N-Europe

bad stuff thread.

tapedeck

My parents bought a new HD television because suddenly the old one was too small. And then they moved the old one into the other room, so now they have an HD TV each, while I'm still stuck playing HD games on an old SD television. :sad:

A stupid thing to complain about, sure, but at least now people's other bad stuff will look less silly next to ReZ's tale of death and despair.

My parents bought a new HD television because suddenly the old one was too small. And then they moved the old one into the other room, so now they have an HD TV each, while I'm still stuck playing HD games on an old SD television. :sad:

A stupid thing to complain about, sure, but at least now people's other bad stuff will look less silly next to ReZ's tale of death and despair.

Haha, I actually was grumbling about this the other day, my dad won a free tele and they kept mentioning I should have it, then they changed their minds, I've got an alright tv but was thinking of trading it in and replacing it with a new one anyway, but it sucks that they promised and then never handed it over.

Grr :p

I've lost my save for FF12 and I was up to the final part ready to go for final boss but never got around to it. Not going to do it all again but no idea where the save has gone on my harddrive. Sad nerdy times :(

There are save files on GameFAQs. Might be worth checking out if you just want to finish the game. :smile:

Haha, I actually was grumbling about this the other day, my dad won a free tele and they kept mentioning I should have it, then they changed their minds, I've got an alright tv but was thinking of trading it in and replacing it with a new one anyway, but it sucks that they promised and then never handed it over.

Grr :p

Haha, at least my parents never promised me anything. I know I shouldn't complain about how they spend their money, but they're not even watching HD channels! Everything just looks washed out. I'd put that TV to much better use. :p

Well I just had a massive heart fart :P

felt like one of my ventricals were fibrillating, went all light headed and panicked like a bitch >_> sad martins

Dammit man, I do worry about this. Keep pestering your doctor, you know there's something amiss in there no matter what the EKG said.

Weird smell in my car, open bonnet, little bit of smoke (and I mean little). Looks like I've got a leak of some kind. Which means I've gone in to full blown worry mode.

Can't afford to take it any where also need the car Sunday. Shit.

Edit- Just noticed I pre-ordered the latest Pokémon movie dvd a few months back and it's just been posted. Sent me very close to my over draft. (I blame canand!)

Edited by Ramar

Feeling quite a bit stressed with all this new uni stuff. I'm sure I just need to get past the chaotic beginning and get into a rhythm, but right now I'm like: "Fffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-"

Friends will get you through! Meet as many interesting people as possible! Everyone has the same concerns and things to do (sign up, find classes, organise things, etc.). It's not to say that you should use people, but pooling information and doing things together is naturally more fun! :) Wishing you a good start to your uni career!

Hai uni library, stealing ur internets rn; my router came today, but the download speed is horrifically slow. Maybe it's because my proof of address and ID haven't been processed yet?

ESB (electricity) is taking €300 from me as a deposit :( Have to pay for broadband myself too...my dad promised to help me out, but it's still difficult to save to fulfil some majestic plans in the near future while living on wages from over a year ago! Bawwwwww first world problems~

Edited by EddieColeslaw
Automerged Doublepost

So I almost killed myself today!

I was driving home and glanced down and noticed my lights were on so I turned them off. As soon as I looked back up I was on the wrong side of the road and a lorry was headed right for me. Yeay for evasive maneuvers!

Awesome. Still picking me up Saturday?

Edited by gaggle64

Just had one of those scam calls saying there's something wrong with my computer and they needed details from it. Decided to go with the "but I don't have a computer" technique for a change. The guy just started listing my address so I got angry and went with my usual technique of saying I know it's a scam, swearing a lot then hanging up. Bloody guy actually bothered to ring me back up asking how could I know it was a scam if I didn't have a computer, how could I not have a computer if I lived in the uk and then decided to tell me I knew nothing about computers. Let's just say after that there was a lot more swearing and shouting on my end. Turns out I really can't keep my cool with these people!

Just had one of those scam calls saying there's something wrong with my computer and they needed details from it. Decided to go with the "but I don't have a computer" technique for a change. The guy just started listing my address so I got angry and went with my usual technique of saying I know it's a scam, swearing a lot then hanging up. Bloody guy actually bothered to ring me back up asking how could I know it was a scam if I didn't have a computer, how could I not have a computer if I lived in the uk and then decided to tell me I knew nothing about computers. Let's just say after that there was a lot more swearing and shouting on my end. Turns out I really can't keep my cool with these people!

