NEurope
Ashley

What Have You Bought?

I'm sure this thread will soon be filled with GAME pre-owned goodness,

I went on my lunchbreak and spent £23, came back with -

Right, I'm going tomorrow.

Since it's owned by the same company, are all the Gamestations going to crumble?

From my "local" (20 min bus ride) GAME and Gamestation.

Prince-Of-Persia-Game-For-Xbox360.jpg

£1.98

brink%20360.jpg

£2.98

677887.jpg

98p

I already own Hell's Kitchen but I believe my copy may be a dodgy import fake. So with a few label switches it's off to get a trade in. I'm sure I can get more than 98p for it.

I went again this lunch break and had Forza 3, UFC 2009 and Devil May Cry 4 for 360 all in my hand, all £1.98 each, but I kept strong and didn't buy them,

Instead I'm going to another GAME store tomorrow in hope to find Assassins Creed 1, Far Cry 2 and hopefully Transformers and / Or a recent Spiderman game for cheap.

They didn't have the above in the GAME i was in today.

They got shitloads of the Assassin's Creed and those games in the Nottingham GAME/station stores. C'maahn daaahn!

game-of-thrones-season-one-20120305055908941.jpg

I went in to Game and Gamestation to buy some cheap games but I couldnt be arsed just walked out of both stores and went to Bakers Oven and purchased 5 lovely pink ice dougnuts, nom nom nom.

psvita-everybodys-golf.jpg

My 3rd Vita purchase. :D

I got it for essentially 46p because of all the points on my card. :) (they also let me off the 46p)

babolat_pure_drive_gt_tennis_racket_2012.jpg

Babolate PureDrive GT 2012 model.

Not going to say the price but it'll be totally worth it. I trialled the old version on Tuesday night and fell in love with it. My first new racket for 7 or 8 years so looking forward to getting to know it.

babolat_pure_drive_gt_tennis_racket_2012.jpg

Babolate PureDrive GT 2012 model.

Not going to say the price but it'll be totally worth it. I trialled the old version on Tuesday night and fell in love with it. My first new racket for 7 or 8 years so looking forward to getting to know it.

Oooh you play Charlie? (Obvs ha)

I used to use an original Pure Drive (few years ago), and it totally ruined my shoulder!

But it was a very stiff frame. They've since improved it loads. I trialled one last year and really really liked it but found it was almost doing too much work for me... Like it was very forgiving of shots that weren't hit correctly. Now this is all good lol, but when I'm trying to work on consistency I wanted something that demanded perfect technique to work. It's a very nice racket though. I was really tempted to pick one up but decided against it and stuck with Wilson who I always seem to stay with. :)

Let me know how you find it the more you play with it! :yay:

Oooh you play Charlie? (Obvs ha)

I used to use an original Pure Drive (few years ago), and it totally ruined my shoulder!

But it was a very stiff frame. They've since improved it loads. I trialled one last year and really really liked it but found it was almost doing too much work for me... Like it was very forgiving of shots that weren't hit correctly. Now this is all good lol, but when I'm trying to work on consistency I wanted something that demanded perfect technique to work. It's a very nice racket though. I was really tempted to pick one up but decided against it and stuck with Wilson who I always seem to stay with. :)

Let me know how you find it the more you play with it! :yay:

Just back from playing for the first time with it.

Liking it so far, as you said the frame does seem very stiff (especially compared to my old one). Wasn't playing particularly well as I'm hungover but I noticed my serves were going well as were my backhands (which is pretty poor because I've barely played in the last 4 years and it was always weak).

Couldn't volley for shit though, but that'll be down to the hangover.

Yeah, they'd have to pay me at least twice that to get me to play it.

Just a warning: Brink at £2.98 is a colossal rip-off.

So GAME may have the last laugh...

Fuckers.

81G27ptT-ZL._AA1500_.jpg

£17.49, great price I reckon (Only because GAME are sold out otherwise would have ordered from them)

PS3BL18.jpg

Arc System Works, they sure are getting at my wallet.

51jrPZUX0eL._SS500_.jpg

51tAvu63NfL._SS500_.jpg

A certain Scientific Railgun manga, volumes 1 - 4 though the later 2 are on pre-order

Yeah, they'd have to pay me at least twice that to get me to play it.

After playing for five minutes I may have to agree. Although the graphics did look nice the general controls/experience didn't feel all that great. Hopefully I can get more out of a trade in.

BuyingMarch1.jpg

The Millies Cookies were funny.

We were walking passed and said "Claire, do you want Millies Cookies?"

She shrugged, so I said "Okay, we'll only get some if they have new, interesting/good flavours" (Which they absolutely never do).

And this time they did (???????) Chilli + Chocolate (not my thing), "Flapjack Cookie" with oats, pumpkin seeds, coconut and almond (unbelievably my thing) and Praline + Hazelnut/Choc. So we were like "Oh win".

"Box of 12 please" *picked etc*

The attendee replied, once that had been packed.

"Do you want another box of 12 for free?"

Lul. Yes. Yes we do.

Edited by ReZourceman

I haven't bought anything expensive in a while, been on a savings drive, so I decided to treat myself.

314xnDWG2rL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

(withings wifi body scales £119)

31eCNHZ2WAL._AA300_.jpg

(fitbit £79.99)

and I'm considering getting a gym membership again - gonna go for a few weeks on a pay and go basis and see how I get on

BuyingMarch1.jpg
*scans photo*

What's that... Millies Cookies!!

2r7vyg0.gif

BTW! Do you collect football games too or something!?

Also, Sure anti-perspirants... Gotta catch 'em all! :p

Edited by Retro_Link

Well you've seen the Millies Cookies story, now for the other two. :p

Football games - I've never been a massive fan, but I have had some fun recently on them with friends, and when we move out it will be nice to have the option for my other (football friends), and it was never a plan to buy them, but when in GAME today I saw these, all pretty great condition, and as you can see they were £1.98 and 48p and 48p so 3x PS3 games for £3 is amazing.

Aaaaaand

Sure lol. Well, I needed anti-perspirant...obviously, and Superdrug had full size Right Guard on special offer, however I cannot buy or support Right Guard because it is made/produced/sold etc by Schwarzkopf (a company I never want to ever support in my life....as previously touched upon), soooooo the Sure big ones were not on offer, but the Sure little ones were on offer, and so I don't like buying them often, so I get lots to last a long time, and I don't like the same thing - gotta catch em all' and so yeah.

An insight into ReZourceman's mind.