N-Europe

good stuff thread.

nightwolf

My tutor and I were recently discussing this about cameras, so many people focus on MP! MP do not neccessarily determined the quality of the camera.

Work bought me a card for my birthday, I'm really going to miss those guys..

Word. My Cyber-shot DSC-T30 is 7.2MP and my phone (SE G900) is 5MP. My phone takes much better photos than my camera especially in terms of colour and lighting.

What happened with your Jagex job, I thought things were going well for you? (Have I been reading this forum with my eyes closed??)

My tutor and I were recently discussing this about cameras, so many people focus on MP! MP do not neccessarily determined the quality of the camera.

MP = Resulotion.

Sensor size (physical size, not MP) and quality = Image quality

At least that's how I understand it.

Good stuff for me: Getting a free tax disc. It never gets old. Ever.

MP = Resulotion.

Sensor size (physical size, not MP) and quality = Image quality

At least that's how I understand it.

Good stuff for me: Getting a free tax disc. It never gets old. Ever.

Agreed, there seems to be some misconception that if you have the highest mp on a camera it must be good, so people don't check out everything else about the camera.

EDIT: Eddie - I am doing well, smashing targets, working well with the team, but my contract ends 30th June and even if I do really well, there might not be space for me to stay. I keep getting told not to get down about it or I might get taken back on, but that's not really the point, I'm doing good now and want to stay. grr!

Agreed, there seems to be some misconception that if you have the highest mp on a camera it must be good, so people don't check out everything else about the camera.

EDIT: Eddie - I am doing well, smashing targets, working well with the team, but my contract ends 30th June and even if I do really well, there might not be space for me to stay. I keep getting told not to get down about it or I might get taken back on, but that's not really the point, I'm doing good now and want to stay. grr!

Ah right. It's really too bad there's a contract/space issue, hopefully there's a good chance of you returning. In any case, from your recent updates you seem to be a credit to them, so you should take comfort and pride in that!

Buuuusy busy busy busy with uni still. It feels like last Friday was the deadline we had to rush and work ourselves to the bone for...then there was one this morning for the DVD version...then by Friday we need to make our own personal showreels and DVDs.

But! After that it looks like this:

Friday 24th - Industry degree show.

Monday 27th/28th - Public degree shows.

Thursday 30th - Degree show at Graphic (Gin!)

Some point the following week - Drinks (champagne) and food (Eathai Busaba or is it Busaba Eathai? ) with housemate for her birthday/me finishing uni.

7th July - Head home for a while.

17th July - Cars 2 Screening & John Lasseter Q&A

If I can just forgot about the whole piss poor and unemployed thing during this period that'll be nice.

My sister and nephew is visiting this weekend. Haven't seen them since around Easter, which was before her and her boyfriend broke up (I felt rather useless then as there wasn't any way I could help). My nephew is probably starting to speak and everything now.

7th July - Head home for a while.

17th July - Cars 2 Screening & John Lasseter Q&A

You're missing an important event on the 16th.

I checked out my camera on my phone and it's 3MP and it's crap quality but on my camera, it's absolutely crystal clear. As someone on here advised, I will print them off photo-sized and not in A4.

Also, if I didn't wish it already, Happy Belated Birthday Nightwolf! :)

I'm freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

I finished my last paper at about 3 am last night. Which means I'm now done with school! =D

:bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

125898100574.jpg

New job role.

Booo Yah

Now no longer the bitch of the development team, new job title will be Lead Integration Manager.

Now I need to learn some XML fairly sharpish o_0

I'll get to start reviewing candidate cv's and interviewing over the next 2 weeks for my replacement.

I've not done an interview in around 2 years so will need to brush up on my history of the company and such.

I'm freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

I finished my last paper at about 3 am last night. Which means I'm now done with school! =D

Well, it doesn't compare to Murray's good news, but congratulations nonetheless. :smile:

I had an awesome time last night with my best friends. They organised a little 21st birthday party for me last night (my 21st is today but I have work and a big family meal later) and it was literally one of the best laughs I've had in a long time. We had some cake and mini-doughnuts, a few beers (well I say few, I had 4 Guinnesses, 2 Stella, a shot of Jack Daniels and 1 Chimay (I think I spelt that wrong but it's strong ale), haha) and we just had a right laugh. Played a bit of FIFA and had the power of Spotify and YouTube and listened to some music (one which included Rebecca Black...no...really...it was actually played but we switched it off after 30 seconds and played the remix instead, haha).

