Ashley

What Have You Bought?

Recommended Posts

Wanted to watch the Daniel Craig Bond films again before I see the new one, but realized the collection wasn’t that much more expensive so I bought them all:

bond.jpg

Good background movies when you’re doing something else IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Ashley said:

google-pixel-6-pro-camera.jpg

 

Ooh nice. I'm tempted to get the standard 6 but waiting for reviews/real life camera demos before jumping in. The free headphones make it even more appealing (even if I don't really need any more headphones...) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Mr-Paul said:

Ooh nice. I'm tempted to get the standard 6 but waiting for reviews/real life camera demos before jumping in. The free headphones make it even more appealing (even if I don't really need any more headphones...) 

Yeah I think I might sell those. I already have in ear ones and some cans from them previously too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ashley said:

google-pixel-6-pro-camera.jpg

 

Same!

Though in Cloudy White (I never could pull off gold :p)

Pixel-6-Pro-White-1-1200x1200-cropped.jp

Always loved the look of the panda Pixel 2, so very happy with the look of the Cloudy White! A bit nervous leaping from a 5.5 inch screen to a 6.7 inch screen, I'd probably say I have medium-to-large hands but normally prefer something a bit more compact, so the specs and the colour choices for the Pro got me this time around. 

My Pixel 3 was up for an upgrade at the start of the year, but I decided to wait for the Pixel 6 before getting a new phone as it wasn't faring too badly back then. The last few months, though, the battery has really started struggling, so I'm glad this has finally come when it has -- been an excruciating wait since the reveal in August as I've seen my battery get drained faster day on day :laughing:

Is anyone interested in any of the accessories? I'm not a huge fan of the frosted plastic look of the official cases to be honest, seems like a bit of a step down from the old fabric cases (at least visually), so will probably be waiting to see how the phone feels in-hand before committing to a case. Will definitely be keeping an eye out for a 2nd Gen Pixel Stand though, I've been thinking recently about buying a second stand to have one in my living room and the other on my desk, so hopefully we won't be waiting too long for that. 

It's really nice to see Google going hard with the Pixel, the prices seem aggressively competitive, and the pre-order promotion for the Bose headphones is great, even if it will probably end up with me trying to sell them on, as I got myself some nice on-ears that I'm still happy with last year. 

Edited by Julius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Julius said:

Is anyone interested in any of the accessories? I'm not a huge fan of the frosted plastic look of the official cases to be honest, seems like a bit of a step down from the old fabric cases (at least visually), so will probably be waiting to see how the phone feels in-hand before committing to a case. Will definitely be keeping an eye out for a 2nd Gen Pixel Stand though, I've been thinking recently about buying a second stand to have one in my living room and the other on my desk, so hopefully we won't be waiting too long for that. 

Just ordered the plastic case for now. Saw they had a Bellroy leather case but I wasn't a fan of one of their previous cases, it was very uncomfortable. Might pick up a different case later. Might pick up the stand later, will need to see reviews of that first. Might pick up that or the charger later for that fast charge, but I've got plenty of adapters.

I got Android 12 today, not really a fan of it, they made all the menus feel massive. Also they took away the holding the power button quick menu which I liked (there's a shortcut button for Google Pay on the lock screen now which isn't too bad).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apple-MacBook-Pro-14-featured.jpg

14" space grey, 4TB SSD. Sufficed to say I nearly passed out at the price, and yet, I still pressed order. :cry:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Julius said:

Same!

Though in Cloudy White (I never could pull off gold :p)

Pixel-6-Pro-White-1-1200x1200-cropped.jp

Always loved the look of the panda Pixel 2, so very happy with the look of the Cloudy White! A bit nervous leaping from a 5.5 inch screen to a 6.7 inch screen, I'd probably say I have medium-to-large hands but normally prefer something a bit more compact, so the specs and the colour choices for the Pro got me this time around. 

My Pixel 3 was up for an upgrade at the start of the year, but I decided to wait for the Pixel 6 before getting a new phone as it wasn't faring too badly back then. The last few months, though, the battery has really started struggling, so I'm glad this has finally come when it has -- been an excruciating wait since the reveal in August as I've seen my battery get drained faster day on day :laughing:

Is anyone interested in any of the accessories? I'm not a huge fan of the frosted plastic look of the official cases to be honest, seems like a bit of a step down from the old fabric cases (at least visually), so will probably be waiting to see how the phone feels in-hand before committing to a case. Will definitely be keeping an eye out for a 2nd Gen Pixel Stand though, I've been thinking recently about buying a second stand to have one in my living room and the other on my desk, so hopefully we won't be waiting too long for that. 

