NEurope
flameboy

Football Season 2011/2012

Why is it people can judge whether players are bad/great/waste of money based on one performance of another player altogether?

Weird that.

Must've been a great game for the neutral.

But, I thought we were terrible tonight. Passing was bad, we didn't defend as a unit and we didn't create enough. So many players were off their game.

Bilbao did really well. They deserve to win that.

Why is it people can judge whether players are bad/great/waste of money based on one performance of another player altogether?

Weird that.

FYI I am a liverpool fan and have seen Llorente play many a time much better classic number 9.

Oh any Liverpool fans might want to know there are tickets still available for the everton game next tuesday if your a member.

Edited by James

It wasn't really directed at you, i was just saying it out loud. :)

It's just the morons on Twitter who are like 'ZOMFG KENNY SIGN LLORENTE EVEN THOUGH IVE NEVER HEARD OF HIM', just because he had a boss game vs United.

He is a good player though.

Bloody hell. We didn't deserve to win that at all.

And that was nowhere near over the line ;)

The match is so horrific I'm taking time out to post here.

Both teams are terrible, Charlie Adam is woeful.

:(

The match is so horrific I'm taking time out to post here.

Both teams are terrible, Charlie Adam is woeful.

:(

..if it wasn't already obvious, I think we can kiss our Champions League ambitions goodbye :indeed:

..if it wasn't already obvious, I think we can kiss our Champions League ambitions goodbye :indeed:

It's mathematically possible, ofcourse. But the level we are playing at is hardly worthy of 7th, seriously.

The redeeming thing in most games is that we actually play well and create chances, so far this game (5 mins left) we have done neither.

I try to be as optimistic and look for the positives in every game, but that was a disgrace.

I defend every Liverpool player, maybe sometimes wrongly, but that was a complete joke.

Fucking woeful.

Charlie Adam is a joke, Henderson is pathetic, downing not good enough and carroll is a waste!

Kenny got it so wrong. Dunno why he went British, big mistake and has not paid off!

He will always put the club first though and if he honestly feels he cannot take the club forward then he will walk. If he does stay he needs to get the transfer policy right in the summer. He should sell all the above and sign technically gifted players!

Charlie Adam is a joke, Henderson is pathetic, downing not good enough and carroll is a waste!

Kenny got it so wrong. Dunno why he went British, big mistake and has not paid off!

He will always put the club first though and if he honestly feels he cannot take the club forward then he will walk. If he does stay he needs to get the transfer policy right in the summer. He should sell all the above and sign technically gifted players!

I think a fair bit of blame goes to Comolli, for every one decent player he has to spot 3 naff ones.

I think a fair bit of blame goes to Comolli, for every one decent player he has to spot 3 naff ones.

kenny makes the final decision. comolli is part of it yet but kenny still has a big say and more importantly the final say!

kenny came out last summer and said he wanted players who were use to the EPL. Thats all okay if they are genuine quality but this lot are nowhere near.

I think henderson will be great when he gets older and more expirienced, and to be fair to downing he hasnt been too bad lately. Caroll and Adams can leave in the summer, shit id pay someone to take them off us. Semi football related; i had this done the other day -

IMG_0532-1.jpg

Took just shy of 6 hours, hurt like fuck towards the end and is huge.

Spurs lose again, good on you Everton. Gotta beat Newcastle now, if we do 3rd place is still up for grabs.

Massive game against Newcastle on Monday. We've not beaten them in last 3 league games.

Absolutely fuming. The most angry I've ever been after a football game. What the actual fuck is Redknapp playing at?!

First he lines up with Bale on the right and Modders on the left which is ridiculous; you don't play your two best players out of position. Then he waits way too long to bring VDV on, and keeps Bale on the right and puts VDV on the left. Moron.

We suddenly put together a handful of chances at the end when Bale finally switches over for the last few minutes.

King might be on his last season...

Absolutely fuming. The most angry I've ever been after a football game. What the actual fuck is Redknapp playing at?!

First he lines up with Bale on the right and Modders on the left which is ridiculous; you don't play your two best players out of position. Then he waits way too long to bring VDV on, and keeps Bale on the right and puts VDV on the left. Moron.

We suddenly put together a handful of chances at the end when Bale finally switches over for the last few minutes.

The baffling nature of Harry Redknapp, he does weird things like that, remember once when we player man utd and he decided we were going to play 3-5-2 a system we had never played.

Liverpool still on 39 points... with Europa League assured through the League Cup... now all that needs doing is getting over the 40 point mark to avoid relegation then rebuilding the team again in the summer. ¬_¬ Just not good enough but then we are used to it these days.*

I think Carroll would come good if he got a run in the team. He scored a couple there after getting a run when Suarez had been out. He was banging them in for Newcastle just fine. Adam though, I was never convinced with and his first year with Liverpool hasn't changed my mind. I'd say Adam and Downing are the main offenders whereas, for me, Henderson and Carroll could still have great futures.

*"these days" have gone on for over 20 years...

Why do people think he's bias towards British players? We wanted to bring in players who had experience in the PL, we didn't buy them because they were British.

I'm not really critical of the signings, they are young and need time. Nobody expected Henderson and co. to come in and be world beaters. I've seen more than enough to give these players time.

I think patience is needed. We aren't going to turn into a top 4 side in less than a year, well, not likely. Just be patient.

Why do people think he's bias towards British players? We wanted to bring in players who had experience in the PL, we didn't buy them because they were British.

I'm not really critical of the signings, they are young and need time. Nobody expected Henderson and co. to come in and be world beaters. I've seen more than enough to give these players time.

I think patience is needed. We aren't going to turn into a top 4 side in less than a year, well, not likely. Just be patient.

Henderson is a passenger. Goes missing every week!

Adam lacks vision and has a poor touch but at least he goes looking for the ball still. Henderson is happy to shy away and not do anything. So average and hell of a waste of money.

but the team could finish lower then last year and with less points. The team is no better. kenny wanted PL experience and it hasnt been a success. The signings have let him down!

Edited by khilafah

What Charlie Adam lacks in skill and composure he makes up for with bullishness and thuggery.

He pisses me off with his constant niggling fouls. He started off decently enough, but has been terrible for a few games now.

I know he can be great though, so I'll back him.

Ashley Young is back on form. He's absolutely bossing the left hand side so far today. The right back (Millias?) just cannot handle him at the moment.

I think Bale playing on the right has the potential to be a good thing as it means that he'll be able to cut inside and get some shots away. Although I didn't see the game so can't really comment and he's been fantastic on the left.