Got some awesome presents as well. I got Dead in the Family (10th True Blood book), a Pulp Fiction wallet saying 'Bad Mother Fucker' and an actual Tru Blood bottle!

It was just a brilliant night overall! :D

Our work won an award last night.

PWC - West of England Business of the year 2011.

Email sent out by the big wigs saying what a great achievement it was etc etc..

"It is one the regions most prestigious and longest running business awards now in its 28th year.

Typically most of the winners have entered in multiple years and I am proud to say we won on our 1st attempt."

We're being treated to department nights out now during the summer, one department per week, I think Marketing are first next friday getting paid night out.

IT will get one, but not sure of when.

Love's me a free night out :grin:

255176_10150632794630581_509970580_19053904_6048674_n.jpg

-------------

Realistically this could go in the bad thread.

My "interview" was today, although I discovered when I got there it wasn't exactly an "interview" but more a "7 person assessment". I was sad to see one of the faces there was someone I knew from HBOS, from the back office (he started out in the call centre), HOWEVER....I have a much stronger personality I believe. I would have probably put us at even skill levels, however....they made us do these tests, like...6 or so tests or something.

He was incredibly silent with his pen, and I only specifically noticed his performance in comparison to mine on just 1 test (the last one) and I dicked him, BUT I fucking dicked everyone on that test*.

Also I have a couple inside guys who can hopefully slip a good word in for me.

Anyway, the tests were;

1) Visual or something - two rows of four letters, capital and non capital. You had to mark between one and four, which ones matched. I.e. "R r" "H h" "i K" would be two. Obviously piss easy and I dicked on it. Was quicker than everyone in my vision. (had three minutes)

2) Hardest one by a country mile - "If blog is the fattest and chewb is the skinniest, who is the fattest" out of three people. I only managed about....pffttt.....between 13 and 17 in the four minutes or so we had. Luckily everyone else were spastics so did probably half that. (Not being big headed. They were retards) and the other guy (from HBOS) was doing capably, but it is hard to judge quite how close we were.

3) PISS easy, and one woman went "Oooh, this is a very hard concept". I was just like "You honestly might as well just leave now". It was ; 4 8 15, which of the highest or lowest numbers is furthest away from the middle number. (In the actual thing they weren't all in order, but thats...hardly a probelm. It was so easy and the spastics did soooooo shit.

*Can't remember/don't care the others apart from the last one which I destroyed. Its really hard to explain but you had the letter "R" and two rows of three of them. You had to rotate the top one to see if it fit in the bottom one. I destroyed everyone, got about 67 or something in the time, really wanted to finish it though, but I was literally lightning. It'd be so fucking hard to finish it. Honestly the woman next to me did something like 5.

Gut next to me was a retard too. Strolled to the interview in an unbuttoned white shirt. I was thinking "Cool. No competition so far". The examiner/woman strolled round the room for the example questions, and I think the guy next to me got at least one example question wrong in every single one. LOL.

So yeah. If it wasn't for the other guy, who is good I'd be feeling 96% confident. As it is....honestly I wouldn't be surprised if they went for either of us. Its really annoying because they said all the benefits and stuff, and the job is IMMENSE. 1K more than I left HBOS on, about 4K or so more than I left Schitkopf on and like 2.5 hours less a week. Three...THREE different bonuses (one guaranteed quarterly), life assurance of 4 x salary. SHIT tonnes of holiday (more than I left HBOS on...4 years accrued) crazy.

So yeah. Right now I'll actually be DEVASTATED if I don't get it, because it is so awesome. A million times more professional and an easier atmosphere than Shitkopf too.

Treated myself to a large LEGO set in town to ease my nerves/get into higher over draft because I'm cool/traded stuff in at CEX so not that bad. LOL.

I M Indian Bütternüt

Edited by ReZourceman