NEurope
flameboy

Football Season 2011/2012

That just wrecked my night! Barca should've won both legs by clear margins yet the commentator goes an jinxs them as Torres comes on:

"Could this be his moment (Torres)"

Barca dominated both games yet they lost (correction, thanks ramar) overall.

Edited by -Dem0-

That just wrecked my night! Barca should've won both legs by clear margins yet the commentator goes an jinxs them as Torres comes on:

"Could this be his moment (Torres)"

Barca dominated both games yet they lost again. I think this is the first time they've lost 3 games in a row for over 3 years.

Barca didn't lose the game tonight..

well I was considering the aggregate. my mistake anyway.

But that Torres goal made it feel like a proper defeat.

BTW was he onside? silly question seeing as the goal stood, but I didn't see a single barca player that was close to him.

was ashley coles clearance not count as a pass, or was the camera too slow to catch torres as he made his break.

Edited by -Dem0-

Why can't the football thread be like this all the time? :p

Because apparently us regulars ruin it for the lurkers. :indeed:

Bayern were chasing a treble of their own. Also, make no mistake, this Barcelona team would have turned over 99% of other teams out there. The Chelsea performance was colossal.

Yeah, it was colossal. I liked how ye bossed the whole tie, had all the possession, created all the chances, played creative, attractive football, went all out offensively. If you hadn't hit the woodwork 4 times over the tie, missed a penalty, had goal line clearances, it would have been a more emphatic victory.

It was refreshing to see the Chelsea players play with dignity and honesty, no dirtbag tackles, getting players sent off or nancy boy rolling around on the ground, wasting time.

Oh wait!

Edited by Wii

It was refreshing to see your players play with dignity and honesty, no dirtbag tackles, getting players sent off or nancy boy rolling around on the ground, wasting time.

Oh wait!

He supports Man United.

But this actually fits!

;)

When Ashley lobbed the ball forward, the camera panned (1 or 2 seconds later) you see Torres on the ball with around 20 yards between him and the next barca player, I waited to see the replays yet I didn't see one that showed torres as he made his run after the pass.

he was offside but I just didn't see how it happened.

Why can't the football thread be like this all the time? :p

Chelsea went through, Torres scored, JT was sent off... I'm waiting for a 3 match ban.

That's your fault dazzybee. :p

No...a lot of it is ruined by fans of the top 5 and the others (you call lurkers) who aren't get sick of wasting their time to post for it only to disappear under reams of the same arguments going around and around.

Yeah, it was colossal. I liked how ye bossed the whole tie, had all the possession, created all the chances, played creative, attractive football, went all out offensively. If you hadn't hit the woodwork 4 times over the tie, missed a penalty, had goal line clearances, it would have been a more emphatic victory.

It was refreshing to see the Chelsea players play with dignity and honesty, no dirtbag tackles, getting players sent off or nancy boy rolling around on the ground, wasting time.

Oh wait!

Football is a results game my man. Deal with it.

No...a lot of it is ruined by fans of the top 5 and the others (you call lurkers) who aren't get sick of wasting their time to post for it only to disappear under reams of the same arguments going around and around.

Do you think us 'regulars' ignore non regulars and supporters of lesser clubs? I can assure you I absolutely do not do that.

I don't watch any Championship or lower football, so i can't offer my opinion at all. When it's the 'big clubs', everyone kinda has an opinion on the matter, as they always have much more exposure.

When Ashley lobbed the ball forward, the camera panned (1 or 2 seconds later) you see Torres on the ball with around 20 yards between him and the next barca player, I waited to see the replays yet I didn't see one that showed torres as he made his run after the pass.

he was offside but I just didn't see how it happened.

Err he wasn't offside. You can't be offside in your own half.

When are these highlights on? Maybe tomorrow night?

Loved Torres scoring the final goal, literally love him.
Love you.

I know he's not offside, I was just saying that I saw torres well clear of opposition defenders making a break towards valdes, when the camera panned I didn't see torres make his run from his half.

I think that's unfair we discuss more than the top teams. However it's far easier to have some banter/wind up with some users because 1) the team I support directly competes with theirs 2) I know they'll see the comment, reply and get stuck in.

I'm up for talking about any and all football, it just takes two to have a conversation/discussion.

Congratulations to Chelsea tonight.. Terry almost ruined it all but the goal by Ramires was awesome and my hands were almost sore from clapping when Torres secured the victory at the end :heh:

I'd like to see them go on and actually win it now but a large part of me will feel really disappointed for Newcastle if they do end up managing to grab 4th and still manage to miss out..

Congratulations to Chelsea tonight.. Terry almost ruined it all but the goal by Ramires was awesome and my hands were almost sore from clapping when Torres secured the victory at the end :heh:

I'd like to see them go on and actually win it now but a large part of me will feel really disappointed for Newcastle if they do end up managing to grab 4th and still manage to miss out..

You want Torres to succeed at Chelsea?

Ahem. Bolton. Villa. Still in drop zone. One game in hand.

I'll leave the thread now.

Ahem. Bolton. Villa. Still in drop zone. One game in hand.

I'll leave the thread now.

I'm happy you won. Would love it if you and Wigan both stayed up. I have a feeling that one of them will go down, really can't pick who will, too close.

Are Bolton fans behind Coyle? How's the general mood?

Geoff Shreeves is a dick (like we didn't know already)