Baby names?

EEVILMURRAY

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Female - McKenna, then Jessica,

Male - Was going to be Jack until every cunt under the sun decided to call their son Jack, so completely undecided now. Preferably something unique and under-used.

Don't worry chap. Jack isn't the most popular boys name anymore. Oliver is in the house.

Although I am surprised you weren't going to call them "Penislol" or similar.

The missus and I always seem to think of Pokémon related names when thinking of this. If it's a boy: Brock. A girl: Erika.

For a girl i really like the name Hope.

for a boy.... I don't even know where to begin. Heather likes the name 'Benji'... personally i cant stand that (no offence to anyone who know's a Benji or is named Benji)

Kinda like 'Miles' for boy.... but yeah... got a long time to think about stuff like that.

I'd name my children numerically, in the order they were born.

One, Two, Three... and so on.

Then I could do things like give them birthday cards saying "YOU'RE 1 TODAY" for no reason other than it is the truth. It's probably a good thing I never plan to have children.

Edited by Guy

There is something I find unbearably annoying about some...lets say....relatives of someone I know very well.

They called their most recent child "Elle"

Which they pronounce "Ellie", so they think that "Elle" is the correct spelling for "Ellie"

Absolutely horrible. If I was the child I would get it changed by deed poll the second I'd be old enough, and I'd be horrifyingly embarrassed up until that could happen.

The trouble is trying to get something that goes well with Gray. Which is quite a full-stop of a second name.

I like the idea of mythological/ancient names. I'm bored of the perceived pretension of doing that. I like the names and would rather not call my children the same name as everyone else.

There's a guy I know called Aristides. Which is great. And he's just called Ari, so it's fine.

The topic from our Long Legged Mok Daddy got me pondering. If any of you were to have children (Or the ones who have them already got more) - What would you call them?

Are you suggesting I am tall? at 5'6 I don't think so :heh:

Anyway, as ye know from my own thread we are having a boy to be called Oisín Lloyd.

I was gonna say this in my thread but prolly more appropriate to put here.

Originally I wanted his first name to be Setanta... no not after the sports channel. :heh:

Setanta is actually the birth name of another Irish Hero from Legend, he is better known as Cú Chulainn

Joy vetoed that on me though as she said it sounded like a number in Tagalog/Filipino and would be funny over there... :heh:

So I suggested Oisín after that and it was accpeted :), still very Irish and still hard for filipinos to pronounce, mwahahahaha

As for what if we were having a girl.

"Saoirse Kara" or "Kara Saoirse"

Saoirse, again an Irish name, which is actually Irish for "Freedom" and "Kara" comes from "Kara Thrace" from Battlestar Gallactica... you might think both those were my idea, but Kara was actually Joys, haha, (I'm so lucky :grin:)

Plus if ever I didn't want people to think I was too nerdy I could say Kara was taken from the Irish word "Cara" which means "friend" and it all makes sense :heh:

The trouble is trying to get something that goes well with Gray. Which is quite a full-stop of a second name.

BLASPHEMY!!

JeanGreyPhoenix.jpg

I know there's an 'e' instead of an 'a' but it's pronounced the same :p

As for myself, I've always liked the name Alice(like mentioned previously)/Alison for a girl (or I could name her after the awesome Stefani Joanne Angelina :p Don't know her, then google ;)).

Not exactly sure for a boy...

Of course, I see the likelihood of myself becoming a parent as pretty slim, mostly because I have no desire to have them.