N-Europe

bad stuff thread.

tapedeck

I saw my interview rival down town earlier. Lul. I said "Alright man" or something, and was about to say "Good Luck" but I decided not to.....didn't want to get into some kind of awkward conversation.

FFS. Claire is such a fucking unbelievable chicken shit.

She gets paid somewhere in the region of £14,500 ish. She has worked there for 4 years. There was a job going there the other day that they put up - her job, just in a different department (if anything...less technical) and its started wage was £17,000. She is too scared/refuses to ask for a pay rise. She has an appraisal tomorrow, and as I have been doing so for two years, I told her to ask for a pay rise and to bring up that the same job was offered starting on 2.5K more than what she is on after four fucking years.

But she refuses to because "her old manager tried/couldn't" and that "If I get one, other people will need to get one and it won't happen". Told her to stop being so stupid, but she is mental. Any advice? I've tried all I can to persuade her. So fucking stupid. Just makes moving out a bit of a pipe dream if half the partnership is on such a disgustingly low wage.

Take out a loan and buy a sports car. Then she'll have to ask for a pay rise to keep up with the loan payments.

Seriously, sports cars solve all women based problems.

..and this is why feminists get annoyed because men get paid more, it's actually because men are more willing to ask for pay rises.

She just needs to suck it up, really pushing her will make it worse, if she wants that money, she needs to get the balls to ask for it.

Had a good amount of sleep, but I'm still pretty tired, least I don't feel like my limbs are falling off today, :P

I've buggered my knee, and my shoulder is still fucked. >_> My personal trainer is at me to leave the good gym i'm at to go to one that's more designed for "men trying to body build" as he put it. Er should I take that as an insult or a compliment... Not sure I want to be surrounded by nothing but steroid junkies.. But I do need a personal trainer... they keep me in line...

And I had a pure bollox weekend with one thing and another my head was a bit of a train wreck, so as I do in times of stress, I absent-mindedly ate chocolate/junk food... which cause a half pound weight gain this week. Gah. Not what I need. Birthday weekend coming up and I'll not be counting points then.... no way in hell. What comes on the scales may come on the scales :)

@rez - she really needs to have the confidence to ask herself, you can't make her or convince her if she doesn't want to...

But she refuses to because "her old manager tried/couldn't" and that "If I get one, other people will need to get one and it won't happen". Told her to stop being so stupid, but she is mental. Any advice? I've tried all I can to persuade her. So fucking stupid. Just makes moving out a bit of a pipe dream if half the partnership is on such a disgustingly low wage.

I think you should call her stupid some more. The more swearing the better : peace:

Just point out that there's no harm in asking. You don't ask you don't get. It's not like they will fire her for asking for a pay rise. If she's a good worker they might even be worried she's looking at other jobs and give her the raise.

Thats exactly what I've told her. She retorts with a range of things including "When you start asking for a pay rise, you risk getting fired" or words to that effect. Anyway, she won't do it.

-------------

Ugh. I should get a phone call today. I am scared. :(

It is nearly 10AM, and no phone call.

Edited by ReZourceman

That ... like ... doesn't make any sense from a logical viewpoint. :blank:

Sure it does. If you're asking for a payrise, they have to pay more money, and they might think "We can just find someone who will work for less!". I think that's her logic behind the "risk getting fired". That they'll just get someone who will work for less than you're willing to. I guess.

Sure it does. If you're asking for a payrise, they have to pay more money, and they might think "We can just find someone who will work for less!". I think that's her logic behind the "risk getting fired". That they'll just get someone who will work for less than you're willing to. I guess.

But then they could just refuse her rise and see if she won't stay anyway. If not, then they can get someone else. There's no reason for them to actively fire her.

But then they could just refuse her rise and see if she won't stay anyway. If not, then they can get someone else. There's no reason for them to actively fire her.

But then she might think they'll always look at her funny and keep in the back of their heads that "she's that girl who is not happy enough with her pay, tssk". =P

Just saying what I think might be her reasoning, no clue whether that is really the reason or not.

But then she might think they'll always look at her funny and keep in the back of their heads that "she's that girl who is not happy enough with her pay, tssk". =P

Just saying what I think might be her reasoning, no clue whether that is really the reason or not.

I think you're right, but I also don't think it's the angle she should be looking at it from. If she's a good employee, they're most likely more interested in keeping her than saving money.

This could probably go in good or bad thread -

Had a call back - didn't get the job. The agent guy said that there were four guys up for interview (so I guess they must have done two sessions or groups of initial tests...as there were only two or three REMOTELY competent gents including myself), anyway and that I came second. Smashed the interview and tests apparently.

However

Can't remember if I actually mentioned this, but there is a position opening up next week (Ish time I think) in the Customer Services Team. Very similar role, but 1K less money. My agent guy said "They think you're the man for the job", but said they may need to interview me again (EEeek! ~ just because I already smashed them once, don't really know how much I could expand on again!) but that....I....should....possibly....sort of...be a lock in.

So I don't know really. But he said I'd hear back Tuesday or Wednesday, when the guy who has to sign it off will be back or something. So....lifeline potential win.

Then if I don't get that one, then I will just....die or whatever.

Just found out my sisters cat has been killed by a car, feeling really bad for her as she'd grown very attached to it as you do.

It had been missing since Monday and the worst part was that my two year old niece kept asking what she had done to make him run away, thinking it was her fault.

Aww :(, I hope she'll be ok!

I heard some ringing at the door at 2pm, answered, noone was there, thought nothing of it then got it again.

There's a bloody man downstairs asking about the shower and the boiler, neither of which I know anything about, seems my landlady spoke to my housemate about this guy coming over today, but never informed me, which is fucking rude given she knows full well I work nights.

So now, I've had an hours sleep after a long shift, he won't be leaving for another hour and as such I have to stay awake and from there I have to get up about 7pm.

Fuuuuuu- and he's not exactly being fucking quiet either...why?!?!?!?!

I was meant to be moving either yesterday, today or tomorrow.

It looks like it will be tomorrow.

So that was 2 days holiday I used wasted.

Although I say wasted I have spent a lot of time listening to music, catching up on TV and working.

So... yay holiday!

This could probably go in good or bad thread -

Had a call back - didn't get the job. The agent guy said that there were four guys up for interview (so I guess they must have done two sessions or groups of initial tests...as there were only two or three REMOTELY competent gents including myself), anyway and that I came second. Smashed the interview and tests apparently.

However

Can't remember if I actually mentioned this, but there is a position opening up next week (Ish time I think) in the Customer Services Team. Very similar role, but 1K less money. My agent guy said "They think you're the man for the job", but said they may need to interview me again (EEeek! ~ just because I already smashed them once, don't really know how much I could expand on again!) but that....I....should....possibly....sort of...be a lock in.

So I don't know really. But he said I'd hear back Tuesday or Wednesday, when the guy who has to sign it off will be back or something. So....lifeline potential win.

Just had another call back from my agent. Customer Services are looking at my C.V. right now apparently, so I may possibly hear something this week.

He said it may be as simple as going in (some kind of small interview) to see if we like each other (lulz) and then it would be a done deal.

Sounds very promising but not definitveeeee just yet, so I will remain on tender-books for the time being. Gooood I think though. Gah. Just....yeah. Hope....

ALL WILL BE WELL

Blue_Lantern_Corps_Crest.jpg