N-Europe

Penn and Teller: Fool Us

Retro_Link

I detest it when they use words like "magic" and "magicians".

Edit: Although I don't know these two, so if they're down to Earth with their illusions and stuff and don't try to pretend that they're actual magic then that's fine. Good illusionists can be great to watch.

Edited by Cube

I adore magic also. Did some as a young'un and stunned (family).

So I shall be watching. Penn and Teller are win anyway.

Yeah I remember I had this Paul Daniels magic set...

64413769.jpg

Only learnt the basics of it though, should have spent more time with it.

I'd really like to learn a few decent magic tricks.

I detest it when they use words like "magic" and "magicians".

Edit: Although I don't know these two, so if they're down to Earth with their illusions and stuff and don't try to pretend that they're actual magic then that's fine. Good illusionists can be great to watch.

This is exactly what they’re famous for, they “explain†their tricks. Watch their version of cups and balls with clear cups.

This is exactly what they’re famous for, they “explain†their tricks. Watch their version of cups and balls with clear cups.

They sound awesome. I'm far more interested in the methods than the result.

Penn & Teller have to be the best magicians ever.

With usual magician's tricks, especially "big" stage ones, you can tell how they're done, or at least roughly; you can't usually tell with P&T's tricks, then they tell you how it's done! Brilliant!

My favourite I've seen is their truck (lorry) trick.

Really enjoyed the show.

The paper bags with the nail thing was... 'argh'... watching!

And Penn & Tellers helium trick at the end was ace!

I was like 'yeah the lights went down briefly, he escaped somehow during....... wait a minute'...

The bag being still full of helium, and yet everyone on and off stage saw him get in... when did he get out!! Trap door?... can't have been as the bag has a base to it... unless... wha...?

@Retro Link - I had that same magic set! I don't think I ever used it properly though lol.
Yeah same! Dunno if I still have it around anywhere... probably not now. I might look into seeing what sort of teach yourself magic stuff is out there. Just to try and learn a few neat tricks. Probably haven't got big enough hands for the whole 'sleight of hand' stuff though.

There are a shed load of magic shops appearing around Shanghai...these people hang around outside them trying to get you to go in and teach you the tricks for about £100.

Them: Hey, want to learn magic?

Me: Let me show YOU some magic. See this money?

Them: Yes?

Me: Watch it disappear! Now, where did it go?

Them: It's in your wallet!

Me: AND NO AMOUNT OF MAGIC WILL GET IT OUT OF THERE! TA-DAAAAAA!

Edited by Iun