traditionally called 'wit' (you may need to look that up, I don't think you're too familiar with it).

Everyone just SH'T TH FK'P.

Let's listen to her music and enjoy/or not. I never liked Back To Black particularly other than the singles. I prefer Frank, there's a darkness to the production. BTB felt 'too jazzy'.

Amy's dead. We're all dealing.

---

P.S does anyone else's skin crawl when Zechs refers to us as 'liberals'?

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!