N-Europe

PlayStation Vita Console Discussion

Aneres11

Wow! The GOW Collection is a terrible port...

Low resolution (looks about as blurry as the original PS2 version on a HDTV, maybe even worse), capped at 30FPS (with frequent dips into the low 20s, high teens), sound is compressed to hell and the FMVs have been reduced in quality too (understandable given that they need to cram both games into the one Vita card, but damn...).

The rear touch pad being used in place of R2 for opening chests/contextual actions is also a regrettable choice.

Good thing I got this for free by owning the PS3 collection digitally. You actually get a better gameplay experience from playing the game via remote play! :o

Avoid!

That's a shame, they usually seem to do a pretty decent job with these kinds of ports.

True, they're usually pretty darn good. Already had these ages ago free on Plus on the PS3 so not really bothered.

well thats one game off my list of buys when i finish FFX! i can't believe its so bad!

How are you getting on with this? I'm nearly ready to take on all the dark aeons (already done Dark Valefor). It's been fun powering up to complete this fully for the first time.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Bought Mind Zero in the Playstation Summer Sale this morning as I'd heard it was a Persona clone...didnt realise just how much they had ripped it off though.

These are the two cops in the game, for anyone who played Persona 4 I expect they'll look familiar

MIND-ZERO-Hiroaki-Kamata-Nobuhiko-Watanabe.jpg

...Tried to google for a comparison shot but it just came up with a load of fan drawings of Dojima and Adachi getting it on lol

So I'm seriously looking into getting a VITA, although I'll likely be grabbing a preowned one. Just a couple of questions..

1) If I buy preowned, will there be any problems using it online? It's not 'locked' to the previous user is it? Owning Nintendo console has got me slightly worried..

2) Is the device region free?

3) Recommend me some games biatches.

So I'm seriously looking into getting a VITA, although I'll likely be grabbing a preowned one. Just a couple of questions..

1) If I buy preowned, will there be any problems using it online? It's not 'locked' to the previous user is it? Owning Nintendo console has got me slightly worried..

1 - Shouldn't be any issues, you can reset the machine and it will work fine. It's not locked to a previous user.

2 - It is, but the account you use isn't

3 - Borderlands 2 (Vita version), Tearaway, Terraria (Vita version) and Soul Sacrifice to name a few

Nope, no problems at all.

Yep, in that all physical games from any region can be played on it. Any PSN account can load on it too (any region), but unlike PS3 you can't just easily switch between accounts to download games from various regional stores. No issue at all though if you don't have a US/Japanese PSN account on top of your regular EU account.

Persona 4 Golden is the must have game of the system, no questions asked.

Other amazing games:

Rayman Origins & Legends

Final Fantasy X/X-2 (awesome if you like RPGs)

Zero Escape (sequel to 999)

Disgaea 3 and 4

LittleBigPlanet

Tearaway

Soul Sacrifice

Metal Gear Solid HD

I highly recommend these Indie games too:

Rogue Legacy

Terraria

Spelunky

Hotline Miami

A lot of good to be had on this.