-Super Mario Galaxy 2

-Metroid Other M

-Goldeneye

-No More Heroes 2

-Red Steel 2

-Monster Hunter Tri

-Tatsunoko vs. Capcom

and I'm sure others I'm forgetting.

Now couple that with what's around the corner (or at least was when I made this thread):

-Donkey Kong Country Returns

-Sonic Colours (if you're sceptical, look at the reviews/thread)

-Epic Mickey

So yeah, obviously what I'm thinking is, would this be the strongest list the Wii has ever had in one year? The most truly stand out games?

If it is, it's funny really since so many hardcore games wrote the console off as being "dead" and having "no games" years ago, yet it's obviously just blind ignorance if they see it that way now.

Yes, without a doubt. 2010 has been a phenomenal year. To add to your list, we've also had:

-Rock Band 3

-Kirby's Epic Yarn (although not in PAL regions ;_;)

-Sin and Punishment 2

-NBA Jam

-Sonic Colours

Not to mention some stand out WiiWare games.

-Cave Story (although no PAL regions...but planned for Q4 2010)

-Art of Balance

-And Yet it Moves

-(more) Bit.Trip games

2010 has owned.

Edited by LostOverThere

It certainly has been a pretty awesome year this year,

I'm glad Nintendo took the focus off the 'family fun times' and pumped out a few great AAA games.

If they can continue to do this balance act so to speak of pleasing casual and hardcore gamer's then they should definitely be able to continue this success forwards to 3ds and future home console. :)

I was just thinking about this year's releases so far, such as:

-Super Mario Galaxy 2

-Metroid Other M

-Goldeneye

-No More Heroes 2

-Red Steel 2

-Monster Hunter Tri

-Tatsunoko vs. Capcom

and I'm sure others I'm forgetting.

Now couple that with what's around the corner (or at least was when I made this thread):

-Donkey Kong Country Returns

-Sonic Colours (if you're sceptical, look at the reviews/thread)

-Epic Mickey

So yeah, obviously what I'm thinking is, would this be the strongest list the Wii has ever had in one year? The most truly stand out games?

If it is, it's funny really since so many hardcore games wrote the console off as being "dead" and having "no games" years ago, yet it's obviously just blind ignorance if they see it that way now.

You mention god damn sonic yet not Kirby...how can I take this thread seriously? :heh:

The main question is what have we got for next year? With the limelight on the 3DS will the Wii be completely ignored and be put on the side while the 3DS gets everything else? I mean all I know that is coming out next year is Zelda, and perhaps Dragon Quest X (I can only see an announcement nothing else for that game next year)

Not trying to be negative or anything, just really curious on what Nintendo have to offer on the Wii next year

Edited by killer kirby

Zelda, Pikmin, Conduit 2, Dragon Quest X, de Blob 2 and...uh...

I think you could also add the last story. Hopefully Xenoblade as well...hopefully...:(

Yeah, the best year. Mario Galaxy 2 as the big flagship AAA title, hardcore/nostalgia stuff for Nintendo fans in Sin & Punishment 2, Metroid: Other M, Donkey Kong Country Returns and Goldeneye 007, Monster Hunter 3 as the best online game on Wii so far and No More Heroes 2 and Red Steel 2 was solid successors and some good stuff on WiiWare.

2011 looks to have even better first party support with Kirby's Epic Yarn, The Last Story, Mario Sports Mix and Zelda: Skyward Sword announced already, but sadly lacks any really interesting third party games to look forward to.

I rarely play games in the year they're released, so this is a moot point for me.

However, that line-up has some of the Wii's best games to date (well...at least I think the upcoming games will be).

TvC is the best fighting game on the console, Super Mario Galaxy 2 is an equally good sequel to one of the games of the decade, DKCR and Epic Yarn mark a return to mainstream excellence in 2D platformers, and Sonic Colours and Epic Mickey are triumphant returns for iconic mascots who hadn't seen quality in years.

You mention god damn sonic yet not Kirby...how can I take this thread seriously? :heh:

It's 2011 for Europe right? That's why I didn't mention, although I didnt verify if it was or not, I went by memory.

I've had a great year with my Wii and I only own two of the games from McGeachie's opening post- Galaxy 2 and Red Steel 2... and I've not even got round to RS 2 yet! I started out this year with stuff like the Rabbids platformer, FF:CC:TCB, Tales of Symphonia 2 and Mushroom Men and haven't looked back. There's still an absolute ton of stuff in my backlog so I've absolutely nothing whatsoever to complain about.

The Wii has gone from strength to strength over the years, imo.

The Wii has gone from strength to strength over the years..

