Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Animal Crossing: New Leaf

daftada

Yes please - Do you want a Fire Flower or Pikmin in exchange? Also got a lot of fossils if anyone wants to swap.

Anyway, I finally caught all 54 fish available in June! The Gar was the hardest. Now, onto bugs!

Yeah I got them all the other day too, for me the hardest was the saddled birchir.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry about the disconnection, @Cube.

Yeah I got them all the other day too, for me the hardest was the saddled birchir.

Lovely looking fish, that is.

As for bugs, I think I only need seven of them, but I haven't caught a tarantula yet and also need to leave a turnip for flies!

Well it's pretty weird, I haven't even seen a tarantula yet. Do they still make a rustling noise like in WW?

Not sure, to be honest. I normally just see them, fumble about for my net, and they either attack me or run off.

Cleared the bill on my first bridge, woo hoo. Now just need a resident to move so i can build a 3rd. Which will make it even easier to access the beach in the south. Started work on the campsite, which after an island trip later should be cleared as well as the mortgage on Nooks. Maybe, who knows.

@RedShell I love your town. Can I come again please?
Thanks. :)

And of course, you can visit any time.

Apart from right now as I'm not online, but yeah. :heh:

@RedShell What's your Dream Address?
Don't have one yet.

I want to do a bit more work on my town before I find out/share my dream address though. :hehe:

But I'll be sure to let you know what it is, once I've got it sorted. : peace:

Everyone go to this Dream Address if you haven't already 0000-0100-0017
Awesome! :D

I love how Luigi is still in a tent with just a vacuum cleaner, but Mario has nice a house full of cool stuff.

:laughing:

Well it's pretty weird, I haven't even seen a tarantula yet. Do they still make a rustling noise like in WW?
Yeah, they do.

And they'll either rush towards and attack you, or run away, depending on if you have your bug net equipped.

They appear between 7pm-4am in June & August, pretty rare though.

Edited by RedShell
Automerged Doublepost

I've had a quiet day on it, too. Just turned it on to see if there was any progress in my town and watered the plants. I'm sure I'll spend longer on it again, but after a long session on Saturday I don't want to get burnt out!

Interesting.

I guess it is that kinda game though where it can possibly grow tiresome.

I have to say I have been really enjoying it, but it's almost becoming a routine for me now with what I'm doing.

Load the game up, look for fossils, fortune cookie, check on my fruit forest, have the ceremony for my newly completed project, start a new project, sail to the island, catch shit load of bugs and sharks, return and sell, pay off house, request new expansion, pay off project, sleep.

This is in different bursts throughout the day of course but it's generally the same each day.

Having said that... I don't feel like I've even scratched the surface yet with this game - not one bit. I haven't donated anything to the museum as I've been money hungry, :laughing: my house is an absolute disgrace (where do you get sodding carpet and wallpaper from?!), I have no clothes for my character and desperately need some new swag, I have only just invested in turnips, no new shops are open yet, hardly anyone's visited my town as I want to improve it loads before I let people in!

So yeah, loads to do!

A few pics from me to finish my post:

This dude washed up the shore a few days ago - wouldn't wake up and kept saying stuff that didn't make sense! :laughing:

Next day he'd gone!

HNI_0029_zpsb9104a56.jpg

Got this cool badge for my fishing efforts! I guess there's more of these for different things? Kinda like an in game achievement system?! Very cool!

HNI_0033_zps6fe2acab.jpg

Aaaand lastly, to complete my already awesome Mario Kart - I got a triple narna item in my fortune cookie today!! :yay: So naturally I placed them here...

HNI_0036_zpsb0fcf915.jpg

:heh:

This dude washed up the shore a few days ago - wouldn't wake up and kept saying stuff that didn't make sense! :laughing:

Next day he'd gone!

HNI_0029_zpsb9104a56.jpg

Yeah Gulliver washed up on my shores as well. If you keep talking to him (it might take a lot of tries), he will eventually wake up. He will try to remember what country he is from (or where he was going to, I forgot), and if you help him by answering the question right, you get a present sent to you. =)

I played quite a bit of this today. Finally spent some time on the island, trying out the different tours. Really like them, some are harder than others though! Also got the wetsuit so have been collecting quite a few sea creatures. Some of those earn you a small fortune! =O

This helped me to pay off my second mortgage and my campsite. Started a project for another bridge now, yay.

