NEurope
flameboy

Football Season 2011/2012

I think goal line technology and video footage are very different things though.

Goal line technology = definite yes.

Video footage = If it is, it should be similar to tennis in that the captain (and only captain) can 'challenge' 3 decisions a half/match. If it's correct they remain at 3 challenges. If they're incorrect they lose one.

Why would the captain all of a sudden have the responsibility of the man in charge? 3 challenges is too many in my opinion, that could be another 6 stoppages. Fergie doesn't need another excuse for 5 more added minutes.

Why would the captain all of a sudden have the responsibility of the man in charge? 3 challenges is too many in my opinion, that could be another 6 stoppages. Fergie doesn't need another excuse for 5 more added minutes.

The captain is meant to be the leader of the team, it should be him who challenges. It can't really be the manager as he's more than likely going to be far away from the incident.

I said 3 challenges because that's what they do in tennis. Not all of them would result in extra stoppages; if there was a penalty given the play is stopped. Opposing team challenges and they find it's a dive. Challenges also wouldn't necessarily have to add on stoppage time.

How would you have the system work (if you'd have it at all)?

How would you have the system work (if you'd have it at all)?

I don't know and that's another part of the problem. No one has come up with a solution that every feels will definitely benefit the game.

I think the three challenges idea would definitely cut down on diving.

But yeah, for now, why not just leave it at having a camera on the goal line. Easy peasy.

3 challenges idea is silly. Goal line technology should be put in and if a dubious decision as to whether it crossed the line is needed, the game should be stopped and go upstairs to the 4th referee.

Is that so hard?

5am start, got to catch the coach up to Liverpool at 6:45. I'll give it until 7 before I'm asleep.

3 challenges idea is silly. Goal line technology should be put in and if a dubious decision as to whether it crossed the line is needed, the game should be stopped and go upstairs to the 4th referee.

Is that so hard?

Who decides if it's a dubious decision?

It's even easier than that. Tennis uses 'cyclops', a system which beeps if the ball has gone just over the service line. It automatically beeps if it the serve was out.

Just place a sensor which tracks the ball (so the keeper or other player cant set it off) and if the sensor detects the ball it vibrates on the referees arm if sensor is broken.

Who decides if it's a dubious decision?

It's even easier than that. Tennis uses 'cyclops', a system which beeps if the ball has gone just over the service line. It automatically beeps if it the serve was out.

Just place a sensor which tracks the ball (so the keeper or other player cant set it off) and if the sensor detects the ball it vibrates on the referees arm if sensor is broken.

I like this idea but how would the sensor detect whether the whole ball has crossed the entire line? If there was a sensor on the line, it can see that it would detect the front of the ball crossing it, but the whole ball has to go over - in a 'cleared off the line' situation, how could the ref tell the difference between it just going over and into the goal (goal), or going partly over then being cleared away (no goal)?

Despite this, I REALLY think this needs to be implemented ASAP. Blatter is an absolute imbecile. He doesn't deserve to be in charge of anything, let alone FIFA.

I like this idea but how would the sensor detect whether the whole ball has crossed the entire line? If there was a sensor on the line, it can see that it would detect the front of the ball crossing it, but the whole ball has to go over - in a 'cleared off the line' situation, how could the ref tell the difference between it just going over and into the goal (goal), or going partly over then being cleared away (no goal)?

Despite this, I REALLY think this needs to be implemented ASAP. Blatter is an absolute imbecile. He doesn't deserve to be in charge of anything, let alone FIFA.

The ball is a fixed width, move the sensor back by the width of the ball so that it will detect when all of the ball has gone over?

I genuinely cringe everytime Suarez hits the deck, why does a player with such ability make a meal of every challenge. It's embarassing.

Edited by Jon

Fucking yeeeeeeesssss, ROBIN VAN PERSIE.

Can't say we played brilliantly, but we deserve to win just because Suarez is a cheating bastard :p What a game from Szcezsny, he's the one who kept us in it.

Fingers crossed West Brom can get something against Chelsea, and Man U thrash the scum tomorrow!

Suárez didn't fucking dive, there was clear contact ffs.

Fucking sick to death of outplaying teams and not fucking winning.

Fuming.

Yes Suarez dived. There was contact but Suarez was already about 3/4 through his dive at the time.

Such a shame about the result though. Liverpool played really well today. Gotta give credit to Arsenal though, they took their chances.

Fuming.

He was going down before Szczesny got anywhere near him.

He was diving all game long.

And even when he doesn't happen to be fouled, he acts like he has broke his leg EVERY TIME.

He's a quality player, but like Ronaldo, he's a cheat.

Suárez didn't fucking dive

Every time he goes down he looks like he's been shot and the look on his face is like he's being castrated with no aesthetic. Even the commentators were taking the mick out of his sound effects... I have no idea what what Liverpool fans are looking at where Suarez is concerned. It's like watching one of those parents who never admits their kids can never do any wrong :shakehead

What can you say though, Arsenal mustered that extra bit of class where it mattered; doesn't matter how many chances Liverpool had.

Edited by madeinbeats

Yes Suarez dived, yes I'm glad the penalty and resulting chance was saved.

No I am not glad Arsenal won thanks to Robin bloody Persie again!

Destroying my fantasy footy team :p

How did we win that? Van Persie and Szczesny only players who wanted it.

Some hit my nose when the winner went in, worthy nosebleed.

Yes! Just got back from the Oxford Swindon game. They got our star striker (who rejected an offer to move to Swindon) sent off after 10 minutes, but then we score twice in 2 minutes! Defended our hearts out for 80 minutes with only 10 men, it was quite an unbelievable performance.

Fuming.

Come on. The fact that they looked at it about 10 times on Sky and couldn't decide negates the fact that the ref could. You had more possession but you didn't do anything with it. It would have been more had it not been for a great save from Reina.

Fuming.

When I get on my pc I'll link you video so you can put a pie in it.

Suarez is cheating scum.

and an Arsenal fan should know a diver when they see one, Pires was one of the best (or worst depending on your point of view) there has been.

The Suarez debate seems to be like this:

He's obviously a massive cunt, unless you support Liverpool.

Who knew?