NEurope
Mokong

Snowing

We've got some snow tonight as well. Nice white blanket outside... except not nice when on the road. =P

Also it'll probably all be gone again when I finally have time for the snow related BISHes heh.

I was wondering just now if I should have waited with my snow BISHes since the snow is just starting to really come down now. :heh:

You can always redo them, together with the sellotape one. :wink:

I'll do the sellotape one again if it is ruled not valid, but the snow one were simply too much of a hassle to do again right away. ;)

I took this on my walk home last week. Since then we've gotten even more snow here.

2448mkz.jpg

It might be worth mentioning that the climate in the part of Canada I live in is the exact same as it is in Siberia.

Edited by Emasher

My final got cancelled today because of the snow!

Here's a picture from the weekend, featuring the polystyrene balls Diageo spoke of. And my Converse-clad feet, which serves as a warning: do NOT wear Converse shoes in the snow if you don't want to fall over. I was standing still on a bit of sloped pavement and started sliding.

DSC01090.jpg

And one from this morning as I was making my way to the bus. I was tempted to gather up all of the snow to build a snow fort, like the one Max makes in Wild the Wild Things Are.

DSC01094.jpg

had ZERO snow ere in Newport :( i want snow like up in scotland etc

Apparantly, we are due some light snow over-night and into tomorrow morning. Sleet at some point as well, then warming up

(According to Met Office)

I wish people would learn to fucking drive properly in the snow. If you can't do not get in my way when i'm on the road.

I wish people would learn to fucking drive properly in the snow. If you can't do not get in my way when i'm on the road.

I also experienced that today, annoying :nono:

De-icing a car 3 times in one day is also annoying. Well it was more de-snowing but yeah.

In the UK that is called a "National Crisis".

Anything above 2cm in the UK is a "Crisis".

Those pictures are amazing. The most we're getting is a little ice on the footpaths and frosty grass :(

This is in spite of the fact the temperature is around -8 degrees...

I can't believe how soft the snow is. This is proper snow, not that icey stuff we get every couple of years. Getting fucking brained by one of those used to hurt, and in the ear was the worst. These ones are soft and break apart immediately when they hit.

Well, that's 3 days off. As I work in a college that is known for being Scrooge-worthy, it's a miracle we haven't been forced to risk the roads.

Either way this snow is only

terrible because we live in rural areas and the roads are dire.

Another day of cabin fever!

Well, that's 3 days off. As I work in a college that is known for being Scrooge-worthy, it's a miracle we haven't been forced to risk the roads.

Either way this snow is only

terrible because we live in rural areas and the roads are dire.

Another day of cabin fever!

I remember once in high school, we got 3 weeks off at Christmas instead of two apparently so they could keep the heating cost down because it was bad winter that year.

It started snowing here about 4ish and then stopped. It started again though at about half 7.

Walking Uni yesterday was really bad. I don't have appropriate footwear for these conditions. I have a pair of trainers that have really thin soles and very little grip, and two pairs of shoes with leather soles (read: zero grip). I'm amazed I made it in at all.

I tend to crouch slightly as I walk to keep my COG down. It helps but it's bloody tiring. When I do that, I'm walking like Richter Belmont does... but if I try to walk normally, my legs flail around like X from the Mega Man games - they are moving really fast but I'm hardly going anywhere :p

I'm disappointed today. Before I went to bed I saw some delightful snow coming down to smooth the ground once again. Getting up this morning I can see patches of the ground where it has melted and what appears to be tiny hail falling.

I hope this snow doesn't last long. I have to get to a tiny hamlet in Wales in just over two weeks. The snow here seems to be the type that'll be deadly ice tomorrow.

Anyway, the bus journey wasn't too bad today.

Unfortunately the snowfall in the South West wasn't all that dramatic,

So I couldn't use the snow excuse for not going to work, Hoping that there is a blizzard tonight and that I'm housebound tomorrow.

I love snow when I'm back over Christmas, but not when I'm in Glasgow and have things to do. My street turns into an icerink every single year here!

No one to play out in the snow with in Glasgow really either as we're all busy with work.

We had a bit more last night but it must've stopped early on. Weather forecast says heavy snow all afternoon but thats what it said yesterday and it was blue skies.

It's snowing. Not best pleased. I will cycle today, though. It dips below zero tomorrow so I probably won't then.

Still snowing here. Snowed for the last 5 days or so and there's a good couple of inches of snow on the ground. Now starting to get annoying as it's screwing up the buses, meaning I can't really commit to anything as I don't know if there will or won't be any buses going around, and most of the roads and paths haven't been gritted around here. Means I've pretty much decided to abandon any attempts to go out and get stuff done. :nono:

At least the kids sledging on the hill behind the house seem to be enjoying it. Oh to be young again and not have a care in the world....

It's been snowing pretty much nonstop all night and all morning, I think. The world's been turned into a winter wonderland. I took some pretty pictures early this morning that I'll probably get up at some point today.

Snowed last night, but it is like the stuff EEVIL has. It's patchy, like it has melted. Probably because it rained a bit proberly.

I think where i live only gets it bad when the rest of Britain can't move.

Edited by Jimbob