NEurope
Aneres11

PlayStation Vita Console Discussion

Out next year? That's going to be seriously damaging! With 3DS price cut and trong ore Xmas software, they're going to be extremely far behind. Looking forward to it though, the PSP just never worked for me, hated it. But this looks awesome!

As for Wii u replication, I'm with the moot point army. It's not about what is and isn't possible etc it's always about how it's implemented, the Wii u screen is completely embedded in the design philosophy of the machine, so all developers will use it. As a possible limited option for ps3/vita owners it just won't get used! Bt that'll be fine, Sony and ms will unveil their tablet controllers at next years e3 for their new machines

Since the random timing of hardware iterations and the eroding definition of what a 'new console' actually is, don't you think the handheld market has ceased to be head-to-head competition? Both companies have different strategies, and the systems' similarities are deteriorating, they're barely substitutes to each other anymore, feature wise.

It seems out of date to be assessing the release windows in that way, sure there is some sales cross-over but the times be a changing yo.

Edited by dwarf

True, I don't doubt Vita will be more successful than the PSP too. I just expected Vita and 3DS to be much closer in sales and this software. Like I said the PSP software (barring a handful) didn't really do it for me, would like to see some really exciting software for Vita. Plus it was more just an observation than a critical attack.

Still gutting though.

It can't be delayed if they never announced a release date, I expected it was next year but was quietly hoping for a Christmas release. Can't have everything :heh:

I think it was very strongly hinted that it was meant to be out the end of the year when it was revealed. I was in a GAME store only on wednesday and they had the signs up for it's pre-order due 'October 2011'.

They and others must have got the release window from somewhere! Unless they were just 'hoping'.

I was hoping as well, was going to consider asking for it as a xmas present! :heh:

Shops always have a place-holder date though, and every time it gets people's hopes up. I'm pretty confident at this stage that they do in fact get it from nowhere :p

Plus it was more just an observation than a critical attack.

I wasn't making a critical defence :blank:

Is it just me or is the Vita starting to really look like a must have handheld? Sure, the features of the thing are great, but the amount of games being announced for it is amazing and shows developers are really on board with the platform.

It already has a huge list of games that are coming our way, and now with TGS around the corner, another 18 are to be shown for the first time. Also, i'm not a fan of the game myself but the news of Persona 4 arriving on the platform is also a massive plus.

Is it just me or is the Vita starting to really look like a must have handheld? Sure, the features of the thing are great, but the amount of games being announced for it is amazing and shows developers are really on board with the platform.

It already has a huge list of games that are coming our way, and now with TGS around the corner, another 18 are to be shown for the first time. Also, i'm not a fan of the game myself but the news of Persona 4 arriving on the platform is also a massive plus.

I think I will definately be getting one (no doubt on launch), but I'm not sure if its going to be as good a 'handheld' experience as what Nintendo will be offering by the end of the year.

I say this because as good as the games look - a lot of them are home console experiences on a handheld. And in the past, this hasn't really worked.

I think that is part of the reason the original PSP didn't really rival the DS.

I personally would rather play the new unchartered on a TV screen with a controller.

Though, I hope it will surprise me and provide a great handheld experience too.

Lets face it, the Vita is without doubt powerful enough to provide a home console experience on a handheld. Just hope i'm not left wishing I had a control pad to play the games with!

No you're not. It's looking pretty fantastic so far, much more interesting than the PSP ever was to me!

Mind you though, half of the stuff we've seen probably won't be coming out until around 9-12 months after launch so I wouldn't hold too much stock in the lineup just yet.

I'll get the Vita like how I got my PSP...when I can get cfw on it.

MH3P is a god send thanks to cfw for letting me have an english patch.

I agree, it looks absolutely fantastic, a 10/10. It's the first games machine I've ever thought looked literally perfect. Graphics are as good as one could possibly want on a handheld at the moment, the screen is as big and high-res as is practical for one and there's no compromising with the controls. Every single button or stick you could want is there.

Unlike you, I'm actually more excited about the hardware than the games at the moment. I want a Vita, but I don't know which games to buy!

I'm gonna buy this for the same reason I bought a PSP like 3 times (and then sold it back to the store after I got bored): Wipeout. And shit, this time it'll even have gyroscopic controls, something that people say works really well with Wipeout HD on the PS3. Add Disgaea and FF: Tactics to the list, and you have something that amounts to at least a temporary purchace for me :heh:

I'm gonna buy this for the same reason I bought a PSP like 3 times (and then sold it back to the store after I got bored): Wipeout. And shit, this time it'll even have gyroscopic controls, something that people say works really well with Wipeout HD on the PS3. Add Disgaea and FF: Tactics to the list, and you have something that amounts to at least a temporary purchace for me :heh:

You on crack br0?

Shit, I haven't ever played it on PS3, but I remember watching the 1up show like three years ago, and they really seemed to think that the controls worked well once you acclimated to them. Either way, it's fuckin' Wipeout, can't wait to race while tranced out to some Chemical Bros.

Disgaea on Vita?

*Jizms*

Wait....on launch?? YEEESSSS. That settles it 100% then.

Edited by ReZourceman

Disgaea on Vita?

*Jizms*

It's Disgaea 3 with extra stuff.

Improvements over the PlayStation 3 original are planned, including the use of close-up character pictures, four new scenarios and two new characters. All the downloadable content from the PS3 version will be included.

*Multiple jizms*

I couldn't get into it because it feels more like a portable game to me. It felt wrong playing it on console. Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees.

Wait what? Disgaea is a launch game? Fuck me that's incredible. If it has online multiplayer, that shit's getting bought day one.

Exactly.

But it is a launch game right? I didn't misinterpret? Can someone competent (not me) check?

Day One it is then.

Yeah, me too, I just can't resist. I'm thinking of buying Uncharted, Disgaea and Wipeout. Quite honestly, if the web browser is up and running, that might be enough!

Unch, Disgaea and Super Star Dust for me. Which is insane. 3 basically must haves on Day 1? Amazing. Is there a release date?

Unch, Disgaea and Super Star Dust for me. Which is insane. 3 basically must haves on Day 1? Amazing. Is there a release date?

Not for us, no, only Japan. It'll be early 2011 in Europe, I'm sure.