N-Europe

UFO sightings

mcj metroid

This stuff interests me quite a bit

I'm not big expert on this. There does seem to be a lot of weird sightings happening within the last year. What on earth is happening here?

The teather incident is one of the weider ones.

I've always been interested in stuff like this. Probably because the X-files was one of my favourite shows growing up. Just wondering what your beliefs and thoughts are here?

I find this stuff very very interesting (love the X-files for example) and as a kid I once saw some light-stuff in the sky that I couldn't explain. But a lot of stuff in that video is either fake or just unexplained things going on.

The spiralling light in Norway for example was a failed missile launch from Russia (who first tried to deny it). And that last shot in the first video just looks like a lot of Chinese lanterns floating in the sky.

I don't know if I believe in alien spacecrafts really... I do believe they are out there, but I would find it weird that they would just keep "visiting" our skies and not do much else. Or that they would manifest themselves in so many different ways. Which is why I think most of those sightings are just unexplained military/natural/human things.

Have any of you seen the film Monsters? All the special effects were just done by one guy on his computer.

If you look at the number of UFO sightings through the 20th/21st century, it is interesting to note that sightings became less and less and less regular as the popularity of cameras, video cameras and things like phones with cameras on them became more popular, when really you'd expect them to increase.

Now that it is becoming much easier for people to make very, very convincing special effects on their own computers, more UFO sightings have been reported. There was that famous Jerusalem one and other mysterious (but always satisfyingly Hollywood-like) sightings.

It's really fascinating, but I am very skeptical that these are visitors from worlds millions of light years away.

• 2 weeks later...

It's a very interesting subject. When MCJ Metroid first posted this topic, I was going to ramble on and on about them, but didn't get round to it. Over the years, I have become more sceptical that they are extra-terrestrial, but hey, who knows?

Some new stories:

'Freaked out' BBC reporter tells millions of radio listeners of the moment he faced a UFO on his way to work

It's a radio station known for irreverent chat, where current affairs and topical discussion reign supreme.

But Radio 5 Live took on a more otherworldly tone this morning when one of its own sports reporters claimed he had a close brush with a UFO.

'Freaked out' sports journalist Mike Sewell said he was left gobsmacked when he spotted a huge 'disc-shaped' aircraft hovering above the Hertfordshire countryside on his way to work in the early hours of the morning.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2021948/BBC-Mike-Sewell-spots-UFO-tells-millions-Radio-5-Live.html#ixzz1U0STQFvm

And:

The wreck files: Have scientists found a crashed flying saucer on the seabed?

article-2021174-0D41B1E600000578-124_468x286.jpg

A mysterious circle on a grainy scan, this is what scientists are claiming is finally evidence that Earth has been visited by aliens.

Researchers have claimed the fuzzy outline is a flying saucer that ended up 300ft down on the ocean floor between Sweden and Finland.

They were stunned when sonar scans taken while searching for a century-old wreck showed up the shape against the dirt.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2021174/Have-scientists-crashed-flying-saucer-seabed.html#ixzz1U0T0eWW8

I love it as fiction, or when they apply a scientific angle to it. I used to watch Arthur C. Clarke’s mysterious universe on Discovery back in the day when Discovery was still good. I don’t take these sightings seriously though. Not that I don’t believe in aliens, I do, but I think they’re far away on their own planets minding their own business rather than going sightseeing across the universe in disc shaped spacecrafts. If they find actual scientific proof that aliens have visited the planet, than that would be very cool, but until then, Dr. Who on television will do.

The spiralling light in Norway for example was a failed missile launch from Russia (who first tried to deny it). And that last shot in the first video just looks like a lot of Chinese lanterns floating in the sky.

I believe that's the cause of most "alien sightsing". Army rockets gone wrong. As the Russian rocket in Norway showed, they can cause the weirdest special effects.

If an alien ship really did visit Earth, wouldn't NASA or something pick up the electric readings or whatever when it approaches Earth?

I do really love all this stuff,

I know newspaper tabloids are utter crap, but still, I cut out any articles or stories on 'UFO' activity and scrap book them,

well I did till I moved out of my parents house anyways, I don't buy newspapers myself.

but yeah, I always enjoy reading stories like the one's above and viewing pictures / videos and such.

I remember one story where one of those windmills got hit by something apparently. a 66ft blade was knocked off and went 'missing' apparently, and another blade is completely mangled but still attached to the windmill.

okay doesn't scream UFO really, but still the fact that the tabloids headlined it as UFO Crashes into Windmill, made it that much more interesting.

Turbine_380x560_702105a.jpg

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/ufos/article2108149.ece

article-2021174-0D41B1E600000578-124_468x286.jpg

A mysterious circle on a grainy scan, this is what scientists are claiming is finally evidence that Earth has been visited by aliens.

Researchers have claimed the fuzzy outline is a flying saucer that ended up 300ft down on the ocean floor between Sweden and Finland.

They were stunned when sonar scans taken while searching for a century-old wreck showed up the shape against the dirt.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...#ixzz1U0T0eWW8

Wonder how the Millenium Falcon ended up at the bottom of the ocean :o

While sentient aliens almost certainly exist somewhere, they are the least likely explanation of UFOs.

I don't know why everyone wants to attribute strange happenings to some mysterious being we know nothing of... It gives them the illusion that someone has it under control? Also if there were aliens here they wouldn't be here for no reason. They would probably conquer us and take our resources :(

Normally I would pass these things of as fiction and there are plenty of explanations around when people want to explain them however that BBC report is quite interesting. Considering it's a reporter who saw it and seems to go into much detail about it. Most interestingly was the little quote at the end mentioned "we now have the technology to go to the stars', which was actually wrong it was 'we now have the technology to take ET home'.

A lot of the claims regarding UFO technology seem to come from the idea that at some point, most suggest in the 1960's, some anti gravity technology was found. If you google the line 'we now have the technology to take ET home' you can find loads on this kind of thing.

If an alien ship really did visit Earth, wouldn't NASA or something pick up the electric readings or whatever when it approaches Earth?

But what if NASA is hiding stuff. Why hasn't there been an attempt to moon land in quite some time...

After that tether incident I posted, the live cam was disconnected forever. Why?

There's a lot of shit we don't know, I'm convinced of that. A lot of this stuff is leaked from the US but imagine what the Russians know... difference is the Russians don't tend to slip up.

We really only need to go to the moon once or twice. Why do you want people to go there again?

Why are discs and circles trademarked alien technology? Surely there are some better, more efficient shapes out there for spacecraft.