NEurope
flameboy

Football Season 2011/2012

What was that noise about that Neville made when Torres scored? "awwwwwoooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

And: "the last 18 months have just been forgotten in the last 2 seconds"

"£50m has just been repaid".

No.

This is a point I never understand. Why should I be happy Chelsea are in the final just because they are British?

I dont recall saying you had to be happy but I'd much rather support a home team in a final than a foreign one, no different to how I'd support any of the home national teams in footie as opposed to the team they are playing.

They were going through anyway. The best thing is that he bought them time.

I hate the man, but Piers Morgan has it spot on here.

I dont recall saying you had to be happy but I'd much rather support a home team in a final than a foreign one, no different to how I'd support any of the home national teams in footie as opposed to the team they are playing.

It's easier to support a home team as you tend to know more of the players. For instance i could easily name an 11 man Chelsea team, (well i could have done before they all made themselves inelligible) but i would struggle to name 11 Bayern Munich players.

Has Wii been man enough to admit who he supports yet or is he just hiding behind his hatred of Chelsea/everything?

Great result for Chelsea. Sounds like an amazing game. Looking forward to the highlights tonight/tomorrow/whenever they're on.

I love how it's just assumed Chelsea were going through; anything could have happened.

Just because it's Torres there has to be a negative side. If any other player had scored the winning goal that saw Chelsea taken there and then into the final, nothing would be made of it except applauding the goal.

Really looking forward to seeing the highlights too! :D

I hate Chelsea with a burning passion. But what i really hated tonight and at stamford bridge was their approach. They never went to either match to play football, and i don't care how good the other team is, i hate it when teams do that.

Well Arsenal, Newcastle and Tottenham fans have a reason to support whoever Chelsea play in Munich in the final now, last thing we'd all need is Chelsea to steal a Champions League place.

They were going through anyway. The best thing is that he bought them time.

I hate the man, but Piers Morgan has it spot on here.

As much as I hate Liverpool, the game against Milan was brilliant.

Although, I think this match is equal with it. For the reason that the Final against Milan was at a neutral venue, and Liverpool had all of their players on the field. Barcelona had the men advantage, the crowd and they had all of the ball.

The Final of 1999 against Bayern Munich will always be in my heart, though. I was in absolute tears until those two goals went in. Still get goosebumps watching that.

God I think I'll make an effort to avoid this place should Chelsea loose in the final, as I can tell no thought will go to the fact they'll have had some of there best players missing... it'll just be a full of 'told you so'.

Really hope they go on to win it!

As much as I hate Liverpool, the game against Milan was brilliant.

Although, I think this match is equal with it. For the reason that the Final against Milan was at a neutral venue, and Liverpool had all of their players on the field. Barcelona had the men advantage, the crowd and they had all of the ball.

The Final of 1999 against Bayern Munich will always be in my heart, though. I was in absolute tears until those two goals went in. Still get goosebumps watching that.

I think it was so good because of how fucking boss Milan were. Kaka at his sublime best. His pass for the third was out of this world.

I hate Chelsea with a burning passion. But what i really hated tonight and at stamford bridge was their approach. They never went to either match to play football, and i don't care how good the other team is, i hate it when teams do that.

Why? ::shrug: Has Chelsea done something personal to you that has given you a reason to hate them so vehemently?

I've seen Arsenal bottle every possible final. Can we stop talking about great turnarounds please?

Why? ::shrug: Has Chelsea done something personal to you that has given you a reason to hate them so vehemently?

It's mostly the players i loath.

And the Chelsea fans behaviour at the semi the other week has took it too a new level.

You go into a tie like this with the intention of winning and you set up your team accordingly. Chelsea knew that Barcelona are the best passing side in the world and best attacking side in the world so went for a defensive set up and tried to get them on the break.

Should they have gone gung-ho and hoped for the best?

To all the people calling it greatest comeback ever - Barca were only ever going through for THREE MINUTES of the tie. Between Iniesta and Ramires' goal.

