NEurope
flameboy

Football Season 2011/2012

Gareth Bale uncertain over Spurs future

Three possible teams to get into that fourth spot. No guarantee that fourth will even get them a Champions League place if Chelsea beat Bayern. So, you'd have to say that the odds are against Spurs to get into the Champions League, as they are fifth at the moment.

I could definitely see some of the big names leaving the club if Harry does become England manager or if they don't get fourth or above.

Saw that earlier, not brilliant news to wake up to it has to be said. I wonder how much Bale would go for? Still a few years on his contract, would probably get at least 30m? Potentially substantially more.

Modric would also definitely leave without champs league, then Adebayor's not going to be there next season, and I could see VDV leaving - read somewhere (I think) he wants to finish his career back in Holland and he's getting on.

Still, if they do all go, there would be a lot of money there. And I don't think Harry leaving would effect things too much if they get a decent replacement in. I'd take Pardew / Rodgers / Martinez....

Gonna watch Wigan Newcastle this afternoon, could be great with both so on form and needing points!

Saw that earlier, not brilliant news to wake up to it has to be said. I wonder how much Bale would go for? Still a few years on his contract, would probably get at least 30m? Potentially substantially more.

Modric would also definitely leave without champs league, then Adebayor's not going to be there next season, and I could see VDV leaving - read somewhere (I think) he wants to finish his career back in Holland and he's getting on.

Still, if they do all go, there would be a lot of money there. And I don't think Harry leaving would effect things too much if they get a decent replacement in. I'd take Pardew / Rodgers / Martinez....

Gonna watch Wigan Newcastle this afternoon, could be great with both so on form and needing points!

It would be a shame to lose those players, as the Spurs team looks like its in a good place at the moment. Just a few more additions here and there needed.

Just watched Southampton against Coventry on BBC1. Managed to miss all four goals somehow. o_O

I can't see Spurs not finishing in the top 4 so COME ON BAYERN!!! Obviously I'm relying on us to stop being utterly ratarded in front of goal. Newcastle have extremely difficult games and ultimately we can get a good points haul.

Still think 3rd us up but that involves Arsenal not taking full points in their away games (Stoke and Baggies, possible).

Exciting end to the season. Just realised I'm filming on the last day of the season... gutted...

Everton 2-0 Fulham

Stoke 1-1 Arsenal

Sunderland 1-1 bolton

Swansea 4-2 Wolves

WBA 0-0 Aston Villa

wigan 3-0 Newcastle

Quite the scorelines, Arsenal must win today and capitalise on Wigans outstanding performance (so far).

it seems as though teams are finding it really hard to stack-up against Wigans formation. Pardew even adjusted the team at 0-2 down and mirrored their formation... but they conceded another.

Is my prediction of Newcastle not getting another point going to come true? Away at chelsea next, home to man city after that, away to everton after that?!?!

COME ON STOKE!! Super Crouch to bang in a last minute winner :)

Yeah sorry to any Newcastle fans, but this was my fault.

I just set Cisse as my fantasy football captain, so naturally they had to go and collapse and ruin any chances i had of getting any points.

Fuck, what a crazy day. Wolves were 3-0 and 4-1 down and brought it back to 4-4.

That Wigan scoreline is insane, too. The battle at the bottom is so exciting to watch. It seems like there's lots of big battles going on this season at this late stage: Teams going for the title, the rush to get fourth and the relegation battle. I reckon Blackburn have gone, so that final spot is between Wigan, Bolton, QPR and Aston Villa. Based on how they've played this season, I hope its Villa.

There's the Newcastle I know and love!

Well I really want Wigan to stay up so if we had to lose to a team, I don't mind it being them. We've had a few massacres this season and it hasn't put us off our stride yet, so I'm not too bothered by this if it proves to be a one off in our current run of form. It does place a rather monumental importance on the Chelsea game mind, but I think we could still beat them. Though obviously, we're going to need a big improvement on today.

In better news, I transferred Jelavic and Pienaar into my fantasy team for this week, so that seems to have worked out nicely. Shame I captained Cisse mind....hat trick against Chelsea please? :heh:

By the way, who is it at the top of our fantasy league right now?

