N-Europe

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 (Movie)

ReZourceman

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Emma Watson is the only reason for watching the film...

I'll see it but I doubt I'll enjoy it. I love the books so much and for me, the films just haven't reached the same standard. They are a bitter disappointment of pointless changes and random cuts.

My Dad loves the films however. I said to him that now I have saturdays off we can finally start seeing films together again and he swiftly told me that he'd be watching it on Friday with me or without :indeed:

I am quite looking forward to seeing it, but I must admit I didn't like Order of the Phoenix, and a lot of it was because of the way it was directed (Goblet of Fire is my favourite). So yes, it's a bit of a shame that David Yates is doing the last four films rather than Mike Newell, although I must admit I haven't watched Half-Blood Prince yet.

Another thing is that Deathly Hallows was the first book in the series I didn't like.

Doesn't NOTHING happen in the first half of the book?

In any case, the Harry Potter films have only elicited yawns from me. I don't really think of them as legitimate movies for some reasons, just like this inevitable concept that comes along every few years to remind me of all the stuff I forgot happened in the books I read once then never read again.

(I did enjoy the book series, and read the first 4 a few times when I was younger I think, but after that my interest dropped off)

My current plan is to either just wait a little bit until it's so ragingly busy or just wait until Part 2 is about to come out and watch it just before I go see it.

Prob the same for me, if at all. I just grew tired of the series as a whole after the 5th book, felt like I was going around in circles for 7 books too finally have an ending which was...meh.

I'm seeing it on Friday. Never really been that bothered by the series, never read the books, but saw a couple of the films at the cinema with mates.

I've started watching all the films in preparation so actually know what's happening - watched the first four yesterday (time well spent :heh:) and have to say they've got better with each one and I have quite enjoyed them.

Am actually quite looking forward to it now!

I can NOT wait for this!!! :D:D:D

I'm going at the 9am showing as I always have done. I've loved all of the movies and the books too, it's going to be a happy and sad day when Part II is released. While I can't wait to see it, it's going to be like saying goodbye to a part of my childhood as I've grown up with Harry through the books and the movies.

...but yeah, seriously can't wait for this movie!

I can NOT wait for this!!! :D:D:D

I'm going at the 9am showing as I always have done. I've loved all of the movies and the books too, it's going to be a happy and sad day when Part II is released. While I can't wait to see it, it's going to be like saying goodbye to a part of my childhood as I've grown up with Harry through the books and the movies.

...but yeah, seriously can't wait for this movie!

I knew you'd be an happy about it as I! :D We're going to a mid day showing on the friday so hopefully there won't be as many bad parents as the ones later on.

I'm thrilled that this is near my mum's birthday and the other is near my birthday :D.

I think I may be giving my best mates grief, I keep on counting down the days. DAMN, I'm so excited! :D

Found this on the internet whilst looking for some Potter videos and I thought it was funny. Shane Dawson makes a hilarious Hermione, haha.

I like to watch the movies but it is really annoying when they change something which didn't need changing. Like Ginny helping harry put the book away in half blood prince. Wth was that. Nothing to do with anything since they didn't even make the book a big part of the movie.

God dammit Dan... He's only there because he looks like Harry. To get anger across all he does is shake a bit and squint.

Once you get over the Radcliffe hate (I think he has improved a lot) these movies have actually been really entertaining. Order of the Phoenix in particular was awesome

I remember being fairly indifferent to Half Blood Prince at the theatre, despite it having one of the

. Sends shivers down my spine just thinking about it. That music.

Probably gonna try and see this opening weekend, or soon after. I've enjoyed the series so far, no reason not to finish what I started.

Edited by Guy

HUGE Harry Potter fan, I am, so I am looking very much forward to this! :D

I'm not awfully bothered by the changes. The films are based on the books, nothing more. I love the films for what they are, a slightly different look into the fantastic HP universe.

I'm going to the midnight premiere Wednesday night with a fairly large group of friends, and we're all going to be dressed up as characters from the film. It's gonna be totally awesome! :D

HUGE Harry Potter fan, I am, so I am looking very much forward to this! :D

I'm not awfully bothered by the changes. The films are based on the books, nothing more. I love the films for what they are, a slightly different look into the fantastic HP universe.

I'm going to the midnight premiere Wednesday night with a fairly large group of friends, and we're all going to be dressed up as characters from the film. It's gonna be totally awesome! :D

Jealous! Wish I was going with you! :(

(Also, nice reference to the musical ;)) unless you have no clue what I mean...

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!