N-Europe

Terrible Movies You Enjoy?

Happenstance

I just finished watching the DOA movie again and thought this'd make a good topic.

I know that movie is terrible but its a movie i'll put on occassionally for a bit of mindless fighting and eye candy. Plus despite her larger than average teeth I do love Sarah Carter.

What are some of the crappy movies you guys cant help but enjoy then? Im sure i'll come up with more later.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are we talking: So bad it's good" or just bad in a guilty pleasure kind of way?

Either way, I really get a kick out of watching films like: The Room and Birdemic.

They are just terrible in the best kind of way.

Clips from aforementioned films:

I absolutely love:

MPW-21315

If you just stop hating it, you'll realise it's brilliant. It's a failure in it's attempt to be a successful, "good" film, but it's so striking. It's struggling with trying to be Joel Schumacher's uber-camp homage to the 60's Batman and a 90's action film. That's where it falls down. If it were allowed to be one or the other...I think that'd be interesting.

I think it's my current mind-set Re: art..I dunno If explain it well, but my new thing is just acepting that something is what is, fully, before wishing it was something else.

I dunno. I love that it's so stylised. The entire time you're wondering why random things are neon/why are there pink spotlights/why is neon light coming from the earth, but then again, why not? That's the joke. It's intentional on the director's part, so I'm just sitting here dealing with the artistic choices.

It's bad, but I love it for what it is, not what it isn't.

They actually quoted and IMDB user.

The full review:

In the history of film, there are only a few moments of pure cinematic genius; moments that ultimately transcend film itself, creating something wholly different but altogether brilliant. Bergman did it with a simple chess game that became a metaphor for life, Kubrick created a parable defining man's evolution, and now Nguyen has done it by crafting a brilliant story chronicling the age old nature hunts, tortures, and kills a bunch of men conflict.

You don't simply see Birdemic, you experience it in the same way you would a colonoscopy. It literally feels as if a camera has been inserted inside you to help you better understand you. These aren't simply characters. Each persona that appears on screen has been carefully crafted with the same gentle touch that guided Camus' hand when detailing the hopes and dreams of men content with their place in the world. Take for example, Waitress, who is a waitress. She's a waitress. I felt this characterization in the very core of my being. Better yet, Tree Hugger, a representation of man at his pinnacle as he chases that illusive brass ring. These aren't simply characters; they're living, breathing people, if living, breathing people only existed in one tiny man's brilliant fantasy.

And then there's the tiny, brilliant man himself, Nguyen, an able hand that surpasses his peers, even Hitchcock himself, when it comes to mis-en-scene. Hitchcock borevthe word subtlety into your skull, expecting his audience to match him on an intellectual level. Nguyen has no such pretensions. He intrinsically knows what you want and tells you exactly how you should feel, a refreshing concept that I've come to expect after 10 years spent living under the glorious intellectual utopia of the Bush years.

I implore you, experience Birdemic. Few films will ever touch this as this will. It stands now as one of the towering achievements of not only the '00s, but in all of human creative expression -- it's like God crapped in your brain and gave it a name. That name is Birdemic: Shock and Terror.

My favourite part of the review:

"Take for example, Waitress, who is a waitress. She's a waitress. I felt this characterization in the very core of my being."

They actually quoted and IMDB user.

The full review:

My favourite part of the review:

"Take for example, Waitress, who is a waitress. She's a waitress. I felt this characterization in the very core of my being."

I think we can safely say that any of these blurbs taken from reviews are taken out of context.

Okay, well you're insane. Planet Terror was tosh. Only good bit was when the dog got run over.

I actually love both Death Proof and Planet Terror, but in reality I can't call either of them good films. They succeeded to well at being B-movies.

jingle-all-the-way-poster.jpg

I love this movie, even though alot of people say this is one of arnolds worst films. The only person I have a problem with in this movie is Sinbad but hes not that bad if you can put up with the bad jokes.

Plus it has Martin Mull! he's allways a good addition to anything.