You think they're going to go 10-0-0 against us? No, they're not. So we'll have a great chance.

True you've got a point I just don't think you will. Plus the players missing the Champs League Final obviously won't have one eye on that and will be well up for it.

Well Arsenal, Newcastle and Tottenham fans have a reason to support whoever Chelsea play in Munich in the final now, last thing we'd all need is Chelsea to steal a Champions League place.

Yep as I said in post before I think it's a bit of joke. International football fairly recently abandoned such rules if you don't requalify you don't defend your trophy. I guess it's slightly different as that's all part of the same competition and UEFA argue why should domestic league position dictate is if a team can defend their glorious competition. I dunno back in the Champions Cup days it was purely a teams Champions who qualified... I feel like our leagues "champions" (read top 4) should be the teams that represent us every year.

It's mostly the players i loath.

And the Chelsea fans behaviour at the semi the other week has took it too a new level.

What have the players done to you personally then? Can you go through each player and tell me, I'd actually like to know.

Also, that was a very very small minority section of fans, don't group us all into on group.

I think it was so good because of how fucking boss Milan were. Kaka at his sublime best. His pass for the third was out of this world.

Bayern were chasing a treble of their own. Also, make no mistake, this Barcelona team would have turned over 99% of other teams out there. The Chelsea performance was colossal.

You go into a tie like this with the intention of winning and you set up your team accordingly. Chelsea knew that Barcelona are the best passing side in the world and best attacking side in the world so went for a defensive set up and tried to get them on the break.

Should they have gone gung-ho and hoped for the best?

Not gung ho, no. Be responsible at the back, commit more than one player forward.

People constantly point out how 'weak' the Barca defence is, yet nobody dares exploit it.

The Chelsea way of doing it isn't the only way to beat them, it's just that nobody other than Madrid dare even try it.

One of the main reasons I hate Chelsea is their detestable passed, fans heavily linked with racist organisations such as the national front. And how most of the modern plastics are completely oblivious to it. Football for them started with Abramovich.

One of the main reasons I hate Chelsea is their detestable passed, fans heavily linked with racist organisations such as the national front. And how most of the modern plastics are completely oblivious to it. Football for them started with Abramovich.

Football for me started with Gianfranco Zola.

Either way, I'm not here to spoil Chelsea's evening. In the end they deserved the result. Just don't win it.

Thanks, the rest of London.

What have the players done to you personally then? Can you go through each player and tell me, I'd actually like to know.

Also, that was a very very small minority section of fans, don't group us all into on group.

Well obviously they haven't personally upset me or insulted me.

Bosingwa: That disgusting kick on Benayouns back was horrible.

Terry: Obvious.

Ca$hley: Ramar will remind you why. Shot someone.

Fat Frank: His gigantic ego.

Drogba: Spends more time on the floor than standing up.

Torres: Total lack of respect, failed to even acknowledge us when he left, insulted us minutes after leaving.

Yeah, it was a minority. But it didn't stop morons from branding Liverpool FC and all the fans racists. :p

----------

I'm bored of talking about Chelsea, anyway. Now it's been a while since it ended, i'll say well done on beating Barcelona. I honestly thought you would get destroyed. Well played.

Not gung ho, no. Be responsible at the back, commit more than one player forward.

People constantly point out how 'weak' the Barca defence is, yet nobody dares exploit it.

The Chelsea way of doing it isn't the only way to beat them, it's just that nobody other than Madrid dare even try it.

If they played more than with 1 player forward they would have got beaten. Barca are terrific in possession and would have had them, like they do most teams. And yes, Madrid 'dare' it but even then they really on counter attacking, just with a few more players.

Chelsea were brilliant. Tight, organised, closed down the barca players all the time. Cech was outstanding and so was Lampard. Loved Torres scoring the final goal, literally love him.

I've got to say though, what the fuck does the 5th official do? The barca penalty was a massive dive and judging by the analysis there was no contact. Disgrace.