Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Seth MacFarlane Rebooting The Flintstones

Ashley

I don't really get why this guy's so succesful.

He does the same jokes over and over, he's got two identical shows, which are a ripoff off the Simpsons, it's badly drawn and it's just pointless.

I hope he takes a VERY different approach when doing this Flintstones film.

Not to mention I'm pretty tired of everything getting rebooted all the time. The Hulk got rebooted twice within two years, Fantastic Four is getting rebooted after two movies and Ghost Rider is getting rebooted after one movie, without even changing the cast.

Edited by darkjak

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really get why this guy's so succesful.

He does the same jokes over and over, he's got two identical shows, which are a ripoff off the Simpsons, it's badly drawn and it's just pointless.

I hope he takes a VERY different approach when doing this Flintstones show.

Fixed for you!

Lets not forget, Seth Mcfarlane started his career with children's cartoons.

Took part in writing: Johnny Bravo, Cow and Chicken and Dexter's Laboratory.

So I'm leaning more towards that it will be good.

I think all of Seth's shows started out hilarious and have stayed pretty hilarious throughout their runs, so I say good luck to him working on a dream project like reintroducing the Flintstones. Let's see where he goes with this, I say. It'll soon die if it sucks, and even if it doesn't we still have the off button on our remotes and the original, awfully boring, Flintstones cartoon to enjoy.

Am I the only one that always thought the Flintstones was crap? Why would I watch that when the brilliance of Transformers, He-Man and Visionaries was on?

I liked it, I watched it, I don't know why. It IS a bit cack, yet I'd still watch it when it was on bbc2 recently and I was about. It's just like one of those shows, I guess. Easy yet nothing remarkable.

Am I the only one that always thought the Flintstones was crap? Why would I watch that when the brilliance of Transformers, He-Man and Visionaries was on?

You wouldn't, but it's hardly a fair comparison, since The Flintstones is twenty years older than those other cartoons you mentioned.

When I was a kid they were the options. It has been forever tainted.

That's okay. All of the cartoons you mentioned sucked, anyway. At least The Flintstones wasn't engineered just to sell toys to impressionable children. :heh:

Odwin is right, Flintstones is fucking shit as hell. I hate all the shitty Hana Barbara cartoons. Just not funny. Even as a kid not funny or intriguing or anything.

The best thing was that Happy Meal/Kids Meal scabba dabba doo mobile toy.

This makes me sad to hear you say that! :(

Let's not forget how ground breaking The Flintstones actually was - first animated prime time show to last over two seasons, first animated show to depict infertility, first animated show to depict two people of the opposite sex in one bed. And more. You may not like it but I very much doubt we'd have any Seth McFarlane shows if it were not for The Flintstones.

And who doesn't love cycled backgrounds? :p

ah come it was a lot older than those shows to be fair.

Scooby Doo is probably the worst.

agreed.. that dog should have been put down a long time ago

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!