NEurope
Aneres11

PlayStation Vita Console Discussion

We'll see. Technically PSP are not designed for multiple users either. After the whole hacking mess they were never going to give the freedom we got with the PS3 again.

I would imagine its a hassle but people will find ways to make it abit easier. My guess is seperate memory cards.

I don't think this has anything at all to do with the hacking! Where is the link that being able to have multiple users on a PS3 has been exploited for hacking? I can understand the removal of the linux install and extra password precautions but not being able to have more than one person have a legitimate account on the console....surely even you realize your defense here is weak if thats your reasoning.

My view behind it is a form of controlling content by effectively region locking a console to a psn region unless your willing to factory format everytime. Also you could say they are forcing people who want their own account and purchasing options to buy a second console.

I wouldn't be half as frustrated if they hadn't bigged up how the Vita was the next gen of handhelds and could offer things even the PS3 couldn't do hell I wouldn't expect this from Nintendo but Sony are really pushing the whole luxury handheld console angle so let its truly be that.

Edited by flameboy

Ofcourse it does. We are getting restrictions on the ps3 already

about how many copies of games you can share on other consoles....not about how many users you can have set up.

2 from now on. If you had 5 with previous stuff they will be active provided you dont deactivate.

Its been a headache for some dlc as well recently.

We wont really know about the vita till we get our hands on it. Sony say alot of things.

2 from now on. If you had 5 with previous stuff they will be active provided you dont deactivate.

Its been a headache for some dlc as well recently.

We wont really know about the vita till we get our hands on it. Sony say alot of things.

Thats only if you wanna share the content though....what if you actually want two seperate accounts...I have a UK and a Canadian one on my PS3 none of the content is shared. I had hoped to be able a do that on Vita.

I don't really understand how much people are going to be using other PSN tags. If you really are fussed, and when it comes to it I really doubt that many are, all you need is another memory card. 4Gb would suffice.

I obviously have to come in and say yes I was wrong about totally doubting the 1 memory card per user...dickish move unless there is a tech reason for it but I think we all know its a money spinner.

I obviously have to come in and say yes I was wrong about totally doubting the 1 memory card per user...dickish move unless there is a tech reason for it but I think we all know its a money spinner.

The new proprietary memory cards probably have more advanced copy protection. After what happened to the PSP; Sony are going to make sure they don't make the same mistake twice.

Also $$$!

Sounds ok. The memory cards will fall in price over time. Cheapo SD cards were always going to be horrible with their poor speeds.

Hopefully Sony plan better for their OS this time and are able integrate features properly unlike the PS3 ;)

Sounds ok. The memory cards will fall in price over time. Cheapo SD cards were always going to be horrible with their poor speeds.

Hopefully Sony plan better for their OS this time and are able integrate features properly unlike the PS3 ;)

Will this not be a problem when the likes of Sandisk use cheaper parts to make their versions of vita memory cards? Also how'd you mean about the OS like where there is memory issue that means cross game chat will never work cos of memory leaks with older games not being optimized etc.

well that is good that its only memory card linked

as for the PSN US/UK debate

please

the NTSC psn's had

hUK / PAL

US /NTSC

Look at the dates on that list, and the games there is a huge difference in the PSone classics and thats what i've had a problem with. in 2009 they got Resident evil 2 and 3 (nov and dec). We got Resident Evil 1 in march 2011, we haven't got the rest yet and probably never will.

Similar happened with Final Fantasy games and Metal Gear Solid

when you compare the PAL region to the NTSC-J region its even worse

I remember getting my psp and eventually creating eboots for FF7, Chrono Cross, Blood Omen, Soul Reaver, MGS, that was all in 2006/7. Most of those games aren't released officially yet in the PAL region, some have only just been released (chrono cross in the NTSC psn) and the psp is dead now. To say sony have been slow is an understatement

I'm glad that they are "opening" it up so you can have more than one account, so again i can keep a NTSC psn account so i can actually get games.

they should have released some PC software to rip psone games to your PSP, linked to your account and charged a monthly fee, it would have been faster and better.

They have sort of done that with the PSP games for PSV.

Hacking has never been sony's enemy despite their claims, hacking was a result of their ineptitude and complete lack of delivery of their promises. why advertise you will release psone games for the psp, then take so long doing so it makes from scratch development time look positively quick. The fact a simple program made by users for the pc to rip and convert games to eboot in less than an hour shows sony up massively, because you know they didn't do anything too dismilar.

Yes i know they have to get liscence agreements etc, but they could do that far quicker

anyway, its all good news for me

The first unit outside of Sony walls has been lost by Deadmau5

Imagine getting in a cab and finding that thing sitting there..

Update: Deadmau5 now says it was never lost, he only pretended it was "to see how much management would freak out over it."

Update: Deadmau5 now says it was never lost, he only pretended it was "to see how much management would freak out over it."

So...he just got it back and is pretending it never happened?

That was instantly my thought.

Apparently he did it to troll management.

I don't get it either.

I do want that Vita he's got though; a dev/test unit that has an HDMI port on it.

Some images of UC taken using the Vita screen capture software.

20111217214528.jpg

20111217214424.jpg

20111217214313.jpg

20111217051401.jpg

Not quite upto the standards of UC1 but still impressive.

I imagine that looks fucking beautiful on the actual PS Vita screen, but it looks like shit on my laptop screen heh.

PSP mode has already been somewhat compromised on the Vita, which isn't all too surprising really as the DS mode on the 3DS was passed by a simple firmware update on DSi compatible flashcards.

But it looks like one of the stupid decisions some of us called Sony out on turns out to be the weakness hackers are looking for: hacking the device through save data on the memory card. This wouldn't be much of a problem if they didn't have the retarded idea of requiring a memory card for saves rather than saving it onto the cartridge like a normal cartridge based game =\

Screenshots of sickeningly horrible image quality.

Taking screenshots as an OS-level feature would be absolutely igneous, if the image quality wasn't this nauseating. The compression in these images is so overdone that they make a rather beautiful game look bad.

Hopefully these were either compressed by whoever transferred them from the Vita to the PC, or if they are indeed "vanilla" screenshots of the Vita, there is a way to take shots with less compression.

Edit: Ok, it looks like it's not so much a compression issue with the screenshot feature, as an issue with the game running in a non-native resolution.

These are Mahjong Fight Club screens and they look fine. These are more UC:GA shots and they look just as unattractive.

Seems the game runs at a resolution lower than the Vita's 960x544 pixel. On the system's 5'' screen it'll probably look just fine. On my computer screen an image with that resolution has almost a 12'' diagonal, so that makes it look a lot worse than it is. :heh:

Edited by Burny