NEurope
flameboy

Football Season 2011/2012

Ah the title race is back on. Marvellous! If City win all their remaining games, it is pretty much theirs.

Watch them lose to Wolves now that the pressure is on :heh:

We played brilliantly today! I never expected us to come back from 4-2 (or 3-1 for that matter), but we kept at them! Not like Everton at all...

Really happy with Jelavic, too. It's been aaages since we've had a forward like him - one who can actually score goals. An absolute bargain for the price we paid for him.

No words to describe that. It was everything. For the neutral, it has to be up there with the best games of the season.

First of all, I'm happy that Fergie dropped Young. I thought he would do, and he made the right call. It worked in another way as well, because Nani was excellent in attack today.

We were terrible up until Everton scored and deserved to go behind. After that, I thought we were the better team in the game. But, Everton just kept coming back. Nobody wanted to defend today and I thought both defences played terribly. Ours in particular. Rafael was responsible for the majority of the goals but collectively the defence were just poor.

It's terrible considering that we performed pretty well in attack. Thought Nani, Rooney and Welbeck linked up superbly and the play for the fourth United goal was top class. But, Everton hung in there and they got their goals.

Can't really begrudge them a point, but we have picked a terrible time to start dropping points.

Got to give credit to Moyes. He has created a fantastic Everton team and has picked up another great signing in Jelavic. If he was given the same amount of money that Liverpool have been blowing on their team, then they would be going for the title. No doubt about that. Have huge respect for him.

Absolutely destroyed the other team. Check.

Hit the woodwork. Check, twice, actually.

Concede a goal that should of been prevented. Check.

Morons blaming King Kenny for the players inability to finish. Check.

I find it staggering that you stick up for Kenny (refuse to call the miserable dour faced twat king kenny) as much as you do. Liverpool this season is probably the worst Liverpool team I've ever witnessed, a few luck results mean you could get a cup double (and I hope you do), but you are truly awful. Yet you stick up for the man responsible for making you play such dully boring, unadventurous football. Bizarre.

I truly hope the liverpool board feel the same way as you, the longer he manages you the better.

Newcastle won't get another point this season and will finish 6th. That's my prediction!

Dull and boring?

I'll take you seriously when you actually watch one of ours games. Until then, please stop talking. You haven't a clue what you're talking about.

Disregarding that comment from dazzy though, Maddog, he's right. How can you stick up for him? You're 8th and 3 points away from being 13th.

I just think it is a bit odd that Roy's stats were better and yet he was booed and kicked out. Kenny comes in and he's bringing the club further down!

Yes you won a cup but league wise you've been poor.

Not to mention that money suddenly becomes available when Kenny is at the club...

It would be naive to just look at the results. We are playing 10000x better football. The whole club has a different feel about it, with Woy it was like we were slowly dying. With King Kenny there is a feeling that we are back on the up, and the fans obviously love him.

We have hit the woodwork 30 times this season in the league. 30 times. That's unbelievable. We deserve alot better than we have got this season. The amount of games we have dominated but haven't won is ridiculous.

We have already won the Carling Cup, and we will smash Plastic FC in the final. People don't appreciate winning a cup as much as they should. Whoever finishes 5th, and we win 2 cups, we have had a better season than them.

Not to mention that money suddenly becomes available when Kenny is at the club...

What are you talking about?

Dumb and Dumber were still our owners when Woy was here. FSG were in charge when Kenny came in.

What are you talking about?

Dumb and Dumber were still our owners when Woy was here. FSG were in charge when Kenny came in.

What I'm saying is that Roy was absolutely crucified for his signings. So much was made of the Poulsen deal. It was so obvious that he was making the most of a bad situation.

Yet, when the money suddenly becomes available, Liverpool fans don't give a shit and Kenny is allowed to blow as much of it as he wants.

Roy's most expensive signing: Nearly 11 million on Miereles.

We have hit the woodwork 30 times this season in the league. 30 times. That's unbelievable. We deserve alot better than we have got this season. The amount of games we have dominated but haven't won is ridiculous.

Congratulations your team can't finish a good dinner.

What I'm saying is that Roy was absolutely crucified for his signings. So much was made of the Poulsen deal. It was so obvious that he was making the most of a bad situation.

Yet, when the money suddenly becomes available, Liverpool fans don't give a shit and Kenny is allowed to blow as much of it as he wants.

Roy's most expensive signing: Nearly 11 million on Miereles.

I don't get your point at all. You said the money became available when Kenny came in, but the reason Woy got none was because our owners had our club on the verge of bankruptcy.

You can't excuse the signing of Poulsen no matter what the circumstances are. He was terrible. Meireles was good, not brilliant.

Brad Jones was his best signing. :p

Congratulations your team can't finish a good dinner.

Original. We are putting in good performances, just not getting the results we deserve.

Original. We are putting in good performances, just not getting the results we deserve.

If your lot keep hitting the woodwork then they need to practice finishing. Simple. After every game you're posting you've hit the post or bar x amount of times, if it's that much to blame you need to either a look at your players or b check the ground staff haven't replaced the posts with a 5 aside set.

