Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Branded Clothing (and clothes in general)...

Goron_3

Is XXS adult not somewhere close to children's sized clothing?

I only get XL stuff. Even if I lost a little weight/looked like a normal person, I've got fairly broad shoulders/am big, so I can't imagine what a small anything is like.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I just feel weird shopping in the children's department :p I do have some children's clothing actually.

I was buying some shoes for work last week.. nothing too expensive, of course :indeed:

Anyway, I tried on a pair at £15 that I thought looked decent.. size 7 :heh: They were a bit big on me so I glanced across and saw the same shoes in the childrens section! I tried on a size 6 and it was perfect :hehe:

The best part of it all was.. the smaller sizes were only £10 :yay:

• 2 weeks later...

So I found a suit and wore it to the wedding I was invited to. I thought I managed to make myself look rather dapper. Only cost me £350 with a good few alterations done to it. I'm glad I finally have a good suit, I will certainly try to wear it a few more times.

No jacket:

4941673497_6e20aab621.jpg

With jacket on:

4941674045_047da3cb8d.jpg

Ignore the stupid/grumpy faces I'm pulling in the pics.

On the topic of branded clothing..

Made my sister really angry/upset today at the Jack Wills sale, when I called her a beggar. She couldn't afford any of their overpriced stuff, and so was scrabbling in the section of like pencils and matches and other needless branded stuff they sell for something, anything to buy.

That just rubs me the wrong way...the desperation to display your acceptance of the brand, so much that thinking an overpriced pencil will make people like you. *shivers*

That said, they had some nice coloured jeans in the sale, without their logo all over them (thankfully) that were dirt cheap, but of course didn't fit me and my child-bearing hips.

It was so "beggarish" (is how I described it), she was scrabbling round in her purse counting pennies trying to make up enough to buy some peice of tat for the sake of it. And I'd been in the shop 20 minutes and was running out of patience, so yeah.

^ Hmm yeah it's not great!

I sometimes buy socks from Primark because you can get 5 pairs of black socks for £2.

But they do tend to leave fluff all over the place for the first few weeks and wear through quicker.

You just have to way up the crap quality against the cheap price.

Spend £2 on five pairs but replace more often, or spend £15 on five pairs which will last longer.

So I found a suit and wore it to the wedding I was invited to. I thought I managed to make myself look rather dapper. Only cost me £350 with a good few alterations done to it. I'm glad I finally have a good suit' date=' I will certainly try to wear it a few more times.

No jacket:

[img']http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4121/4941673497_6e20aab621.jpg[/img]

With jacket on:

4941674045_047da3cb8d.jpg

Ignore the stupid/grumpy faces I'm pulling in the pics.

Mother fucker you're handsome!

Is it just me or does virtually all Primark clothing fall apart in next to no time ?

I used to think this until I bought my faithful shoes from there.

Basically converse rip offs, grey, I've always wanted grey converse but at the time couldn't find any, so I bought these something like £5, I've had them for a year now and they've been to download twice and haven't fallen apart at all. The only gripe is when my jeans get wet it stains them, but at £5 for a year, I can't complain.

Primark stuff never fits me, they make it weird fits and for some reason all my friends fit it perfectly but for me it looks ridiculous.

Even the coats didn't fit me properly, but I suppose sometimes you get what you pay for!

starting to hate jean shopping, I usually rely on Next as I love their jeans, but recently they've started just keeping the same jeans in stock and I end up buying basically the same pair over and over. I can't find anywhere else that sells size 14 jeans with 34inch legs, gah.

Some of the Primarks that I've been to are aaawful places. I remember this one time I was shopping with a friend there. The aisles were crammed full of women who would pick something up, then throw it back where they got it from. There were clothes all over the floor, stuff in the wrong places. Women using pushchairs as weapons to barge past you (pram people!) and to top it off, why is it always so bluddy hot in these places?!

Anyway, it's my idea of hell. I don't shop in there out of principle. Even to get some cheap underwear. I hate stepping foot in there and I know that I'm such a moody bastard when I do. So, not for me.

I do need more underwear though. Something cheap, but nice. Most of the stuff I have isn't very flattering. :hmm:

I love American Apparel. So much. Its the only brand I've ever been like "I want that, even though its £52".

I want these. But perhaps only because the guy modeling them is really hot.

You heard they may be going out of business though? http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2010/aug/25/rise-fall-american-apparel

Only ever been in one once. Never saw the appeal. And of course there was the batshit crazy riots in London earlier this year of it.

Did I mention uniqlo before? I think I did...but I enjoy it. Shame when I went to Japan the theme was gaming shirts, which I'm not really into. Plus its where I got one of my favourite shirts from:

Tribeca-Film-Festival-2007-ryan-hansen-2600981-308-458.jpg

(not me, I don't have a good photo of me in it). I love how people frequently think its a wound. Or sometimes a breast.

Edited by Ashley

Did I mention uniqlo before? I think I did...but I enjoy it. Shame when I went to Japan the theme was gaming shirts, which I'm not really into.

Uniqlo are awesome. I'm going to start buying all my clothes from there. Very nice designs at seriously nice prices. They also sell anime and gaming shirts that are just covert enough to be stylish and not nerdy.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!