Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

bad stuff thread.

tapedeck

I'm essentially running the store when he's in. The manager knows all about it but can't really do anything

So you can lose your job because you're not doing someone else's job, and the manager can't sack the incompetant one?

Revenge against my brother is needed yet again... Knowing full well his instructions not to awake me on Friday/Saturday nights, he tries again to let me into the house (probably "forgot his keys"), I awesomely ignore him prompting him to knock on the door and have mummy let him in. This should show there was no girl... But wait... one arrives shortly after. Cue the bedsrpings making noise (but not her, because he's crap) resulting in me being unable to sleep at 3 in the morning and to be up in just over 2 hours.

I'd already changed the laptop password to try and get money out of him (which he still owes me, 9 months and counting...) but now I'm cranking it up to the next level... When he is away I'm going to use the laptop to access his Facebook, upload a picture I just took of him and this lass sleeping. Change his profile picture, make some cheeky status change. Maybe he'll learn.

In the words of Jeremy Irons: It's Judgement Day.

Found out that you're not supposed to take energy pills if you've had a history of heart rhythm disorder (and I had an irregular heartbeat). I'm assuming (will confirm later when i'm less lazy) that this also means caffeine in any form. Annoying! I may have to partially ignore this advice. Never having caffeine again in one's whole life is extreme. It's the only way i make it to work on a bad morning. And sometimes I have trouble sleeping, end up having to work on a few hours sleep. I can’t imagine doing that without caffeine’s help.

I’ll look into it/see doc. Might apply to alcohol as well! Fucking hell. I think I’d rather just die!*

*Maybe

Caffeine stimulates your heart so I can see why it is recommended that if you have a heart condition, or history of heart problems in the family, that you should try to avoid it. It also raises blood pressure and increases your pulse rate.

To be perfectly honest I would imagine that in small quantities it is fine, just as long as you don't over do it. I tend not to have too much caffeine as I don't drink tea or coffee. I'll occasionally have an energy drink if I'm feeling particularly tired before an early teaching session or as a vodka mixer.

And bad stuff...

I just got settled down into bed last night when my phone buzzed to tell me I had an email. Curious, I checked it and saw an email from Paypal thanking me for my payment of £285.83 for my eBay seller fees. I haven't used eBay in well over a year. Got up to investigate and saw it on my actual PayPal account. Tried to log into eBay and it wouldn't recognise my username, password or email address. Phoned up customer support and they told me that my account had been compromised and taken over. After around 50 minutes of being told that "I can't help you with this, let me transfer you over to someone who can" with regular 5 minute spells on hold I finally spoke to someone who fixed everything for me and said that the money would be refunded to me. I was actually pretty impressed with how smoothly it all went; I was expecting to have to prove I didn't use it etc - it must be a common problem? The only thing that pissed me off was that when someone was about to pass me over they would say "is there anything else we can help you with?" and also "Have a great day!" in a really cheerful tone.

"Is there anything else we can help you with?" - No, just the small matter of 300 quid being stolen from me.

"Have a great day!" - Fuck off.

Anyway, so I thought it was all sorted until I woke up this morning and found 2 emails from eBay saying that items which they hacker had 'sold' had been taken to the resolution centre and I had to refund their money. My account was yet again suspended and I had to go through the whole process again which was painfully slow this time. Eventually got through to someone who knew what they were talking about and they said they've put it straight. I also got a reference number from them so when I phone to check on Monday that it is still sorted they'll (hopefully) know what I'm talking about.

Apparently it could take up to 30 days for them to refund my money... It better not as I need that £300!

The first time it was 'sorted' they said they hope this doesn't put me off using eBay because I'm a valued customer and have been a member since 2002. I think I've changed my password once since then so although it wasn't exactly my fault, I could've done more to prevent it as my password was only letters.

Moral of the story: Make sure your passwords are alphanumeric. I emailed SkyBet because their passwords are only numbers and only between 4-6 characters, not exactly the most secure when they have all your banking details and money stored on your account half the time.

Yeah, it was set up in PayPal's 'direct debit' feature.

I've learnt that eBay and PayPal can do naff all if someone tells their bank to reverse it.

At work, I've been in a situation where PayPal reversed a payment a week after we had a confirmation of payment because the person did not have the money in their account.

Note that this was after we had sent it and they left positive feedback. The best advice we could get from eBay and PayPal was to ask them nicely to pay again or return the item, and if they don't reply then get the police involved.

Just spoken to my bank, they've given me a authorisation number to give to PayPal who can cancel the transaction. Now to phone PayPal...

Edit - Apparently the payment has already gone through (although my bank says otherwise) and they don't have the cancel button.

Edited by Charlie

Had a fucking shit day at work. Don't know if I can hack it after all - am simply a senior sales assistant in training but because the Deputy Manager is so incompetant, I'm essentially running the store when he's in. The manager knows all about it but can't really do anything and thus we're stuck in a rut.

The worst thing is that my old job isn't even there for me any more as they've hired someone to fill my contract in my old store. Which means if I change my mind or fail my MTL course (training) I'll basically lose my job. And with the store being such a major effort drainer I can't give it my all. Seriously worried. Fun times.

The management training course is actually easy to pass they just make it seem more difficult by having a load of hoops you have to jump through. As long as your KPI is good, you don't run the other stores into the ground while you're covering and you prove you can handle everything there's no reason for them not to promote you.

Ugh. Some douche bag children (one from down the road I think and two from next door.....) broke into my car and stole (A Spidey cuddly toy) and stole some CDs (about 5) and broke them or something.

Which is pretty cool. One of the children's mums caught them or something. So I think I have to go over there and say what's missing or some shit.