If your lot keep hitting the woodwork then they need to practice finishing. Simple. After every game you're posting you've hit the post or bar x amount of times, if it's that much to blame you need to either a look at your players or b check the ground staff haven't replaced the posts with a 5 aside set.

So Suárez is the problem? Because he's hit the post something like 10 times? He was our best player today by a country mile.

So Suárez is the problem? Because he's hit the post something like 10 times? He was our best player today by a country mile.

Are you scoring enough goals? Answer: No.

Who's to blame? Answer: The players.

Who buys/sells/selects the team? Answer: The manager.

Good night and god bless.

Are you scoring enough goals? Answer: No.

Who's to blame? Answer: The players.

Who buys/sells/selects the team? Answer: The manager.

Good night and god bless.

But these players CAN finish. Carroll was prolific at Newcastle. Suárez scored 49 in 48 games a couple of seasons ago. Bellamy has scored a nice amount for us, probably expected a few more from Henderson and Downing.

But these players CAN finish. Carroll was prolific at Newcastle. Suárez scored 49 in 48 games a couple of seasons ago. Bellamy has scored a nice amount for us, probably expected a few more from Henderson and Downing.

They CAN finish, yet have scored only 40 league goals and hit the woodwork nearly the same amount of times?

I don't get your point at all. You said the money became available when Kenny came in, but the reason Woy got none was because our owners had our club on the verge of bankruptcy.

The two coincided. So, Roy was managing a club with no money, Kenny is given a huge transfer budget and the club are at around the same level. You can't see a problem with this?

The point is that Roy had it much harder than Kenny has. He didn't have stability in those running the club. He had a team which underperformed in Rafa's last season, he had no money and no time. Not only that, but the players performed poorly under him.

Kenny comes in, and I don't think a whole lot has changed, not in terms of performances and results. Kenny has also been given the funds and the time to mould his own team, which Roy never had the opportunity for. Liverpool fans are being far too kind to the man.

You can't excuse the signing of Poulsen no matter what the circumstances are. He was terrible. Meireles was good, not brilliant.

Brad Jones was his best signing. :p

Poulsen cost what, 4.5 million. Henderson and Downing cost 3 or 4 times that. Carroll, enough said. These are all players who have performed poorly and cost way, way more than Poulsen did.

So, what is the reason why these players are not scoring? This is down to form, confidence, faith in your team, faith in your manager, tactics, etc. Something is very wrong at the club and the manager has to take the blame for at least his part. As Roy did.

2 finals yet something is very wrong. Ok.

Downing, Henderson and Carroll are a lot more than 4 times better than Poulsen. Downing has been ok overall, I really think he will be great next season. Henderson was really good today, and he's only 21. He has a big future ahead of him, i'm convinced of it. Carroll has been one of our best players in the past month or two.

I don't even want to talk anymore about Hodgson, he was garbage for us.

Newcastle won't get another point this season and will finish 6th. That's my prediction!

Although I fear you might be right given our fixture list, I'm going to hold you to this....

2 finals yet something is very wrong. Ok.

Oh, come on. If you win all of your games, the highest you can finish will be fifth, provided Chelsea and Spurs don't get any more points, which isn't going to happen.

So, 7th or below is where you'll most likely be. There's a chance you'll finish in the bottom half of the league.

Two finals is good, but all it does is mask a very poor league season. When a team spends as much money as Liverpool has, they need to be challenging for a top four place and Liverpool are nowhere near that. Nearly 40 points off first place...how is that acceptable for a club of Liverpool's stature. It isn't. It shouldn't be.

Downing, Henderson and Carroll are a lot more than 4 times better than Poulsen. Downing has been ok overall, I really think he will be great next season. Henderson was really good today, and he's only 21. He has a big future ahead of him, i'm convinced of it. Carroll has been one of our best players in the past month or two.

I don't even want to talk anymore about Hodgson, he was garbage for us.

Downing, Henderson and Carroll all should be, considering they have more experience in this league than Poulsen.

It doesn't bother me anyway. I'd rather see Everton finish higher.

I never said it was acceptable. I know we can't finish. I know we should be doing better.

I have massive faith in the manager, and every single one of our players that they will improve things next season.

That experience comment is stupid. Just because a player has experience in the league hardly means they automatically don't need time to settle. Suárez has been sublime since signing, he never played in the EPL. Torres has for years, yet he has been poor for Plastic Flag FC.

So many more important factors.

Poulsen. Mr 50p head.

Kenny needs to go regardless of how well we played today. He will be gone in the summer. Guarantee it. He's a manager stuck in football 20 years ago. Times have changed and he's not up to the standard needed to ge fourth place or higher. Why was no creative midfielder signed. It's been obvious for many seasons now this is what is missing. Yet he signed 3 midfielders that all do the same job. Nothing.

I'd put alot of money on Kenny NOT getting sacked in the summer. Our owners have patience fortunately, unlike some of our fans.