NEurope
Aneres11

PlayStation Vita Console Discussion

Sounds more like she doesn't really play a lot of video games in her free time and neither cares much for them. If she's indeed supposed to be spokeswoman, the Taiwanese Sony guys should have briefed her better, otherwise they're just asking for that kind of faux pas. :heh:

Dudes! I forgot to mention I played a Vita the other day. Felt rather nice. Graphics were excellent BUT were very difficult to see due to the small screen. It was probably just the game I was playing, which I'm not actually allowed to mention, but yes. Sticks etc were lovely, touch screen was fine but didn't use it all that much. The rear touch panel was a little large for my liking - to avoid pressing it accidentally you had to scrunch your fingers into a sort of claw which was a shame. Other than that I was really impressed, and am now seriously considering buying one having never owned a playstation product.

Dudes! I forgot to mention I played a Vita the other day. Felt rather nice. Graphics were excellent BUT were very difficult to see due to the small screen. It was probably just the game I was playing, which I'm not actually allowed to mention, but yes. Sticks etc were lovely, touch screen was fine but didn't use it all that much. The rear touch panel was a little large for my liking - to avoid pressing it accidentally you had to scrunch your fingers into a sort of claw which was a shame. Other than that I was really impressed, and am now seriously considering buying one having never owned a playstation product.

You're not allowed to mention that you were playing a game on it? :blank:

Spoiler alert: the PlayStation Vita plays games.

A big improvement over the PSP, then.

Interesting. I am with Vodafone. I wonder if that helps. But again....I am doubtfully getting the 3G. Depends on tariffs I guess?

We've got the US prices for peripherals, including the memory cards. The memory card prices are disgusting considering many games NEED a memory card to be played. The Vita is a nice bit of kit but this is just ridiculous

4GB PlayStation Vita Memory Card - $29.99

8GB PlayStation Vita Memory Card - $44.99

16GB PlayStation Vita Memory Card - $69.99

32GB PlayStation Vita Memory Card - $119.99

PlayStation Vita AC Adaptor - $19.99

PS VITA Armor GameCase - $7.99

PS VITA ArmorShell - $12.99

PlayStation Vita Car Adaptor - $17.99

PlayStation Vita Card Case - $9.99

PlayStation Vita Carrying Case - $19.99

PlayStation Vita Cradle - $19.99

PS VITA Crystal Custom Case - $19.99

PlayStation Vita In-ear Headset - $19.99

PS VITA Nerf Armor - $17.99

PlayStation Vita Portable Charge - $49.99

PlayStation Vita Protective Film (Two Pack) - $14.99

PS VITA Pull N Go Folio - $29.99

PlayStation Vita Starter Kit - $29.99

PS Vita Starter Kit - $24.99

PS Vita Trigger Grip - $17.99

PlayStation Vita Travel Pouch - $19.99

PlayStation Vita USB Cable - $14.99

http://www.examiner.com/video-game-news-in-national/ps-vita-memory-cards-and-other-accessories-priced-by-gamestop

So that'll be £20/£30 for a 4GB/8GB card!

Bit costly considering you can get an SD equivilant for like a quarter of that. It is pretty disgusting that Sony are FORCING this for games and thus are using their own format.

I can see them taking a loss on the console and this can be used to try and shore up the profits

yeah probably does mean nothing if your on vodafone, people will likely have to take out a seperate data plan for this.

It is pretty disgusting that Sony are FORCING this for games and thus are using their own format.

First world problems.

I thought the Vita games were on flash cards like the 3DS games anyway? Can they not save your game file to the actual game card?

I recently bought a 32gig SD card for about half the price, if not a bit less than the 32gig Mem Card up there.

I thought the Vita games were on flash cards like the 3DS games anyway? Can they not save your game file to the actual game card?

I recently bought a 32gig SD card for about half the price, if not a bit less than the 32gig Mem Card up there.

Some do, but others require the memory card to be played, they won't even boot up if it isn't there. Here's a list of some of the ones requiring it;

Uncharted: Golden Abyss

Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention

@Field

Hot Shots Golf 6

Monster Radar

Dream Club Zero Portable

Ridge Racer

From; http://www.joystiq.com/2011/10/21/report-these-are-the-vita-games-that-require-a-memory-card/

Plus, ALL downloaded games require it.

Edited by Serebii

It's what could stop me buying one, I'd prefer a higher initial outlay then constantly overpriced accessories!

Not that I think the whole memory card thing isn't utterly stupid but it is a one off.

Personally it's my only letdown with the Vita (that comes to mind) so I'll probably still get one. A 4GB one should do for any of the PSN games.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if this lack of onboard memory on the games is short lived. My only surprise is that Uncharted needs one.

But yeah, in this day and age memory shouldn't be anywhere near that expensive.

First world problems.

We live in the first world, all our problems are first world problems.

No they aren't. First World Problems: "Problems from living in a wealthy, industrialized nation that third worlders would probably roll their eyes at." (Obviously some of those notions are a bit off; the 'third world' can quite as readily exist, and does, in "First World" cities.)

"I might lose my job", is not a FWP. "I don't want to get out of the shower because it's nice and warm", is a FWP. "It is pretty disgusting that Sony are FORCING this for games and thus are using their own format" is a FWP. "I can't afford to pay my heating bill this winter" is not a FWP.

Yes but we are discussing luxury items such as video games, so anything we discuss here, if it is a problem will be a first world problem. Vita has expensive memory cards. 3DS only has one analogue stick. Playing Skyward Sword is making my arms tired. Nearly everything in this forum is a first world problem.

Apologies for not setting the parameters to this thread and similar.

The memory card is probably expensive because of some anti-piracy measures or something...

Still it's not like you need a 32GB. 4GB is plenty to hold psn games, and even if you run out of space they have content management software for the pc, so you can just swap stuff on and off the card easily. Unless you want like 50 games on the card at all times. Absolutely minor problem in my eyes, especially if it comes with a memory card. Does it?