N-Europe

Super Mario 3D Land

I was just wondering, isn't this game a bit too short to be worth about 45 euros?

It sounds like an absolute brilliant Mario game, but way too short and ....hmmm.... compact?

I'll tell you later. In fact, I've got a feeling I'll be able to tell you very soon... I've just blasted through World 1 100%. At the moment, I'm trying to find the well-hidden 3rd Star Coin in 2-2.

To be fair, I don't think this game is too easy and, depending on the post-game, may not even be short.

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The downside of relying on getting review copies for Nintendo 1st party games: sometimes you just have no idea whether a copy is coming or not! I still haven't received my review copy of Super Mario 3D Land; it could come tomorrow, Saturday, next week.. or never. I wonder how long I can go before I crack and buy it...?

Got this today and absolutely loving it so far. Plenty of nods to old Mario but Mario 3 in general. Just little things bring a smile to my face. I'm a bit shit so I keep dying on stupid things, and i'm only on world 2! My only concern is that the world map is pretty shit and the worlds aren't themed. Then again neither were the ones in Mario 1. I guess they found it too difficult to not redo the same themes.

Just completed my first play-through on this, 4:19 on the activity log. :hmm:

So yeah, short but sweet... very sweet though. :wink:

And I'm getting the impression that the post-game will easily bring that time up to 8-10 hours, probably more.

The downside of relying on getting review copies for Nintendo 1st party games: sometimes you just have no idea whether a copy is coming or not! I still haven't received my review copy of Super Mario 3D Land; it could come tomorrow, Saturday, next week.. or never. I wonder how long I can go before I crack and buy it...?
Would they still send out review copies after the launch date though? Seems a bit pointless. :blank:

Just completed my first play-through on this, 4:19 on the activity log. :hmm:

So yeah, short but sweet... very sweet though. :wink:

And I'm getting the impression that the post-game will easily bring that time up to 8-10 hours, probably more.

Well, that's a turn-off. "Very sweet" is not equal to "amazing", is it? I hope I won't be disappointed. I do not have high expectations from what I've seen of the game, but I have faith in Nintendo.

8-10 hours doesn't sound good, though.

Im getting my copy of this on 2nd December bundled with the delicious white 3DS. With Sonic out next week for the 3DS and Mario Kart the same day as the console bundle, the fact it is short isn't that bad to me now I have other games to play.

Looks amazing though, I cannot wait!!

Would they still send out review copies after the launch date though? Seems a bit pointless. :blank:

Not usually, but I recently received Tetris a week after it came out, and possibly Kirby Mass Attack was after release too. Professor Layton and the Spectre's Call, on the other hand, I've had for a week already.

Played for an hour, completed worlds 1 and 2 100% and I have 45 lives.

So far the game is not as fun as I hoped (I know, I'm an unsatisfiable bastard). The only good things so far are the music and graphics. Gameplaywise I do not like the game a lot...It just feels slow (yes, I still think it's slow), and not really fresh. There are some new bits but they do not make the game feel 'special'.

Maybe I had the wrong expectations. I will take a break for a few hours and then I'll get to it again.

Don't get me wrong, the game is good and it is fun. Just not as much as (every) other Mario title/s I played (except New Super Mario Bros. Wii and DS, they suck :p).

loooooool you guys are hilarious

@yesteryeargames £25 from morrison is a great price atm.

im currently on world 8-6 this game is awesome... but for me its almost SS time, either going to start tonight or tomorrow night.

amazon has done that to me so many times! @Debug Mode

I also wanted to thank the peeps who reccomended shopto, first time i preordered from there it came 2 days early.