N-Europe

What Have You Bought?

Ashley

Jim and I went to Cardiff this weekend and we ended up in a shop that had lots of cheap second hand (and new) CDs, DVDs and games. I ended up getting these two:

Bj__rk___POST_4c222fdd9fda5.jpg

£1.99

Since I didn't have it yet. Still need more of her CDs really.

the_secret_of_kells.jpg

£2.50

Can't wait to watch it again, it's so beautifullllll.

I bought some much needed things in Bournemouth last week, and then purchased even more in Cardiff a few days ago.

First thing was a pair of new smart shoes from Next. 45 quid I think that came to. Can't seem to find a picture but may upload one.

l_1318514_ac629402.jpg - 6 pound from HMV. :)

pro-evolution-soccer-2011.jpg - 11 quid from GAME at Castlepoint. Awesome game.

Then, from Cardiff I got the following:

NewOrder-Substance-1987-Factory-Records.jpg - Part of a 2 for 5 quid deal. Ine got The Secret of Kells.

Bloc-Party-A-Weekend-in-the-City-album-cover.jpg - Part of the 3 for 5 quid deal.

220px-Veneergonzalezcover.jpg - Also part of the 3 for 5. It's Veneer by Jose Gonzalez.

ed3.jpg - This only cost 2 quid. Such a lovely film.

endless-ocean.jpg 4.99, been on the lookout for this for a while. Also means my Wii collection has grown...again. I need to stop buying games.

y4BJp.png

Actually bought for me as an 'Easter present' since we're over eggs in our house (but I still got some...).

It feels like such a modern classic of an album, like one you need in your collection, just for the sheer number of incredibly solid, incredibly popular songs. I quite like all 3 of the new songs, and the holographic CD cover is life itself.

and the holographic CD cover is life itself.

Never a truer word spoken.

The original teenage dream album came sealed like a new game coz the art booklet was sprayed with a candy floss scent as per the original art work!

It's the small things that impress me!

Great album too. Circle the drain is my fave track from it. :)

Never a truer word spoken.

The original teenage dream album came sealed like a new game coz the art booklet was sprayed with a candy floss scent as per the original art work!

It's the small things that impress me!

Great album too. Circle the drain is my fave track from it. :)

All the singles are pretty on par for me, just pure pop, all solidly 8/10 in terms of sheer enjoyment.

My fave album tracks are probs Hummingbird Heartbeat and yeah, Circle The Drain. I also have come to like Not Like The Movies more now too. My fave of the new songs is Wide Awake I think. I quite like the album now ends on a megamix thing, like recalling the highlights of the last hour you spent listening or something.

I need to give One of the Boys another proper go, havent listened to that in full like...since it came out.

All the singles are pretty on par for me, just pure pop, all solidly 8/10 in terms of sheer enjoyment.

My fave album tracks are probs Hummingbird Heartbeat and yeah, Circle The Drain. I also have come to like Not Like The Movies more now too. My fave of the new songs is Wide Awake I think. I quite like the album now ends on a megamix thing, like recalling the highlights of the last hour you spent listening or something.

I need to give One of the Boys another proper go, havent listened to that in full like...since it came out.

Yeah Hummingbird Heartbeat is great.

One of the Boys is such a good album. I personally prefer the sound of that to Teenage Dream. It's a little less pop but she does both so well.

Thinking Of You from OOTB is one of my favourite songs.

Be interesting to see where she goes with album 3!

One of the Boys is such a good album. I personally prefer the sound of that to Teenage Dream. It's a little less pop but she does both so well.

hopefully DARKER. :grin:

Thinking Of You is actually my favourite song by her! Should have been a bigger hit...

Just ordered tickets for me and a mate to see Avengers on the 26th on the cinema website.

Decided to go for the Premier seats too as it will likely be packed so at least if we get there and most seats are taken we know we have two specific seats booked and saved for us :)

Just ordered tickets for me, my mate and his dad to see Avengers Assemble on the 26th April, on the Odeon website.

Decided to go Premier seats too (first time I've been willing to pay) as at least if its packed we've got some good, comfy seats.

Ditto, minus you, your friend and his dad....and the Premier seats but I am all booked and ready for the Avengers.

I'm a tad worried about when the Avengers comes out, vs. when I can actually go see it!

I don't think I'll get a chance until around May 11/12th, I just hope it stays around in the cinema's for long enough! It should do right?... 3 weeks maybe?

Edited by Retro_Link