NEurope
flameboy

Football Season 2011/2012

I think Bale playing on the right has the potential to be a good thing as it means that he'll be able to cut inside and get some shots away. Although I didn't see the game so can't really comment and he's been fantastic on the left.

We're so much more dangerous with pace on the wings. The problem with Bale playing on the right is that he either comes inside where his blistering pace is wasted, or he is shown down the wing onto his right foot. It's alright if Lennon and Bale are switching wings during the game to try and confused the opponent, but otherwise Bale should stay on the left.

Yesterday served to prove how much we need to invest in cover for the wings. Modric on the left should never happen.

Henderson is a passenger. Goes missing every week!

Ok. Answer this question please.

Name some CMs who were better than Henderson currently is when they were 21. There isn't many.

I can't recall which team you support, but if it's Liverpool, please just give the lad more than 3/4 of a season.

Put yourself in his position. He's just moved away from all his family, the place where he's lived his whole life and away from the club he's always supported. He's started nearly every game this season for the 2nd biggest club in the country. All that at 21 years old.

His attitude off the field is absolutely brilliant, as is his work rate. I really believe he could turn into a top, top PL player.

I'd love to see Henderson do well. Problem is he's played out of position. I'd love to see him play in the middle more.

He played in the middle against Sunderland.

I 100% agree with you, he's not good out right, he's soooo much better in the middle.

With Gerrard being injured and Lucas you would have thought he would have had more chances in the middle. Hopefully be better performance on Tuesday by the whole team. I'd like to see Carroll start with Suarez.

Ok. Answer this question please.

Name some CMs who were better than Henderson currently is when they were 21. There isn't many.

I can't recall which team you support, but if it's Liverpool, please just give the lad more than 3/4 of a season.

Put yourself in his position. He's just moved away from all his family, the place where he's lived his whole life and away from the club he's always supported. He's started nearly every game this season for the 2nd biggest club in the country. All that at 21 years old.

His attitude off the field is absolutely brilliant, as is his work rate. I really believe he could turn into a top, top PL player.

He has started nearly every game and has been average/poor in 99% of them. His age is no excuse, the guy is not good enough simple as that.

I could quite easily name CM players who were better at 21 or under. Seriously mate, henderson is way off at the same age. The below are just a few who have played in england.

First of all, compare Henderson to a young Jamie Redknapp and Steven Gerrard. Like I said before, he is a passenger and doesnt go looking for the ball.

Next compare him to a young patrick viera, Jack Wilshere, Arron Ramsey, Joe Cole, Cesc Fabregas, even Frank Lampard and can you honestly say Henderson is on the same level or has made the same impact?

With Gerrard being injured and Lucas you would have thought he would have had more chances in the middle. Hopefully be better performance on Tuesday by the whole team. I'd like to see Carroll start with Suarez.

Its pretty obvious that kenny doesnt rate Carroll. He spends most of the time on the bench as dalgish is far from convinced.

Edited by khilafah

He has started nearly every game and has been average/poor in 99% of them. His age is no excuse, the guy is not good enough simple as that.

I could quite easily name CM players who were better at 21 or under. Seriously mate, henderson is way off at the same age. The below are just a few who have played in england.

First of all, compare Henderson to a young Jamie Redknapp and Steven Gerrard. Like I said before, he is a passenger and doesnt go looking for the ball.

Next compare him to a young patrick viera, Jack Wilshere, Arron Ramsey, Joe Cole, Cesc Fabregas, even Frank Lampard and can you honestly say Henderson is on the same level or has made the same impact?

Its pretty obvious that kenny doesnt rate Carroll. He spends most of the time on the bench as dalgish is far from convinced.

Gerrard, Vieira and Fabregas are/were world class players. Nobody expects him to get to their level. Joe Cole is shit. Wilshere is only 20 himself, and Ramsey 21.

So you've come up with 3 players. And that was so 'easy' for you.

Do you really think we bought him with the next year or so in mind? Why are football fans so impatient?

Is it because they see Chelski and City buy success, and they have to be the same?

I'd rather do it a proper way than be a Chelski/City.

Gerrard, Vieira and Fabregas are/were world class players. Nobody expects him to get to their level. Joe Cole is shit. Wilshere is only 20 himself, and Ramsey 21.

So you've come up with 3 players. And that was so 'easy' for you.

Do you really think we bought him with the next year or so in mind? Why are football fans so impatient?

Is it because they see Chelski and City buy success, and they have to be the same?

I'd rather do it a proper way than be a Chelski/City.

Viera was not world class at 21, Wilshere is 20 and and compare his talent to henderson. It isnt even close! Did you ever see joe cole at 21?

You wanted examples of players at 21 and under who were or are better then henderson. You havent proved that henderson comes anywhere close at the same age.

he cost £20m FFS. It is not like he came on the cheap. Seriously are you forgetting the £20m on henderson, £20m on Downing, and £35m on Carroll. Big money on average players!

do you wanna wait 3 years before he actually starts showing he is good enough. dont be silly! nobody expects him to be the finished article but what he has shown so far is nothing at all.

