NEurope
darksnowman

Super Smash Bros. 3DS / Wii U

Well, it's been about 50/50 so far. Some lag, some okay. It definitely feels a bit slower online, at one point I had to do a double take when the sandbag section before the match felt so fast and fluid. Turns out that's how the game is always supposed to run.

What's the To in ShopTo stand for anyway? Today? Tomorrow? Too Tows? I know it should have arrived Toursday but maybe now you'll have To wait til Toosday.

The U.S Smash fans still have an hour to go until the midnight launch at Nintendo World Manhattan but the queue is already really long with some probably queueing a day at least, maybe. I posted footage before of the Hyrule Warriors launch line, Smash 3DS will literally smash that, pun intended.

[TWEET]517813158602604544[/TWEET]

Nintendo's Smash Bros. Gamble Pays Off - Game Scoop!

Currently downloading at 2 MBPS from the eShop. It's 6 AM and I'm busy with work all day today, so I'll most likely spend an all-nighter playing it when I get back. Good thing I believe in delayed gratification. :P

zlCfzSgN6QYOlawsHF

Pic of the day. Finally, Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS is being released overseas. Congratulations!! With the game released globally, from here on out I'll be posting about some of the hidden elements in the game. However, for now they'll only trickle down a little bit at a time. I'll be done with posting new pics by the end of the year, so I hope you'll enjoy the rest of the ride.

Essentially confirms no delay out of this year, @Dcubed :p

Edited by Serebii

zlCfzSgN6QYOlawsHF

Pic of the day. Finally, Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS is being released overseas. Congratulations!! With the game released globally, from here on out I'll be posting about some of the hidden elements in the game. However, for now they'll only trickle down a little bit at a time. I'll be done with posting new pics by the end of the year, so I hope you'll enjoy the rest of the ride.

Essentially confirms no delay out of this year, @Dcubed :p

I think it's safe to say that he's talking about the 3DS version in that context. He's not going to be talking about the hidden unlockable content from the Wii U version before it releases ;)

BTW. If we don't get a release date for it in this month's Nintendo Direct, it's not coming out this year. End of.

I think it's safe to say that he's talking about the 3DS version in that context. He's not going to be talking about the hidden unlockable content from the Wii U version before it releases ;)

BTW. If we don't get a release date for it in this month's Nintendo Direct, it's not coming out this year. End of.

5399805046_0d30e4dd70.jpg

It's coming next month :p

It's coming next month :p

And so are you. Boom!

Just read about the expanding Yoshi thing (it's been a long few weeks at work!) and it's hilarious but how did that get past QA?

Just a reminder, @Dcubed:

First, when it came in Japan, we had this pic of the day caption

Announcement: Originally, the pic of the day was only supposed to continue for about two months, but I've ended up posting pictures until even today. The 3DS version has already been released in Japan, so I would like to talk about how future posts will be handled. First, I will not talk about hidden features until the game is released overseas. On the other hand, I definitely will talk about them after the game is released abroad. In addition, I am planning to continue making posts at least until the Wii U version is released. I haven't decided if I'll go by the Japanese version release or the release of versions abroad, but the point is that I'll continue posting for a little bit longer.

Now, we have this

Confirmed :p

Any shopto-ers had theirs yet?! Know it's early, thoughts I'd ask anyway!

Nothing here at present, but our postman is normally in the 11 o'clock region anyway. The lazy ***** :heh:

Shopto got me my copy yesterday..so awesome. Only disappointment was that there wans't an epic trailer/video that plays when you turn it on (unlike Melee).

Played online with Zell. The lag is so frickin' bad it's unreal. I played SFIV online on my 3DS afterwards and it was fine. Will do some random games online tonight to see if it's still this bad. No wonder Sakurai was so shifty at E3 about the online play :(

Also, I'm in love with both Yoshi and Ness. They feel so much better than in previous game...dat Yoshi character model! <3

I'm disappointed with Marth though...why is his sword so short? His biggest asset was his incredible range and it's gone :(

I got mine from shopto yesterday as well. Don't have anyone online to play with - the 1 player game is very smooth.

It seems like only 500 coins from the demo transferred for me, rather than the whole lot. Anyone else see that?

I have only played with FireEmblem characters and the bottom row and still the only one I don't really like is Megaman. I think Mii fighter sword is actually my favourite right now although I have played the best with Pacman.

Shopto got me my copy yesterday..so awesome. Only disappointment was that there wans't an epic trailer/video that plays when you turn it on (unlike Melee).

Played online with Zell. The lag is so frickin' bad it's unreal. I played SFIV online on my 3DS afterwards and it was fine. Will do some random games online tonight to see if it's still this bad. No wonder Sakurai was so shifty at E3 about the online play :(

Really? I was playing for a couple of hours last night and had zero lag.

Yeah I had a couple of games last night, 4 player and it seemed fine, not as smooth obviously, but more than good enough, it was great actually. Can't wait to sink some more time into this, so much to it, but I am a bad smash player!

Had some lag last night when I tried online. Not Brawl bad though, it was still playable.

Funny how I had better connections with people in Japan

Hoping it's just a launch day thing.

Well both mine and my brothers copies of Super Smash Bros arrived today! :D

Had a few quick games on it, it's good but I'm just getting a feel for the controls at the moment.

Mine arrived today too! Gonna get on it right away! Here I come a Ness! Fuck the rest of em!! :laughing:

Me playing Smash Run:

zzPiK4i.jpg

I'm gettin' too old for this shit. :heh:

Anyhoo, I switched the L + R buttons around so grab is on R, definitely feel more at home with that setup. But yeah, even the demo couldn't prepare me for how crazy this game is! Gonna take a while to get up to speed I reckon. :hehe:

I fear for the safety my 3DS though, I really do. :laughing:

Well that's a first... I managed to beat Classic mode on the highest difficulty, I've never been able to do that before in a Smash Bros game :D Now for All-Star mode, although it doesn't feel right playing that when I haven't unlocked everyone yet.

Me playing Smash Run:

zzPiK4i.jpg

I'm gettin' too old for this shit. :heh:

Anyhoo, I switched the L + R buttons around so grab is on R, definitely feel more at home with that setup. But yeah, even the demo couldn't prepare me for how crazy this game is! Gonna take a while to get up to speed I reckon. :hehe:

I fear for the safety my 3DS though, I really do. :laughing:

Heh, that's the very first thing I did as well (well, after turning tap jump off of course ;) )

BTW, even after my experience with the demo, I have to say that I swear that it's way too easy to knock people off the stage! It feels like there's hardly any off screen space at all!

Also, I know that these are small things, but I really miss how the trophies used to show what game each trophy originated from (and the corresponding release date). Considering how they've bigged this up as being The Histoy of Nintendo, it seems really weird that they cut that out (screen space/resolution issues? Perhaps they just couldn't squeeze the text into the space they had?). Likewise it's a bit weird to see it have to switch to a seperate screen to show your results after each match, instead of just zooming into your character and showing your stats; kinda breaks the flow a little bit.

Also I was a bit disappointed to not see any little character video clips when you finish Classic or All Star mode :( Always loved seeing those in Brawl and Melee as it added an extra layer of gravitas to the whole thing. Hope those little touches make it into the Wii U game (what with it obviously having much more disc space and resolution/screen space to work with).

Otherwise it's great! Ike is a total beast! :D (they actually made him pretty speedy and didn't downgrade his damage dealing capabilities! He's a monster!)

Really digging Charizard this time around, feels pretty brutal.

Hi is anyone Haveing trouble piting the Club Nintendo code in to register the game?