N-Europe

It's Christmassss!

nightwolf

Well ok it's like a week away!

I realised I freaking love christmas, I love seeing my family, having christmas dinner, the presents, the lights, the snow, the songs, the wrapping, everything.

It's awesome.

So go on you grinches, do you like anything about christmas? Is it all about the food? Maybe you're after a shiny somethin' somethin'! Or maybeee you plan to sing christmas songs continuously and loud in your car - like me!

:santa:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the wrapping,
Word! :santa:

Yeah I love Christmas, the dinner, the tree, the presents, time with family, staying in/up late watching Chirstmas movies, The Santa Claus etc...

Taking the dog for a family walk on Christmas Day, hopefully in the snow! :D

Can't put presents under the tree too early though, or the dog unwraps them all!

The music does start to suck pretty quickly though! :p Mariah Carey, yeah ok... That Paul McCartney one :nono:

Edited by Retro_Link

I love Christmas... for the simple reason that it's a day where I don't have to leave the house or feel obligated to go anywhere, the whole family just gets to share the day together - or most of it - the food is always nice and there's plenty of Christmas spirit(s) - usually Vodka, Rum, Cointreau... - *cough* and it's... just... nice. :D

Think I've grown cynical about christmas as I've gotten older as I don't really feel excited for it anymore, or at least I don't really this year. I blame the miserable bunch I call my family for that. Never been a christmas where there hasn't been an argument/someone storming out. Just wouldn't be christmas in my household without it but it just makes it something you'd rather not sit through again. I hope there's alcohol on tap next week cause if not, it's going to be a bumpy xmas for me at least.

There's that and also the fact that I'm not getting anything from my parents this year. ::shrug:

Oh well, I've finished Uni for the semester so I can start to relax and try and get into the christmas spirit. Enjoy going out christmas shopping for stuff for my nephew as it gives me an excuse to mess about with all the toys in stores. That's probably what I enjoy about christmas now, having my nephew come over and seeing him get all caught up in the experience. Brings a smile to your face :santa:

I think as I've grown up I've started to appreciate Christmas differently. I really enjoy buying gifts for people, I like seeing their faces or hearing about the reaction to presents I've bought them.

I also enjoy the art form of present wrapping. I tend to hide myself in my room, put some Christmas tunes on and then wrap all my presents in one sitting.

I also love the family traditions, boiled egg breakfast, christmas lunch, afternoon walk then movie.

I don't feel much like Christmas yet because I'm still stressed about school haha. Have school up to the 24th, which is a bit annoying. But yeah, it's all about Christmas Eve here, love it.

I love it for the food, being together, the candles and lights, the drinks, the warmth, the decorations, the gift-giving etc. Just a nice evening.

And then Christmas day we just relax and enjoy our presents and leftover food. Whoo. =)

And then I'll be doing it all over again when I go to see Jim. Two Christmasses, hooray!

Chrismas is a time for giving and receiving rubbish gifts, drinking in the early afternoon (ok not novel for me), arguing over monopoly and spending hours and hours on the cooking only to have forgotten the yorkshire puds.

Last year I spent it alone (and had a rather good time - would've been better if I hadn't forgotten the yorkshire puds. Three christmases before that I was in charge of cooking the xmas dinner. This year I'm going to Bournemouth, so again it'll be a wholely new christmas experience. It'll be my first christmas with 'kids' around since I was a kid myself - only a 2-month old baby but still what christmas means to me is going to change in focus from now.

Christmas serves its duty well - brightens up a generally depressing time of year.

I love Christmas! This year, I decorated the tree by myself and my family loved it and, I must say, it looks pretty awesome but the best part for me, apart from the family and the dinner is wrapping up presents. I have no idea where this has came from but I love wrapping. I even offered to wrap my family's presents up. I can't wait for Christmas Day though.

Muppets Christmas Carol, then Wii Fit, then family, then dinner, then singing/rapping on the mic and having a right laugh. It's gonna be awesome!

R_A - I'm extremely jealous, I've had ''a bunny rabbit'' on my list since I was like 5!

Haha yeah I never expected it. Never even asked for a cat because its really a lot for everyone to take on (at kitten age for sure!) as it needs lots of attention and things like that. I nearly dropped when they told me... and apparently they were all keeping it a secret for ages and were dying to tell me!! What a cruel family hahah!

I love Christmas, we always have a fairly full house every Christmas with most of my Filipino cousins who live in Dublin coming down to spend Christmas in my mothers house. Love the family christmas breakfasts and of course the Dinner. Oh and a gift exchanging too :D

This year is set to be the biggest I reckon with about 18 adults (maybe a few more) and like 9 children (5 of which are infants and the others 1, 2, 3, 6 and 7 years old) I think.

I'm just hoping the snow doesn't mess up the roads between here and Dublin on Christmas Eve so they can all make it down here. So far there's no snow where we are, but I'm told they have a little in Dublin at the moment... nothing major yet. Hopefully it doesn;t get worse before Friday

What I like about Christmas is that is allows people to stop focusing on all these different things (like work, for example) and just focus on spending time with each other. Even if all you do is sit down together and have a meal or watch a film, it's nice to do that.

I also love seeing the lights and decorations around the town/city, particularly in the centre. I have so many great memories of shopping with people, seeing these lights glisten in the dark and seeing the streets busy. I like that. There's a definite atmosphere and it's mostly positive.

Christmas is way too commercial, its all about presents and gifts. People forget about its origins but at least it is going to be a White Christmas!

I believe it started off as a festival where people stuffed themselves with food and got really drunk. Then Christianity came along.

Anyway, my Christmas will be with my Mum's side of the family, as it's what I do every year.

I love Christmas, we always have a fairly full house every Christmas with most of my Filipino cousins who live in Dublin coming down to spend Christmas in my mothers house. Love the family christmas breakfasts and of course the Dinner. Oh and a gift exchanging too :D

This year is set to be the biggest I reckon with about 18 adults (maybe a few more) and like 9 children (5 of which are infants and the others 1, 2, 3, 6 and 7 years old) I think.

I'm just hoping the snow doesn't mess up the roads between here and Dublin on Christmas Eve so they can all make it down here. So far there's no snow where we are, but I'm told they have a little in Dublin at the moment... nothing major yet. Hopefully it doesn;t get worse before Friday

That sounds really cool! I love Christmas, my family never go out on Christmas day, probably never will, I love how I can crack open the chocolates and alcohol at like 9am and noone cares. :santa:

When do you lovely lot open your presents?

For me it was always my older sister waking me up at 7am and we'd go down and arrange the presents in who is for who (something I now have to do by myself :() wait for my mum to get ready as she takes ages and opening them at like 10am!

Oh the waiting, the utter horror!