NEurope
Ashley

What Have You Bought?

The point of the alarm is to simulate real sunrise right? To create a more natural way to wake up. Sounds like you could do with just... a lamp, or a dimmer switch

Or an eye mask.

4 hours ago, Shorty said:

The point of the alarm is to simulate real sunrise right? To create a more natural way to wake up. Sounds like you could do with just... a lamp, or a dimmer switch :p

I only used it this morning, but it is a nicer light and it comes on slowly.  But yeah, unless you really want it then spend £10 on a lamp instead.

On 11/22/2017 at 1:53 PM, Shorty said:

The point of the alarm is to simulate real sunrise right? To create a more natural way to wake up. Sounds like you could do with just... a lamp, or a dimmer switch :p

I mean I could do, but I cannot install dimmer switches in a rental property. A lamp, yes, but that's also the same as what it literally posted - smart arse :p

A lamp may work if its a dimmer one, but not convinced I'll get one for a tenner, but we shall see :)

13 hours ago, nightwolf said:

I mean I could do, but I cannot install dimmer switches in a rental property. A lamp, yes, but that's also the same as what it literally posted - smart arse :p

Haha I wasn't trying to be awkward. The Lumie is an alarm that wakes you up with automatic light and its like... £60-200 depending on the model. If your only issue is being woken when a bright light turns on I figured there's simpler options ;)

• Like 1

£50+ :p 

It's also a lamp and depending on how much you spend a radio (because radios are still a thing, right?)

£50+  
It's also a lamp and depending on how much you spend a radio (because radios are still a thing, right?)
I use the radio on mine! It only picks up local stations, but I'd much rather get woken up by faint music or chatting than some blaring alarm or annoying birdsong.

24 minutes ago, Shorty said:

Splash out a bit more for an Aeropress, you won't regret it.

Well...it's a little too late for that now :p

6 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Well...it's a little too late for that now :p

Maybe you need to start a "What are you thinking of buying but need advice on" thread.

Just now, Ashley said:

Maybe you need to start a "What are you thinking of buying but need advice on" thread.

But I didn't need advice. :p

36 minutes ago, Shorty said:

Splash out a bit more for an Aeropress, you won't regret it.

Why is it better? Is it just quicker?

1 minute ago, drahkon said:

But I didn't need advice. :p

Clearly you did!

51RErSxwvwL.jpg

51qvo5t+kDL.jpg

51+MgSS7nuL.jpg

51ELA9bIEgL.jpg

After looking up a how to watch guide, I finally added to my Monogatari Collection, the latter two are going to be Christmas presents to me from my parents, as well as this:

61BMrimFdhL.jpg

22 hours ago, MoogleViper said:

Why is it better? Is it just quicker?

Nope, if anything it's slower. Although it's very quick to clean. Just makes a nicer tasting coffee IMO.

5 hours ago, Mr-Paul said:

51xIRzPLuLL.jpg

Thank you Black Friday on Amazon!

We saw the deals floating about for the Switch today and talked about getting one. In the end, the desire wasn't strong enough. I fear that we would just buy one for Mario, Zelda and then not play anything else on it. 

We saw the deals floating about for the Switch today and talked about getting one. In the end, the desire wasn't strong enough. I fear that we would just buy one for Mario, Zelda and then not play anything else on it. 
Same here. Getting an itchy mouse finger about buying one, but I would literally only be buying it for Odyssey. And it's a lot of money for that.
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, bob said:
1 hour ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

Same here. Getting an itchy mouse finger about buying one, but I would literally only be buying it for Odyssey. And it's a lot of money for that.

My general rule for consoles is never buy it for one game. I don't care how good it is, if you're not 100% certain you want something else, you'll only regret it.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

Yeah that's fair enough. While I'm not completely overawed with the Switch library, I only have limited gaming time these days and knew I would want to play Mario Odyssey, Xenoblade 2, and perhaps get more into the indie scene too and be able to help out more with reviews for this site, so now felt the right time to jump in for me. Completely understand why it wouldn't be worth picking up yet for others.

I do have to say though, it arrived today and I am loving Odyssey so far!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1