NEurope
Aneres11

PlayStation Vita Console Discussion

I have to agree that the Vita is looking mighty impressive right now. Wasn't all too fussed awhile back but the whole 3DS launch fiasco has me now seriously considering getting a Vita when it launches because going off of that small list of confirmed titles that Grazza posted, there's several games there I'd happily buy and know I'll enjoy (Uncharted, LittleBigPlanet, Modnation, Sound Shapes (this looks ace) and it looks like there is strong third party support, which is something the 3DS is severely lacking at the moment.

I'm just hoping that things like the rear touch pad and the touch screen aren't shoehorned into the games unnecessarily. Obviously, I'll wait to see the final launch lineup but I think there'll be enough there one day 1 to justify my purchasing one.

If that list is accurate then for me it has to be Uncharted, Hot Shots Golf and Gravity Rush. Hot Shots Golf looks outstanding ( loved the PS3 version ) and it shows off alot of the cool features of the Vita aswell.

I think it looks great, hot shots golf will be a fun portable game for me. Golf is pretty much made to be portable imo, since it is split into holes. You can just take it out, do a few then put it back. Uncharted has amazing graphics, hard to believe it's a portable.

QAc8b.jpg

vafzu.jpg

zi9ou.jpg

Edited by heroicjanitor

I seen this on Gaf the other day and the apps on this thing are fantastic. It really shows how far behind the 3DS is in terms of features.

Stay constantly connected to your games and friends with amazing apps on PS Vita.

LiveArea Screens

livearea_wipeout.png

Each game on PS Vita will have its own LiveArea Screen, which is split into two zones. In the Info Zone you can find out about the latest downloadable content for the game you're playing, and see tournament events that are taking place. In the Communication Zone, see how your PlayStation Network friends are getting on through automatic status updates. You'll be able to see if they've earned a new trophy and leave comments for them, too. The LiveArea Screen is the best way to see what your friends are up to and let them know how well you're doing in your favourite PS Vita game.

Near

Near_Radar_LittleDeviants.JPG

Stay connected to all of your PlayStation Network friends and make new ones by sharing information about your location using Near. Press the Update button and find new people based on where you are, challenge them to games or play cooperatively and enjoy a completely unique gaming experience on PS Vita. You can even send and receive new levels, unlocks and in-game items to enhance the way you play - everywhere you go will hold new surprises.

You can view your friends' game preferences, see how many trophies they've earned and compare your stats to see who the better player is. Near will be pre-installed on your PS Vita.

Party

party-room.png

Fancy a chat while you're gaming? Speak with your friends anytime you like with Party. The voice and text chat application will also be pre-installed and allows you to talk to up to eight party members, no matter what you're doing. Tell them about the game you're playing, what you're looking at online or hatch plans in multiplayer matches.

Your friends can even invite their own friends to join in the fun, so you'll meet more new people who love PS Vita as much as you do. Join an existing Party and see what everyone else is up to, or create your own and see who fancies a chat. Make sure you save your favourite Parties so you can head back there at any time.

Friends List and Profile

FriendList_gamescom.JPG

In your profile you can share information about yourself. Choose an avatar that represents you best, add your friends and let the world see your gaming and trophy stats.

Your Friends List will allow you to search for and add new friends, and accept requests sent to you.

Click on a friend's profile to see what game they are playing on either PS Vita or PlayStation 3. You can join their game, take a look at what you've played together recently or compare your trophy collections. You can also see your friend's recent activity, check out if they've been to any Parties and view their Near profile.

Trophies

Trophy_gamescom_02.png

PS Vita games will support trophies so you can show your friends what you've achieved in all of the great games on PS Vita and on PS3. Click on one of your friends' profiles to see how they've been getting on, and compare all of your trophies to see who the better player is. Has your friend got more trophies than you? Keep playing until you have the most.

PSN Message

gpmsg-messages.png

Another great way to contact your PlayStation Network friends is through PSN Message. Send them an update or even a picture you've taken with your PS Vita to let them know what's going on.

I don't find Vita interesting..

..there, I said it! ::shrug:

What don't you like about it?

I think it looks ridiculously amazing.

I don't find Vita interesting..

..there, I said it! ::shrug:

Do you not like hardware with flawless graphical capabilities, endless control options, innovative software, cutting edge online facilities and a sleek and stylish design?

Don't mind nando. He cares very little for Little King's Story and Monster Hunter. His opinion about anything related to gaming are invalid. :D

Dude, Nando's favourite fps is Goldeneye. Ain't shit that he can say that anyone should pay heed to :heh:.

I had a ridiculously wahjah dream about playing Wipeout last night. Might have something to do with my having watched about 20 minutes of footage from Wipeout 3 for old times sake, just before I went to bed =p.

Has the PSV Uncharted game improved immensely since the rather rubbish E3 demo?

If not, I have zero interest in the console.

What was rubbish about it? It was a surprisingly good demo as far as I could see.

I thought it looked a bit clunky and uninspired myself. Seemed to have the same barebones mechanics/look of Drake's Fortune.

Yeah, there wasn't much going on but I suspect that's because it was probably more showing off how the Vita would work as opposed to Uncharted.

But it would've been in development for a long time before now seeing as it launches so soon, I'd be surprised if it wasn't ripped from an actual segment of le final game. Either way I'm not sold by a handheld Uncharted. System has mahoosive potential with the right software though.

Yeah I'm not exactly shitting bricks over Uncharted GA, but I'm obviously going to get it, basically for shits and giggles/Uncharted story fill in. :)

The Vita to me does seem like an impressive piece of kit technologically, despite the crazyass pointless back-touch control. The thing that's holding me off getting one is the game lineup. Nothing in it appeals to me at the moment. I hope this changes but still, until then...

Last two, no. I've played Uncharted and found it massively over-rated

That hurt. :laughing:

The second one

...that's, just...unbelievable. :woops:

What didn't you like?

You have never played Uncharted, Super Star Dust or Disgaea, have you? :p

I have no idea what SSD is, but Disegea is just a JRPG, right?

Also: Serebii. You're as wrong about Uncharted 2 as I am about Pokémon (from your perspective).

I don't think it's so much the lack of games, it's more that the majority simply don't appeal to me.