I still prefer the method of asking them to hold, then never come back. It's annoying for them and it prevents them from calling other people for a while. Either that, or tell them that you're doing everything they say, but actually do fuck all. I'm guessing you'll need some bogus IP addresses handy or something.

Neighbours cat got ran over. I don't particularly like the neighbour or cats in general (although I don't mind them), but it still bothers me. I don't like any animals being run over. Disease and death by old age doesn't bother me as it's pretty much unavoidable, but being run over by a car is avoidable. Just makes me wish the car was a minute or so later or the animal had taken a different path. So many variables that could have been different.

I still prefer the method of asking them to hold, then never come back. It's annoying for them and it prevents them from calling other people for a while. Either that, or tell them that you're doing everything they say, but actually do fuck all. I'm guessing you'll need some bogus IP addresses handy or something.

Unfortunately I think it's best not to go too far with them, they start reading out your address and stuff and I refuse to confirm stuff like that with them.

Unfortunately I think it's best not to go too far with them, they start reading out your address and stuff and I refuse to confirm stuff like that with them.

Well I'd probably use fake addresses too. Iunno. Never had them call here luckily.

Neighbours cat got ran over. I don't particularly like the neighbour or cats in general (although I don't mind them), but it still bothers me. I don't like any animals being run over. Disease and death by old age doesn't bother me as it's pretty much unavoidable, but being run over by a car is avoidable. Just makes me wish the car was a minute or so later or the animal had taken a different path. So many variables that could have been different.

I just go along with it for as long as possible with fake details or whatever. Or I would rather. I've never had any scam calls. Very nice gentleman from Nigeria called me a few weeks ago about my bank account, but yeah never had any actual scam calls.

If it happens to me I'll ask them to hold while I get my twin brother, Marcel. Marcel is french.

"allooo? Jess! Vwee haff ze addresh! Non? C'est important? DEUX mont perier drive nao. Oui. Non. Oui. MON PERE! GARCON! SACRE BLEU! ZE TROOPS ARE ACHT ZE WINDOOU!"

And just ad lib from there.

If it happens to me I'll ask them to hold while I get my twin brother, Marcel. Marcel is french.

"allooo? Jess! Vwee haff ze addresh! Non? C'est important? DEUX mont perier drive nao. Oui. Non. Oui. MON PERE! GARCON! SACRE BLEU! ZE TROOPS ARE ACHT ZE WINDOOU!"

And just ad lib from there.

Weird smell in my car, open bonnet, little bit of smoke (and I mean little). Looks like I've got a leak of some kind. Which means I've gone in to full blown worry mode.

Can't afford to take it any where also need the car Sunday. Shit.

Edit- Just noticed I pre-ordered the latest Pokémon movie dvd a few months back and it's just been posted. Sent me very close to my over draft. (I blame canand!)

Did it smell like a burny almost rubbish type smell?

Was the smoke a clear type smoke?

If yes to both then it is possible that you just burnt your clutch a little bit - which wont mean there is anything wrong as long as the clutch is still working. I did it myself last year.

Taken from an enquiry over a remark over a mark on my head...

"Since the contaminated sand bins are 110% full IE overflowing, Tracy said the collection company would only come out if there were 4 full bins. As you know we have two, they've ordered two more but needed a third at that moment to compensat...e for the sand left outside on the floor. I was sent to Wilkos to obtain such third bin. Finding two varieties I inspected both of them, they were on a very high shelf guarded by a rail. I managed to get them off and inspect them one-by-one. After the second bin I attempted to put it back (and succeeded), but in the process knocked a giant circle "NEW" sign from its hooks on the ceiling which struck my forehead. I expected a nice lump but after checking its size walking back to Tesco to get the money I found blood on my hand.

I asked the bloke at customer service "Do I have a cut on my head?" pointing at the affected area. Turns out I did, after some wiping with the baby wipes we use I had a blue plaster applied. It's about an inch long."

The dangers of working at a petrol station.