Edited by ipaul

What a way to seal a hat trick, Gonna wanna watch the 3rd Suarez goal on MOTD tonight. a Worldie from just inside the Norwich half.

Good to see Wolves put up a fight even though we are going down. When I saw us 3-0 down I thought here we go again.

It was absolutely sublime. Goal of the season without a doubt. His other two were very good aswell.

I love the man.

Great stuff from Suarez today, Him and gerrard linked up pretty good today, his third was good, but all three of them were taken supberbly well. Fulham on tuesday I think hopefully get another win before wembley.

Stoke is grim, a point wasn't bad considering. Need to win next week. I'm knackered.

Fulham on tuesday I think hopefully get another win before wembley.

Its at Anfield though so a Liverpool win is the least likely outcome. However, we could do with beating Fulham because if we lose it will draw them level on points with us. :nono: Not only that, but we need the win to keep the pressure on Everton in the race for seventh...

Stoke is grim, a point wasn't bad considering. Need to win next week. I'm knackered.

Stoke is out and out the dullest place I've ever been to in the UK.

Said the Geordie :P

On MOTD tonight they showed the 20 Years Premier League Best Goals category and took issue with Rooney's nomination in there 1. I think he has scored better goals (the one against Newcastle where he was just strolling around and then thumped it in) 2. I think there have been better overhead kicks.

On MOTD tonight they showed the 20 Years Premier League Best Goals category and took issue with Rooney's nomination in there 1. I think he has scored better goals (the one against Newcastle where he was just strolling around and then thumped it in) 2. I think there have been better overhead kicks.

Yeah I thought it was a little odd they included that - by odd I mean another manifestation of the media constantly bumming Rooney, Man Utd and generally taking more notice of 'important' goals rather than goals based purely on their own merits.

Much as it pains me to say it, I think the one he scored against us was better as well. My favourites from the list are Le Tissier's first, Bergkamp's and of course, Shearer :)

Decent hat trick from Suarez, Norwich gifted all 3 (less so the last one).

Actually reckon Di Santo's goal against Newcastle was goal of the day for more.

I'm staggered you think Di Santo's were better. :p

It was very good, no doubt about it.

I'm staggered you think Di Santo's were better. :p

It was very good, no doubt about it.

A pin point shot into the top corner > lobbing a keeper who is initially 18 yards off his line.

Not to take away the quality behind Suarez's goal just my opinion.

Di Santo's was better, the ball was stuck under his feet and he still managed to dig out a shot and get it over the keeps.

Torres with a hat trick today, although QPR were absolute turd, still don't understand why they sacked warnock.

Well an easier win you'll never see for Spurs, should have been 10-0. As it is a 2-0 win.

Just to show how easy it was:

Spurs - 19 shots, 8 on target

Blackburn - 0 shots, 0 on target

Blackburn are going down, no ambition, clearly playing for a draw and then do nothing when Van der Vaart scores on 21 minutes. Yakubu and Modeste their lone frontmen today didn't get a single touch. If I were a Blackburn fan I'd be completely disgusted by that performance.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

Good day for us today. We nearly got out of the bottom three on goal difference thanks to Chelsea!

Be happy with a draw vs Spurs on Wednesday as I can't see QPR picking up another point with the two matches they have left, but you never know. Just hope Stoke can do us a favour (and then lose to us on the final day). I think Blackburn are down, but I can honestly see them getting something against Wigan.

Well an easier win you'll never see for Spurs, should have been 10-0. As it is a 2-0 win.

Just to show how easy it was:

Spurs - 19 shots, 8 on target

Blackburn - 0 shots, 0 on target

Blackburn are going down, no ambition, clearly playing for a draw and then do nothing when Van der Vaart scores on 21 minutes. Yakubu and Modeste their lone frontmen today didn't get a single touch. If I were a Blackburn fan I'd be completely disgusted by that performance.

Yeah I was worried the might get something on the break but absolutely nothing going forward

Watch out for Walker's goal on MotD later, absolute rocket of a free kick! Not a bad performance, should still get top four, Villa's got to be a certain win, could still slip up against Blackburn away on wednesday though..

Also: Wigan match yesterday was great. If they go down I'll be gutted.