It's really nice to see Google going hard with the Pixel, the prices seem aggressively competitive, and the pre-order promotion for the Bose headphones is great, even if it will probably end up with me trying to sell them on, as I got myself some nice on-ears that I'm still happy with last year. 

I don't know if I can pull off gold (or 'sorta sunny') but I like a bit of colour. Would have liked the coral to be available on the pro.

I always really liked the fabric cases so I'm disappointed to see they're gone. I've not ordered a case yet, going to see what others offer. 

Might order a charger as it is apparently more powerful but need to compare to my current ones to see how much and if it's worth it. I've got 3 USB-C chargers already. 

11 hours ago, Ike said:

Just ordered the plastic case for now. Saw they had a Bellroy leather case but I wasn't a fan of one of their previous cases, it was very uncomfortable. Might pick up a different case later. Might pick up the stand later, will need to see reviews of that first. Might pick up that or the charger later for that fast charge, but I've got plenty of adapters.

I got Android 12 today, not really a fan of it, they made all the menus feel massive. Also they took away the holding the power button quick menu which I liked (there's a shortcut button for Google Pay on the lock screen now which isn't too bad).

I've not got 12 yet but some apps have been updated and it does take some getting used to. 

I've seen people annoyed by the fact they've taken away the power quick menu (and how they never settle) but I've never actually used it so personally not going to make a big difference. But I do wish they'd stop faffing around.

Okay I do now have Android 12 and not a fan of the fact the clock widget now doesn't automatically show my world clocks and I need a separate widget for them as it's now taking up more room. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trying to remember the last time I had a Google phone (not Android). I think it was the Nexus 5 which was a great phone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two N64's (one PAL and one JPN) and a Nintendo Switch (not the OLED model sadly).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Ashley said:

I've seen people annoyed by the fact they've taken away the power quick menu (and how they never settle) but I've never actually used it so personally not going to make a big difference. But I do wish they'd stop faffing around.

Might change my mind, now that the smart devices and Google Pay are their own shortcut on the lockscreen (and pulldown menu for some reason) means they aren't as cramped for space and means less clicks. Holding the power button was super easy when removing the phone from your pocket to pay, but I might be able to live with it. The power button menu wasn't around for long, so yeah, it's annoying Google keep changing their mind.

16 hours ago, Ronnie said:

14" space grey, 4TB SSD. Sufficed to say I nearly passed out at the price, and yet, I still pressed order. :cry:

Those are nice machines. Finally got rid of the touch bar. Although only Apple could remove something and add it back to sell as a feature (the ports).

5 hours ago, sumo73 said:

Two N64's (one PAL and one JPN) and a Nintendo Switch (not the OLED model sadly).

If you tape the 2 N64's together, you get a Gamecube,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Ike said:

Might change my mind, now that the smart devices and Google Pay are their own shortcut on the lockscreen (and pulldown menu for some reason) means they aren't as cramped for space and means less clicks. Holding the power button was super easy when removing the phone from your pocket to pay, but I might be able to live with it. The power button menu wasn't around for long, so yeah, it's annoying Google keep changing their mind.

All I do to pay is wake the screen. But I only have one card set up on there so I don't know if that makes a difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Apple-MacBook-Pro-14-featured.jpg

14" space grey, 4TB SSD. Sufficed to say I nearly passed out at the price, and yet, I still pressed order. :cry:

What make? Dell, HP?

 

I just have to unlock phone to pay as well, and smart devices are now handily on the power button menu.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Ashley said:

All I do to pay is wake the screen. But I only have one card set up on there so I don't know if that makes a difference.

I have multiple cards, plus reward cards which you needed to go into the app to use.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ike said:

I have multiple cards, plus reward cards which you needed to go into the app to use.

Yeah I don't do that so it's easier! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/10/2021 at 8:38 PM, Ashley said:

google-pixel-6-pro-camera.jpg

 

My phone fell out of my pocket as I was closing a car door so ended up ordering a Pixel.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ashley said:

Looks like it feel out of more than just your pocket

That's where the car door comes in. When I pulled the door, the phone was in the worst possible position and was crushed between the bottom of the door and the frame.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

61+b8hFfPGL._AC_SL1400_.jpg51oPYhwszmS._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Finally got my back dated pay (Not all of it, as they forgot to apply the pay increase to this month's pay) so I decided to further upgrade my PC set-up, which is now almost perfect for streaming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ps-now-listing-thumb-01-en-30sep20?$facebook$

12 months for 30 bucks. Wanted to buy Pillars of Eternity and eventually Ghostrunner on sale, but they'd amount to almost 30€ anyways, so this was a no-brainer. ::shrug: 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites