N-Europe

PlayStation Vita Console Discussion

Aneres11

I've put some serious time into my Vita this weekend.

I played and finished Resistance yesterday. I decided to start with this rather than Uncharted as it's only 4-5 hours long. It was an enjoyable romp, even if it is a little rough around the edges. If I wasn't so invested in the series I wouldn't have enjoyed it as much as I did.

I played around with that free app that's on the Vita. It's quite a fun little selection if games, if a little short.

I started Uncharted this morning and i'm nearly done. I would have had it finished if I didn't have to come and sort out the mess in the Nintendo part of the forums.

Uncharted is really just like playing a PS3 game in the palm of your hands. Even though Sony Bend have made it, it looks and feels just like Naught Dog had done it. The witty banter is still there, as is the tried and tested gameplay.

In terms of the Vita itself, i'm so impressed by it. Now I love my 3DS but compared to the vita it now feels like a Fisher Price toy. Having a touch screen that is so responsive is a breath of fresh air. I thought I would have had issues with the sticks, but they feel fine. My only issue is the shoulder buttons, which I would have liked to have been like the PSP ones, which are more square.

All in all i'm really happy with my purchase and think it's a quality bit of kit. I'm deciding whether to play through Uncharted on Crushing tomorrow or whether to start Gravity Rush. Either way fun will be had methinks. :D

I don't remember any free games, what's this? Something with the AR cards?

Nah, its on the start screen. It has a few mini games in it, like a skate boarding game, a numbers game and a sliding puzzle game. It's kinda like a tutorial for the Vita's functions.

In terms of the Vita itself, i'm so impressed by it. Now I love my 3DS but compared to the vita it now feels like a Fisher Price toy. Having a touch screen that is so responsive is a breath of fresh air. I thought I would have had issues with the sticks, but they feel fine. My only issue is the shoulder buttons, which I would have liked to have been like the PSP ones, which are more square.

All in all i'm really happy with my purchase and think it's a quality bit of kit. I'm deciding whether to play through Uncharted on Crushing tomorrow or whether to start Gravity Rush. Either way fun will be had methinks. :D

My Xl feels squidgy compared to the solid vita

but responsive touch screen? mines useless! maybe its the official screen protector that came with my travel pack, i've had it on since i bought it, but sometimes its hard to even unlock my vita and slide the page down

My Xl feels squidgy compared to the solid vita

but responsive touch screen? mines useless! maybe its the official screen protector that came with my travel pack, i've had it on since i bought it, but sometimes its hard to even unlock my vita and slide the page down

I have a screen protector as well ( GAME accessory pack ) and it hasn't stopped the screen from being responsive in the slightest. Dodgy screen perhaps?

I was on the Wii U yesterday and it's like night and day between the quality of the screens on these devices.

In terms of touch screen responsiveness or visual clarity and resolution? I'm interested in the comparison between the two as I might pick up a Vita one day for PS4 remote play. I believe the vita has a higher PPI than the Gamepad?

Both.

The response time and accuracy of the Vita screen is amazing, as is the clarity of the picture. The only issue I have with it is the mura effect that has happened. Apparently this is an OLED problem and is very common.

That sounds nasty :( does it make a noticeable difference during gameplay, or is it only apparent when you have a full black screen (such as a loading screen)? I hear the Vita has burn in issues too...

I've only ever seen it during full black screens so its never been a proper issue for me anyway. Also no burn in at all on my Vita.

That sounds nasty :( does it make a noticeable difference during gameplay, or is it only apparent when you have a full black screen (such as a loading screen)? I hear the Vita has burn in issues too...

You only see it during a black screen and at night. During normal gameplay I can't see it at all.

Heck is the Mura Effect?

It seems the Mura Effect is when the screen is on but black (a loading screen, for example), darker or lighter patches can be seen.

I had no idea what it was, but my screen has it a lot.

I noticed it on day one on the black loading screens on Lumines... fortunately it only really appears when there's nothing much happening on screen so you can pretty much ignore it.

Speaking of which, I've pretty much been ignoring my Vita for months now, I must upgrade to that 16GB card I got ages ago and actually start using it more.

With Uncharted and Resistance done and dusted I started Gravity Rush earlier this week. It's quite a fun little game. The camera can go a little all over the place at times but given than you are flying upside down and side to side it's quite understandable.

It has a very French/European feel about it and some of the music reminds me of the opening theme from Monsters Inc. for some reason. :D

Once you upgrade your powers a bit more in Gravity Rush and really get a hang of using them it becomes really satisfying flying around that city the way you want.

I'm not very far ( Chapter 6-7 I think ) but that's mostly because i'm just flying around and under the city looking for gems. There are a few challenges kicking about but figure I would just leave them until I get some more upgrades.