NEurope
Mokong

Snowing

Have ye guys in the UK not had any snow?

Usually there's a new thread with pics and vids whenever there's snow?

I know we've had snow here and I've seen news videos of Europe covered in the white stuff so I assumed the UK would be too?

Anyway here's a video of Joy and Myself building a snowman this morning.

(Sorry for the cheesey feel good music)

The snowman is still sitting on the swing chair in the back... still with hat and scarf too... I'm gonna leave him there see how long he lasts :heh:

Also did anyone have or see any sliding cars on the roads?

Walked to the shop earlier and on the way back saw my neighbour trying to drive up a hill leading out of the estate. Was about halfway up and the wheels just kept spinning and the car going nowhere. I gave them a push to help them get to the top of the hill. My good deed for the day :)

Edited by Mokong

Snow in Dublin looked fake, like polystyrene balls.

Haha, you think the government were maybe trying to get people to not go to the protest. "Maybe if we blanket the place in snow everyone will just stay at home" :heh:

I would have gone up myself if Joy wasn't pregnant (any day now)..... would have gone up on the Friday for the Saturday protest (stayed at me cousins) so the snow wouldn't have stopped me... a baby did :)

It was very slightly snowy this morning in Swindon, we're supposed to be on a blizzard warning on Tuesday so I've got my fingers crossed for a great snowfall this year. I fucking love snow.

Unfortunately and rather typically, I have to be at my Mum's in London for the weekend because I'm going to see Rich Hall at Richmond Theatre tomorrow so I miss the snow but I should have a good time anyway :awesome:

And I'm going back on Monday so I should be just in time for the snow to come back again! Hopefully I won't have to go into work.

Now it's snowing real snow and everything has a red hue for some reason. Not as dark as it should be, and it's not even 1 AM.

Snow in Dublin looked fake, like polystyrene balls.

Could've been hail, not snow. I was woken up this morning with hailstones hammering down, they were bigger than usual, too!

It's not snowed yet down here in Kingston. Frost only appeared a day or so ago. Not even ice. Which I'm grateful of. :) It's cold enough.

The weather is mental the past two nights, the noise of the thunder and the brightness of the lightning last night. All the while it was snowing, it was bizarre but I was up to see it/ hear all of it. Now this snowfall is some of the thickest I've seen.

It's not snowed yet down here in Kingston. Frost only appeared a day or so ago. Not even ice. Which I'm grateful of. :) It's cold enough.

It's actually not been that cold here the last few weeks. We've barely had frost and there's been no iced up cars at all... so the snow today (yesterday) came as a bit of a surprise

Had some snow yesterday (Friday day-time), stopped around 7pm. No more as of yet, hoping of snow that doesn't involve breaking legs because of 2 inch ice as of last year.

The weather is mental the past two nights, the noise of the thunder and the brightness of the lightning last night. All the while it was snowing, it was bizarre but I was up to see it/ hear all of it. Now this snowfall is some of the thickest I've seen.

I wasn't aware that it's snowing right now (just got up and looked out of the window)! It's so thick!

I wasn't aware that it's snowing right now (just got up and looked out of the window)! It's so thick!

I want to go outside and lie down with a straw in my mouth and let the snow cover me but I can breath because of the straw so when I hear someone walking near me in the morning I can jump out of the snow like some sort of monster and scare them.

You thanked Diageo for reminding you that doing that would probably induce hypothermia and kill you? Nice...

Could've been hail, not snow. I was woken up this morning with hailstones hammering down, they were bigger than usual, too!

You should get the roof fixed, that sounds like a very rude awakening indeed. Did it hurt much? Black eye?

You thanked Diageo for reminding you that doing that would probably induce hypothermia and kill you? Nice...

You can have one too :p I'm sure you'd have done the same.

You should get the roof fixed, that sounds like a very rude awakening indeed. Did it hurt much? Black eye?

Ahem: I was woken up this morning with hailstones hammering down *on the ground outside*, not on me :santa:

My window is on my roof, so I was woken up by very noisy hail on my poor little window.