Also got Flink to create a character just now, but I doubt he will ever really get to play the game haha. =P

Aww guess I am a day or so behind on everyone, no changes yet in my town. Hopefully they will happen tomorrow or the day after, though not sure how much time I will have to play!

By the way, I have an extra pair of Varia Suit Shoes that I don't really need, if anyone is after them? I could just sell them, but figured I would check here first. =)

By the way Iun, I added you to my friendlist. Feel free to add me back, my FC is 5069-4067-0054!

Got it! See you next time!

I donate everything I find and sell the ones I've already donated. I'd rather fill the museum up before it's too late and I miss out on seasonal/monthly bugs and fish. Obviously money is a lot slower this way but never mind. Also I think donating keeps the town rating high and villagers happy?

Well you did say help yourself :heh: I'll bring some cherries on my next visit.

I haven't played online as much as I'd like to but will try to open my gates more often, not that there's much happening in my town compared to some I've seen!

Ohhh of course, I didn't mean anything by it! Glad they go to use rather than not - still got some sitting around the gate now!

Went to the london meet today, was quite nice doing a couple of island bits/generally meeting folks. I feel like there's very much I have yet to do(I've been trying to play not too intensely) but it was really kind of...encouraging? To see how much some people have done with their towns already that I want to get moving on too.

I donate everything I find and sell the ones I've already donated. I'd rather fill the museum up before it's too late and I miss out on seasonal/monthly bugs and fish. Obviously money is a lot slower this way but never mind. Also I think donating keeps the town rating high and villagers happy?

I've been exactly the same except with the sharks the other day...I really wanted the bells! Nook would be proud of me I guess?

Having sunk 620k into turnips yesterday it'd be cool if we could get a town turnip price list going. An explanation for people that haven't bothered with turnips yet:

An NPC sells turnips on Sunday morning prior to 12 noon. Re-tail offers to buy these turnips at a specific price on any day except Sunday. This price continuously changes (according to one of a few different patterns). There is a different price every day when the shop opens at 9AM, and the price also changes once per day at 12 noon.

Most likely people will only be around to visit people's towns for the 12 noon onwards price. I'll find out my price this evening and post it here. Can everyone else do the same? Cheers

I had Katie visit my town yesterday, she asked to visit another town so i took her to your town yesterday @flameboy whilst on my travels. Nice tree-filled town by the way.

I have run into a tarantula on my adventures only once, and it attacked me after i lunged my net at it. Ended up outside my house and havn't seen it since. Which is a shame, i fancy nabbing it asap. Got a petition going to get Club Lol in my town, signed up 3 townsfolk who are interested. Will get the campsite paid and my mortgage paid today (hopefully), people who have been visiting have donated bells in exchange for fruit and tools (i left it as their choice if they asked how much i wanted for fruit/tools as an exchange), which they did (very nice of them)

And if anyone needs Banana's, Coconuts or Mangos they are ready in my town and i can share them if needs be.

In all the London Streetpass excitement yesterday I totally forgot to buy Turnips.

Only 117 each in my town today.

My fortune for today cookie was the Master Sword. Wish I could display it in a remote area of my village surrounded by trees.

Edited by Guy

They are only a 100 in my town today. Checked a few minutes before noon as well and they were 142 at that point. Will try to keep an eye on it, but I usually can't get online until the evening anyway.

Also, I just got my third pair of Varia Suit shoes... Anyone interested in a trade? =P

If someone sees a pair of plain black trousers (if they exist), I'd love to get hold of a pair to go with my Star Trek uniform.

Also, if someone is collecting Gyroids, I'll give mine out for free. They don't seem to be worth that much for selling.

Also, I found this:

3ruMtJ7.jpg

If someone sees a pair of plain black trousers (if they exist), I'd love to get hold of a pair to go with my Star Trek uniform.

Also, if someone is collecting Gyroids, I'll give mine out for free. They don't seem to be worth that much for selling.

Also, I found this:

3ruMtJ7.jpg

I have some black formal trousers if you want them...not worth much I'll swap for an orange :P

Stupid question, its one of my villagers' birthday on Sunday. Should I send a birthday card the day before or on the day? Should I send one at all?

I always send a letter the day before. However, I think they prefer a visit on the actual day. Take a present too, as they appreciate it!