I couldn't agree more :hehe: I see plenty of things on the internet that pretty much claim that you have to have an XBOX 360 or PS3 if you're a "hardcore gamer" as the Wii just doesn't have enough quality and depth. I completely disagree, and the size, quality and diversity I have in my Wii collection only goes to prove that there are many fantastic experiences available on the system without the need to look elsewhere :hehe:

I'm sure some of you are aware that I purchased an XBOX 360 towards the end of last year, largely to "get the best" out of my new HDTV. However, I sold it to my brother after a few months and only bought it back again due to the fact that he just never played it :hmm: I have, admittedly, enjoyed it in spurts but I now find myself wanting to offload it again :sad: I look at the games currently available and games that will be released and just don't feel any desire to play any of them..

The Wii is a fantastic console and, in my opinion, doesn't deserve a lot of the backlash it gets most of the time. there are certainly areas Nintendo could improve, but 2010 has been another strong year in the console's lifespan. It is far and away my favourite console this generation and I can't wait to play through the games I have yet to pick up or play :grin:

I've had loads of fun with 'fringe' games like TvC, FFCC:TCB, Res Evil DC, NMH 2, Red Steel 2, Rune Factory Frontier, Fragile Dreams and Silent Hill Shattered Memories. Plus Mario Galaxy 2 has to be the best game this gen for me! So yep 2010 has definitely been the wii's best year and personally its been my fave for any year/console of this gen so far!

Hmm It's been a good year but at the same time the focus has REALLY shifted from what wii was all about in the first place. The motion controls. It's like Nintendo themselves don't want to do it for core games anymore and nobody else wants it anymore.

Shame really but screw it Super mario galaxy 2 is one of mario's best.

I couldn't agree more :hehe: I see plenty of things on the internet that pretty much claim that you have to have an XBOX 360 or PS3 if you're a "hardcore gamer" as the Wii just doesn't have enough quality and depth. I completely disagree, and the size, quality and diversity I have in my Wii collection only goes to prove that there are many fantastic experiences available on the system without the need to look elsewhere :hehe:

I HATE that shit. I'm sorry but a REAL hardcore challenge comes in retro-styled games like super mario galaxy 2, New super mario bros wii and donkey kong country returns...

And as for multiplayer. Say what you will but very few games test your skill like super smash bros melee. If you play the game right it tests your reflects against each other like no other...... NOT merely map memorisation required for first person shooter multiplayer battles.

Definately Wii's best year, easily!

Hopefully next year will also be a great year. We already have Kirby and Zelda set for release next year so that's a good start!

I'm still waiting for 'The Last Story European Release Confirmed' to be a story on the N-E homepage.

definatly the best year for the wii, never would have thought to have 4 good games(3 on wii, 1 on the 360) in the same month.

Maybe the last year of the Wii? who knows. Wouldt supprise me, nintendo did the same thing with the GBA and the Gamecube

GBA release dates: JPN= march 2001, US and europe =June 2001

Gamecube release date: JPN = Sept. 2001, US = Nov. 2001 and May 202 for europe.

So it wouldnt suprise me if both wii2 and 3ds will be released in 2011.

I got a Wii on launch day.... and this year has really been the only time that I've really paid any attention to it because most of the other GARBAGE that's been pumped out otherwise has been just that.

Garbage.

I got a Wii on launch day.... and this year has really been the only time that I've really paid any attention to it because most of the other GARBAGE that's been pumped out otherwise has been just that.

Garbage.

That post is garbage.. Juicy garbage :nono:

I disagree for this year didn't see a remake or a sequel of Little King's Story.

Zelda, Pikmin, Conduit 2, Dragon Quest X, de Blob 2 and...uh...

F - ZERO !

I'll be mega disappointed if Monster Games are not working on an F-Zero game as we speak.

I don't think they are up to a game that rivals F-zero gx to be honest.

It could very well have been Wii's best year, shame my Wii hasn't really been played by me much at all this year, apart from some Sky Crawlers Wii and TvsC, however my little brother is getting Sonic Colours for Christmas which if I can find time to play it will be really the only game I played on it this year. I'm certainly not saying the Wii doesn't have enough hardcore appeal or anything, I just think HD has pretty much swayed people to consider the Wii outdated and such, plus the shovelware pile up treatment the Wii received (Which I can see happening to KINECT and Move to a certain degree).

I do think motion control was handled poorly for the Wii, I mean what with games reduced to throwing in waggle to incorporate the Wii's gimmick and the Wiimotion plus incident. But thats Ninty for you, they continue to experiment and refine.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

Monster Hunter 3 was released this year. Nuff said! :D

I've had a fantastic year* and I haven't even played Monster Hunter 3 :eek:

The Wii is awesome :yay:

*in gaming terms! Everything else has been rotten to the core..

Sign in to follow this