Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The new anime and manga thread! [Use Spoiler Tags!]

Shorty

Fairy Tail is about a magicians guild, and various guild rivalries, plus the typical overarching super villain types. It has a similar tone and art style to One Piece.

@nightwolf, if you think Fairy Tail has a lot of episodes, you'll laugh when you see how many One Piece has, and its still a long way from ending....

I've heard!

Man I love Fairy tail, but I'm sad its only got 175 episodes, I'm on 103 and its pretty much making me WTF every five minutes.

:blush:

Luckily its not finished yet and its just on hiatus for a bit, whoop! :love:

Well I'm still a few chapters behind but where I was last up to, there was no indication/foreshadowing that was going to happen.

Now I'm starting to question how Naruto will conclude?

Will Naruto vs Sasuke happen once more? If you looked at one of the recent episode endings, it pretty much points towards their final confrontation.

Also when they last met (Sasuke vs Sakura/Kakashi) their dialogue was pretty much filled with how they will both be ready to fight one another etc.

After it having been stuck on the Tivo since December I finally managed to get around to watching The Secret World of Arietty.

What a piece of shit that was. Visually amazing of that there is no dispute, but as for the story (or lack thereof) it was about as boring as it gets. I thought it might've picked up about an hour in when the pest control people arrived - expecting some sort of escape akin to the No Face rampage of Spirited Away - but was sadly disappointed with a kid with an unexplained and bullshit heart condition walking around.

Haven't posted in this section in awhile but just watched the third movie for the Berserk and all those old wounds from reading the manga version years ago have been reopened. Very gory, very graphic, very brilliant.

Here's a trailer for the uninitiated:

Looks like I'm about to give in and start watching Attack on Titan. I intended to watch it as soon as it was finished, but the sheer popularity online and over here in Japan for it is just so completely overwhelming.

Also, found out recently thanks to a flyer given to me at a burger place here that the anime adaptation of 私がモテないのはどう考えてもお前らが悪い (It's Not My Fault I'm Not Popular) will be airing from next month. The manga is pretty fucking hilarious, so I definitely recommend it!

Shingeki no Kyoujin started off nicely but I'm not keen on the pacing now. So little seems to happen per episode, then it always ends on a cliffhanger. I think I might try and tear myself away from it and come back to it when it's complete, or a year's worth has aired!

Shingeki no Kyoujin started off nicely but I'm not keen on the pacing now. So little seems to happen per episode, then it always ends on a cliffhanger. I think I might try and tear myself away from it and come back to it when it's complete, or a year's worth has aired!

I have found the latest few episodes to be like that yeah. Spent a lot of that time just wishing something would happen.

Looks like I'm about to give in and start watching Attack on Titan. I intended to watch it as soon as it was finished, but the sheer popularity online and over here in Japan for it is just so completely overwhelming.

Yeah, looks like I will be getting involved with it soon as well. I was talking to my nieces boyfriend about it over the weekend and he said it's fantastic. Does it have an end, like say FMA, or does it just keep going like One Piece?

Yeah, looks like I will be getting involved with it soon as well. I was talking to my nieces boyfriend about it over the weekend and he said it's fantastic. Does it have an end, like say FMA, or does it just keep going like One Piece?

The source material hasn't finished yet, but from the sounds of it, it will have an 'end' in the sense of FMA rather than One Piece as the anime is planned to be 25 episodes in length plus an OVA.

One of the best things I've seen about it so far is the fact the opening is kick ass and the music provided by Linked Horizon, the creators of the Bravely Default soundtrack.

One of the best things I've seen about it so far is the fact the opening is kick ass and the music provided by Linked Horizon, the creators of the Bravely Default soundtrack.

So that is why the soundtrack is so unbelievably good.

So that is why the soundtrack is so unbelievably good.

I meant to say that the opening theme music is done by Linked Horizon, the soundtrack for Attack on Titan itself is done by Sawano Hiroyuki, who seems to be a very skilled newcomer and is apparently composing the soundtrack for Wii U's X! Man, this guy has quite a few high profile anime under his belt..

• 2 weeks later...