N-Europe

PlayStation Vita Console Discussion

Aneres11

Just started playing Virtue's Last Reward, it doesn't have its own thread so just gonna pop a few questions here if anyone's a fan? (@Magnus?)

1. Is there a shortcut for going through items quickly that I can't seem to find? Find the item menu a bit cumbersome and always used Dpad-up on the DS.

2. Any other good control tips? Is there a way to enable the dotted outline from 999, or the shoulder buttons for conversation skipping?

3. Without any spoilers, was there anything between 999 and this (like a web series, manga or something)?

4. Will the flow chart make it really easy to solve the way to all the endings and which ending you're heading towards? Seems like it will.

5. Clovers character design... why did they change it so much? She looks like pebbles from the Flintstones -_- (This one is more rhetorical...)

1. Is there a shortcut for going through items quickly that I can't seem to find? Find the item menu a bit cumbersome and always used Dpad-up on the DS.

Not that I know of. It gets pretty annoying in a couple of the puzzle rooms.

2. Any other good control tips? Is there a way to enable the dotted outline from 999, or the shoulder buttons for conversation skipping?

Square allows you to cycle between stop/auto/skip, but that's about it.

3. Without any spoilers, was there anything between 999 and this (like a web series, manga or something)?

Nope, you haven't missed anything.

4. Will the flow chart make it really easy to solve the way to all the endings and which ending you're heading towards? Seems like it will.

The flowchart makes it super easy. You'll soon figure out exactly how it works in regards to endings.

5. Clovers character design... why did they change it so much? She looks like pebbles from the Flintstones -_- (This one is more rhetorical...)

The game makes several references to the director being a huge pervert, so I'm guessing he probably explored his sexuality to The Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm Show.

A load of PSP games are on sale, £3.19 each:

LittleBigPlanet

God of War: Chains of Olympus

God of War: Ghost of Sparta

MotorStorm Arctic Edge

Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters

Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier

ModNation Racers

Resistance: Retribution

SOCOM: Fireteam Bravo 3

Patapon 2

LocoRoco 2

Killzone: Liberation PLA

Another batch will be on sale in two weeks.

Although I suspect the non-use of the second stick would annoy me too much to play any.

God of War: Chains of Olympus

I can't even find this on the store, is it US only?

Edit: found it in the end... Not listed in plus discounts, top discounts, top PSP games, couldn't find it on the Vita store or by searching Chains on the PS3 store... Eventually found it by searching God and scrolling half way down the page...

Edit 2: PSP demos can't be copied over to Vita. Why. Why would you do that?

Edit 3: Okay, I am officially more annoyed by the PlayStation's need to top up your "wallet" by a minimum of £5 than I ever was by Microsoft Points.

Edited by Shorty

The guy running the Eurogamer Xbone e3 live feed is reporting there is a short Vita worldwide announcment 10 minutes before the Xbox conference. It starts!

We’re just over an hour away from E3 officially kicking off with the Microsoft press conference at 9AM PST, but as it turns out, there will be a “special PS Vita Worldwide Reveal” at 8:50AM PST. This news comes via Geoff Keighley, who, like us, is preparing for all the craziness that it is about to ensue today.

It’s not just the PlayStation Vita that’s going to be getting some attention this morning, as Geoff also teased it’s “going to be a huge day for a TON of next-gen game announcements.” With the Xbox conference slated to have 20 different games, and the Sony one sure to have more than a few surprises, expect Geoff’s words to hold true.

Whatever that PlayStation Vita game turns out to be, we’ll be sure to let you know exactly what it is.

from playstationlifestyle.net

Edited by Kaepora_Gaebora

Persona 2: Innocent Sin, Persona 3 Portable and Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky are all half off on PSN for the next two weeks, if anyone's in the mood for some awesome JRPGs.

Meanwhile, I'm tempted by Assassin's Creed: Bloodlines, even though it looks pretty terrible. And Metal Gear: Peace Walker, to add to my pile of Metal Gear games on the Vita that I will play at some point in the distant future. :sad:

Sony just announced a Vita Mega Pack for European markets, with UK release due on the 28th of June. Comes with 10 games and an 8GB memory card.

Games included:

LittleBigPlanet PS Vita

WipeOut 2048

MotorStorm RC

Little Deviants

Frobisher Says! (with Fun Pack DLC)

Ecolibrium (with Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum game packs)

Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters

Lemmings

Hungry Giraffe

The HD Adventures of Rotating Octopus Character

Pretty great deal considering Zavvi are selling it for £25, and it looks like they will all fit on the 8GB memory card! If they push it enough outside of the channels I'm seeing this, they might get quite a few new Vita customers.