NEurope
Aneres11

PlayStation Vita Console Discussion

I've never known why people like to take sides with consoles and handhelds. 3DS will have brilliant games. Vita will have brilliant games. Both will be well worth owning.

having two successful hand-held's drives competition between the two increasing quality between the games on each and driving down prices (in theory)

I feel exactly the same as you, nothing is appealing to me, apart from FFX but i can just put that in my PS3 so...

And yeah uncharted, played it at my mates, watched him play the second and just thought MEH tomb raider clone. I'm still planning on buying them for my PS3 when i get round to it, they just aren't "must have games" for me.

Dy'wanna slap boy?

Jkz.

But....yeah. Uncharted 2 is the best game of all time, it has everything....everything you could possibly want from an epic OTT adventure game. The opening level is you hanging off of a train in a snow filled world, climbing up it on your way to safety. If you just saw a random "jumping up a building" or whatever bit, then I can understand "not getting it", but the controls are amazing, and there really is rarely a dull moment....so actually I take it back, I cannot understand "not getting it". :p

Same here, wish i'd not wasted so much buying everything for it, played it for a few weeks then i haven't since

Are there really that many games that you play after a few weeks though? I think Stardust is great, it has a great arcade feel and is a very fun pick up and play game.

SSHD is beautiful. The trophies in that game are stunning. I still remember getting the Late Bloomer one. A highlight in my gaming history.

Zen gaming at its purest.

having two successful hand-held's drives competition between the two increasing quality between the games on each and driving down prices (in theory)

I think Nintendo made alot of missteps on the 3DS but they will release good games as always. I'll be getting one as usual. Not a fan of the addon but where else can i get Nintendo games? Vita wont have Mario.

I agree with Choze.

*Faints*

But yes. Lol. Daft came round my house the other day. I asked him to do the Late Boomer trophy and I was met with laughter.

It hasn't happy laughter, it was the laughter of trauma. Beautiful trauma.

I'll give it a go next time. I wish there were more trophies.

But the new one will have trophies! Trophies on the go!

I am actually......geez. I am god damn pumped about the Vita now. Do we have a release date? Wanna pre-order this shit up.

I am actually......geez. I am god damn pumped about the Vita now. Do we have a release date? Wanna pre-order this shit up.

No date yet just early 2012. Places taking preorders though.

Buying Vita for trophies is silly. :nono: Dont be a trophy addict.

I would say the online features are insane though. Its like the best of steam, Live, PSN with tons of new stuff and multi tasking apps. :D Glimpse into the future.

Buying Vita for trophies is silly. :nono: Dont be a trophy addict.

I would say the online features are insane though. Its like the best of steam, Live, PSN with tons of new stuff and multi tasking apps. :D Glimpse into the future.

Very true. I do genuinely feel this has the potential to go above and beyond anything any console currently offers.

With regards to my '3DS is already dead comment', I wasn't being serious.

going by the recent Japan sales (they're actually up this week for 3DS HW), maybe the 3DS will ascend to heaven after all.

I've sold my 3DS now, as I never use it.

Hopefully Vita is worth the money.

Edited by The Lillster

Defintely getting this although may hold off a couple of months and wait and see if other companies bring out the stupid propeitary memory cards as not paying premium price for them. or failing that wait for the inevitable micro sd adaptor.

I'm holding off until I get a list of launch titles and hopefully in time for some crafty Chinese buggers to make an micro sd adaptor that works on it.

I'm holding off until I get a list of launch titles and hopefully in time for some crafty Chinese buggers to make an micro sd adaptor that works on it.

nice to see someone else subscribing to the same train of thought!

I don't really understand why some games rely on a memory card. Requiring extra storage for DLC is fair enough, but not being able to free up a couple of MBs for actual saves? That strikes me as something that should be handled by Sony's TRC.

I don't really understand why some games rely on a memory card. Requiring extra storage for DLC is fair enough, but not being able to free up a couple of MBs for actual saves? That strikes me as something that should be handled by Sony's TRC.

Looking at how expensive the card are, it really seems like this choice was made by Sony so you have to buy one. But that theory doesn't add up with how some titles don't require a memory stick.

I can't recall any cartridge based game that requires an additional memory card aside from optional features (3DS game streepass data).

Looking at how expensive the card are, it really seems like this choice was made by Sony so you have to buy one. But that theory doesn't add up with how some titles don't require a memory stick.

I can't recall any cartridge based game that requires an additional memory card aside from optional features (3DS game streepass data).

Personally I think they are selling the console itself at either a lose or not a larger profit and this represents an opportunity to make some money back, so it's a clear choice they have made. Otherwise why create their own overpriced new memory cards...using Memory Duo Pro's (or whatever the hell they were called) from the PSP would have made sense as would have meant being to just plug in and play existing PSP games/Minis without having to transfer them or redownload them.

Not sure its been said here yet but you will need a memory card to save your game for Uncharted.

....Even though it's on a cartridge??

Gold clap for whoever decided on this bullshit.

So it would cost me £287.85 for Uncharted (That's for a 4GB memory card, too. £30 more for a 16GB).

This made my Monday :hug:

During a PS Vita Press Conference on Friday, Sony Computer Entertainment Taiwan announced the PS Vita will launch in Taiwan on December 23, at the conference SCET's new spokeswoman Rainie Yang, a well known celebrity in Taiwan, came out and spoke to the media. At the stage when asked about her favorite PlayStation game, Rainie claimed that her favorite is Nintendo's "Super Mario Bros" - a game that never appeared on PS platforms.

Her answer wowed the crowd at the press confernece, aware that something went wrong, she started posing to the media to divert the attention. However when she started holding the PS Vita on her hand, she held it upside down, and of course she wowed the media again with her reckless behavior! It seems she is either clueless on video games, or she hates Sony.

rainie.jpg