NEurope
flameboy

Football Season 2011/2012

Yeah the blue one was just wrong... it must have stemmed simply from the Three Lions being blue. But to not have any of Englands colour in it was stupid.

Isn't it normally the beginning of each campaign that gets a new shirt? Meaning now maybe they have gone yearly... unless the blue one just sold so few they ditched it!

Yeah I thought it was every two years, but that horrible blue home kit one was only released last year wasn't it?... or has time really gone by that quickly!

I don't think that blue one has changed....like i said they work on alternating cycles of like 18 months.

Smalling looks to be in a bad way.

Reason number 24512 to "love" midweek internationals. :blank:

Well that was hilariously bad. First rule of a late equaliser, get the ball back, don't go to sleep. Punished.

Yeah, man. Totally agree.

I was thinking that, but Torres doesn't even get to start, at least Sturridge does.

Cahill was offside though.

My boss went to Wembley last night and walked out with 10 minutes left, 2-0 down.

Lols.

I can't stand people who leave early. You've paid to watch a game of football, so watch it. You wouldn't walk out of the cinema/theatre with 10 minutes to go. Madness.

Tbf at Wembley it does mean missing queing an extra 20-30mins waiting for the tube, but I completely agree.

@Fierce_LiNk: How confident are you at beating us on Sunday? I'm still under the impression that whatever team we field against United, we are destined to lose. It'd be interesting to hear from a United fan.

Tbf at Wembley it does mean missing queing an extra 20-30mins waiting for the tube, but I completely agree.

You've gone to an event with 90,000 people (when Wembley is full) what person in their right mind doesn't expect queues of people after? Someone who actually doesn't give a shit about the football and is there for the occasion, because it's a done thing, it's a day out.

When we beat Blackburn the other week people started leaving with 10 minutes to go, we were 6-1 up and it was an early kick off. No excuses, what's 30 minutes of your time on a pleasant Saturday afternoon. Bollocks to those people because they missed Henry's last home goal for The Arsenal. Got what they deserve.

It baffles me aswell. You've obviously set aside a few hours of your life at least to go watch a game, is 2-10 minutes really going to make a difference?

How about when you're being demolished?

Yes I know Ramar will bring up his (her?) story of how (s)he was stalwart in the face of the crushing Man United gave them earlier on in the season but has anyone else ever left early even when losing with no comeback in sight?

@Fierce_LiNk: How confident are you at beating us on Sunday? I'm still under the impression that whatever team we field against United, we are destined to lose. It'd be interesting to hear from a United fan.

Hmm, well I'm not expecting us to go there and crush Spurs. They're a difficult team to predict a result against, as they're very dangerous. I'll be happy if we come away with a 1-0 or something, and I think it'll be a close game.

As for the subject of people leaving matches early: One of my housemates at uni went to watch United play Villa in the league a few seasons back. With the score at 2-2, he and his Dad decided to leave the game. I think they were in the car park when they heard of Macheda getting the late winner. Seems a very stupid thing to do. It's like leaving a concert before the final song of the night.

I can't stand people who leave early. You've paid to watch a game of football, so watch it. You wouldn't walk out of the cinema/theatre with 10 minutes to go. Madness.

I was at the worlds most boring Scotland friendly a few years ago, it was getting closer to 10pm (when off-licenses have to close in Scotland). It was the choice of watching a few more minutes of football where nothing was going to happen or being able to buy some booze before the night out.

No prizes for guessing what we chose to do.

I cannot believe that people are still having the 'goal-line technology' argument. Just put a camera on the goal-line, and then either use software or just pay a another bloody referee to look at the replay. The arguments against are so bizarre i can't believe it's taken this long.

I cannot believe that people are still having the 'goal-line technology' argument. Just put a camera on the goal-line, and then either use software or just pay a another bloody referee to look at the replay. The arguments against are so bizarre i can't believe it's taken this long.

Yeah it's ridiculous. There's no reason not to have it, it would solve so many disputes.

I think the powers that be want football to be the same at every single level meaning that if it were to be implemented in EPL it would also have to be implemented in Sunday League football.

Another argument which I can't remember if it was Sepp Blatter or Michael Platini is that they think football is about talking points and goal line technology would take that way.

Both arguments are equally stupid.

The big picture is eliminating the referee's decision. It's the sole reason we don't have retrospective bans for things they have seen. Because the organisations don't want to undermine their men in the middle.

A big issue I have is that if we do goal line tech, people will then suggest we use video footage for every decision and the game will lose it's flow and pace. The debate of whether a ball has crossed a line comes up a lot less than a player taking a tumble or a wrong offside decision.

The big picture is eliminating the referee's decision. It's the sole reason we don't have retrospective bans for things they have seen. Because the organisations don't want to undermine their men in the middle.

A big issue I have is that if we do goal line tech, people will then suggest we use video footage for every decision and the game will lose it's flow and pace. The debate of whether a ball has crossed a line comes up a lot less than a player taking a tumble or a wrong offside decision.

I think goal line technology and video footage are very different things though.

Goal line technology = definite yes.

Video footage = If it is, it should be similar to tennis in that the captain (and only captain) can 'challenge' 3 decisions a half/match. If it's correct they remain at 3 challenges. If they're incorrect they lose one.