N-Europe

Wii Play: Motion

Cube

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone read what Iwata said about WP:M at the investors meeting? There should be a particularly interesting Iwata Asks for this one.

In this title, you can enjoy a variety of 12 games which are available only with Wii Remote Plus. Several video game developing companies Nintendo has worked with competitively created the games for this title. The development process was very unique: we collected some good ideas of utilizing Wii Remote Plus from developing companies, we asked a developing company to complete a promising prototype game that we had created in-house in the experimental stage, and our in-house development team even helped with some development. We are going to disclose the development process of each distinctive game in the future.

Kotaku

Release date and colour confirmed.

Party game sequel Wii Play: Motion will launch across Europe on 24th June.

Nintendo's new set of mini-games makes use of the Wii Motion Plus add-on. Wii Play: Motion comes bundled with a Wii Remote Plus, which has the add-on built in.

The original Wii Play is one of the best-selling games of all time. What the heck? It's true - the original included a Wii Remote for free. This time around Europeans get a red flavoured Wii Remote Plus. North American gamers have the title a week earlier and are gifted a black coloured remote instead.

• 4 weeks later...

It does look awful, particularly considering the sort of games we should have got on Wii that expand on what Nintendo have teased us with since the Wii first arrived..

We should have a Super Tennis game that builds on Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort. We should have a 1080 Snowboarding game that utilises the Balance Board and expands on what we saw in Wii Fit. We should have a Wave Race game that improves on Wii Sports Resort. Luigi's Mansion.. Starfox.. Pikmin.. all a perfect fit for the Wii Remote and Nunchuk!

..and we get this :(

..and we get this :(

Because this clearly ate the development budges for all those titles and prevented 12 teams - each a 100 people strong - from focusing their attention on the hardcore for the last three years, right?

For what it's worth, I really like the trailer - provided these games will have multiplayer. If they do, they look like wacky, short, fluent, easily accessible games with a competitive element. Might be brilliant to play with non-gamer people. That's not evening entertainment for when you're alone with the console or have the Smash Brothers cracks around and it's not meant to be.

I would also like to have a Wiimote+ when Skyward Sword is released, so I'll consider this.

Because this clearly ate the development budges for all those titles and prevented 12 teams - each a 100 people strong - from focusing their attention on the hardcore for the last three years, right?

For what it's worth, I really like the trailer - provided these games will have multiplayer. If they do, they look like wacky, short, fluent, easily accessible games with a competitive element. Might be brilliant to play with non-gamer people. That's not evening entertainment for when you're alone with the console or have the Smash Brothers cracks around and it's not meant to be.

I would also like to have a Wiimote+ when Skyward Sword is released, so I'll consider this.

I was thinking the same, I could certainly do with another Motion Plus controller and I got the Red Wii bundle for Christmas so to have another red Motion Plus would be doubly awesome.

The game doesn't look great but as far as casual games go it looks quite fun and definitely an improvement over the original Wii Play. After all, what you have to remember about games like this and Wii Party is that you are essentially just buying the controller and having a free game with it so for what it is, it looks like a decent buy.

Also, I can pretend I'm playing Luigi's Mansion Wii and dream of what could have been :blank:

• 3 weeks later...
Just seen the launch trailer. God it looks absolutely terrible, every game looks shit. I'm sure it'll be good mindless fun, but it doesn't look it. Most of them I can't even see how the wiimotionplus will be used to any great effect!
Yeah I can only see a couple of games that might benefit from Motion+, everything else looks standard WiiMote. Crap.

My copy of this arrived today. Haven't had the chance to try it out yet, but I have to say, the red Wii remote is gorgeous! :love: Also - Thickest. Manual. Ever. Those of you who get it will see what I mean!

EDIT - Just spent about 40 minutes going through all the games. Couple of them raised a smile, but overall, it's pretty dull. A very poor man's Wii Party.

Edited by Mike