Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

What Have You Bought?

Ashley

Managed to pick up two original Rush albums on vinyl the other week in a charity shop for about £10 together:

Moving_Pictures.jpg

Rush_Exit_Stage_Left.jpg

Well chuffed with that as the records are in mint condition, not a single scratch to them. Sleeves are a bit tatty and smell of smoke slightly but in all honesty, not too fussed when the actual records are in as good condition as they are.

Also picked up a few pieces of LEGO for the first time since I was a kid:

21108?$main$

21303?$main$

As well as this to go with the Peter Venkman one I got for my birthday back in May:

C8593.jpg

Finally, picked up a Totoro plush toy from a shop in Glasgow last week while I was there. Sadly, the almost 6 foot one in the window couldn't be touched let alone bought :heh:

Managed to pick up two original Rush albums on vinyl the other week in a charity shop for about £10 together:

Moving_Pictures.jpg

Rush_Exit_Stage_Left.jpg

Well chuffed with that as the records are in mint condition, not a single scratch to them. Sleeves are a bit tatty and smell of smoke slightly but in all honesty, not too fussed when the actual records are in as good condition as they are.

Also picked up a few pieces of LEGO for the first time since I was a kid:

21108?$main$

21303?$main$

As well as this to go with the Peter Venkman one I got for my birthday back in May:

C8593.jpg

Finally, picked up a Totoro plush toy from a shop in Glasgow last week while I was there. Sadly, the almost 6 foot one in the window couldn't be touched let alone bought :heh:

Traded in The Division, Wolfenstein & MGSV + £1 for Doom, feeling pretty good about it. Also a cheap but decent brand router because the Virgin "Superhub" is garbage made by garbage people.

Oh, Fire Emblem Conquest as well, should keep me busy for my 2 weeks off starting next week.

Doom (to me) was surprisingly really freaking good. I knew that it was possible (looking at wolfenstein) but somehow I just had low expectations. But it released as being a great game and they finally have the engine working well enough that the framerate and texture loading issues are non existent.

Not technically purchases since they were birthday presents, but got these:

13580470_10157181768990341_4266648786853918709_o.jpg

13584881_10157182045615341_4846492288484740072_o.jpg

Had to get a better photo of Goku when I got back home, because the painting on it is awesome:

IMG_8118.jpg

Damn. I ain't even got my present yet (and we share a birthdate). Well I did get a heart shaped rose made out of pipe cleaners from my 5 year old niece cause she loves me and I'm (usually) her favorite person in the whole wide world. I don't have a picture handy though.

My other present is that my parents are going to buy me a shotgun. Murrica! I was thinking of getting one a while back is why. Like 0.01% home defense (highly unlikely it would be of any use) and 99% shooting at targets for fun. Seriously, shooting is actually a fun thing to do, though an expensive hobby. The other 0.09% I'm not drunk enough to voice.

IMG_20160716_114547.jpg

Mother 3, since the English VC release was a no show at E3.

Having once played Mother 3 on emulator you did the right thing. The combat is timing based on the music, so any amount of input lag makes battles way extra fucking hard.

I've just bought a GoPro. Going to mount it to my Dune Buggy and hopefully get some cool videos. Alternatively my nephew just got Scuba certified so upto 40 meters he can get some cool footage hopefully.

Searching-for-sugar-man-soundtrack.jpg

Watched the film/documentary the other week and thought it was great, so went out and picked this up (seeing as I couldn't get hold of his actual albums where I live but they're on the shopping list for sure). Such a shame that it took 30 years to get the recognition he deserved, the song writing is incredible and musically, it's really good.

Was so impressed by the Banpresto Goku figure that I had to get another. Will probably end up collecting them, as they're not just limited to DBZ.

Japanese-Anime-DRAGONBALL-Dragon-Ball-Z-Kai-Original-BANPRESTO-font-b-Master-b-font-font-b.jpg

Would have got Piccolo, but it's a different scale to the rest, so would look odd. Hopefully they release a proper scale one at some point.

I caved in. It totally wasn't Sonic that took me over the edge.

a7qxwjb.jpg

Let me know if this is any good.

I think you all know what I bought today...

23cc42f2b87903399df614166987d289.jpg

My body and nipples are unrealistically ready for this masterpiece!...

I also bought...

5cbe624c073fc80fde3439b14a1cd158.jpg

71RRx7ygpqL._SL1500_.jpg

Star Trek: Stardate Collection Bluray 1-10 films cos I'm about finish the TOS on Netflix and I want to see all first 6 TOS films before start the TNG.

I was tempted to buy this but I wasn't sure if it has ALL of the films up to the new ones...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Let me know if this is any good.

It's good fun. I was quite surprised at how much the portal itself was used in gameplay. The big problem is levels are littered with hidden collectables that you can't get without certain characters.

I think you all know what I bought today...

As a big Harry Potter fan....if I decide to get it, I'll wait for the finished version of the book.

It's good fun. I was quite surprised at how much the portal itself was used in gameplay. The big problem is levels are littered with hidden collectables that you can't get without certain characters.

As a big Harry Potter fan....if I decide to get it, I'll wait for the finished version of the book.

Better than Disney Infinity?

Also, I'm getting all versions, haha. The only book I haven't got is the Illustrated version. I really want it.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Better than Disney Infinity?

I've not played much Disney Infinity. There's no Toybox mode, but there are small free-roaming hub worlds for each franchise (you just need one character from it to enter). It's very similar to the other LEGO games, but with the added portal puzzles (which requires moving the figures around on it). I was also surprised that it supports 7 objects.

Characters also aren't limited anywhere in the game. So for the Doctor Who level pack, you're not limited to Doctor Who characters.

Plus they're bringing out Fantastic Beasts and Harry Potter sets soon, so it's not like you have much choice.

Also, I'm getting all versions, haha. The only book I haven't got is the Illustrated version. I really want it.

This one?

Ow8dVEU.jpg