Tell me what he actually brings to team?

Viera was not world class at 21, Wilshere is 20 and and compare his talent to henderson. It isnt even close! Did you ever see joe cole at 21?

You wanted examples of players at 21 and under who were or are better then henderson. You havent proved that henderson comes anywhere close at the same age.

he cost £20m FFS. It is not like he came on the cheap. Seriously are you forgetting the £20m on henderson, £20m on Downing, and £35m on Carroll. Big money on average players!

do you wanna wait 3 years before he actually starts showing he is good enough. dont be silly! nobody expects him to be the finished article but what he has shown so far is nothing at all.

Tell me what he actually brings to team?

First of all, i was saying that Vieira turned out world class, i didn't make it clear.

He brings athleticism, work rate. He's very composed on the ball, he doesn't give it away much at all. He's good at linking up with short passes.

Do i want to wait? No, obviously i'd prefer him to turn into Iniesta tomorrow, but that's not happening. Am i willing to wait? Yes, he has shown potential and the correct attitude.

What if we had your attitude with Lucas? He'd of been gone long before now, and we'd be without one of our best players.

I'm not in the wrong for supporting and backing our players.

Seriously, are you a Liverpool fan?

First of all, i was saying that Vieira turned out world class, i didn't make it clear.

He brings athleticism, work rate. He's very composed on the ball, he doesn't give it away much at all. He's good at linking up with short passes.

Do i want to wait? No, obviously i'd prefer him to turn into Iniesta tomorrow, but that's not happening. Am i willing to wait? Yes, he has shown potential and the correct attitude.

What if we had your attitude with Lucas? He'd of been gone long before now, and we'd be without one of our best players.

I'm not in the wrong for supporting and backing our players.

Seriously, are you a Liverpool fan?

I back our players but at the same time I can see when a player is not good enough and needs replacing. Henderson isnt the the only one by the way!

Yes Lucas did improve, I cant argue with that. Again though, even when lucas was going through a bad time he wasnt a passenger. He didnt shy away from the ball.

I will tell you what Henderson does when he gets the ball. He looks sideways or backwards and passes the ball 5 yards. Now if that is why we spent £20m then its madness as you can get players who do the same thing for a whole lot cheaper. For me he hasn't shown any potential at all.

we just gonna have to agree to disagree on this I think.

It appears so.

Where's Happenstance, the chief Hendo basher around here. :D

Im busy playing Mass Effect 3. Dont really need to say much anyway as its already been said. Henderson vanishes most matches and while he very well may improve as time goes on, he is taking up space in the first team that should be filled with a player who will help us win games now, not in a couple of years.

I think the crux of the matter is he cost £16 million. There has to be more than just a potential tag with that sort of money. He looks a shadow of the player that was at Sunderland, although there's a few that applies too since they joined Liverpool, perhaps it's more a reflections on Dalglish. At the end of the day, if you spend £100 million rebuilding the squad, you expect far more than what's being delivered at the moment.

1 of the highlights of my weekend -

CITYFANGIF.gif

Apparently this is that blokes twitter account.

Hilarious back tracking on the tears.

Apparently this is that blokes twitter account.

Hilarious back tracking on the tears.

He can't make his mind up. He tells Vincent Kompany he was the crying fan, then says he was frustrated not crying...

Winner!

8ruv9c.jpg

He's good at elbowing people off the ball.

Never in a million years is that intentional.

Unless you're kidding? ::shrug:

Love it. We've become the new United, haven't we? Always getting the jammy last minute winner!

Confident we're going to get third place now.

My man of the match was Rosicky. He's been like a new player these last few games. Immense. Went after every ball.

Comeback kings at the moment and a new premier league record, think you have a point then BAM! Good on the Verminator, thought he might go off after the Ben Arfa challenge but warrior he is stays on and ultimately wins the game for us.

Well I expected us to lose going in...but did we have to lose like that? Really?

Ah well. At least we didn't get thrashed like we did at Tottenham. After the two goals happened we just seemed to be playing for the draw and eventually got punished for it. Never looked like scoring after the 20 minute mark. Was pleased with Ben Arfa's performance, not so much with Obertan. I was watching the game with Arsenal fans and they agreed with me that Obertan seems to be a bit like a poor man's Walcott - can run well with the ball but not do much else most of the time.

Fair play to Arsenal really, the amount of chances they were creating it seemed likely that something was going to go their way. Rosicky did look impressive I must say. I'll just have to hope Liverpool lose against Everton so we can keep some distance :heh:

Credit where it's due I thought Newcastle had got themselves a point. Can't believe how many turn arounds and late goals we're getting. Though I wish they'd stop doing it my throats been fucked since the north london derby.

1 point off third, funny old game is football.