Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Current Song/Music You're Addicted To?

Guy

You guys are probably the same as me. Ten thousand foot tall, made of diamond, bite like a Great White Shark... and you probably get addicted to a single song or piece of music occasionally. Usually a song that just seems relevant or important at a time and you constantly feel yourself drifting through the playlist back to. With me it's usually something pretty crappy, but not so much with this one.

I'm currently on an immense Scott Pilgrim kick and after investigating the Battle of the Bands promotion where smaller bands make a Scott Pilgrim themed music video to one of their songs, discovered Gorgeous Got a Gun's Violent Games won and well... it ends up on repeat a lot now. I want to buy their album... because I'm totally all about supporting smaller bands and not because I've searched all day and couldn't find it to download free online.

Anyway, I think it is totally awesome and maybe you will too (unlikely):

What song are you currently addicted to?

Edited by Guy

Enter Shikari are one of favourite bands these days. Took a bit of getting used to at first, but it was worth giving them a chance.

Plus, any band who mentions Sega and Golden Axe in their lyrics deserves props!

To the multi story car park, with our friends

Drinking from a bottle, of white lightning

On top of marks and sparks, roof running

Smoking, chronic, hectic.

And it seems that nothing now will ever change

And it seems that we're on our own again

We'll convene at mine 3pm to play

Sega mega drive, goldenaxe and sonic all day

"Never played it? i'll teach you.

Can't hack it? i'll beat ya"

That's Pendell making rhymes in the corner with a litre

Of the finest Scrumpy Jack

Whilst Pdex pumps out the latest dnb track

We'll chip it to Justin's, and hit his king kong

Then we'll gather round the piano for a little sing song

Oh if i could kidnap that feeling

The one that melts all fears from your mind

I'd make no demands no ransoms

Cos i'd never set it free

Oh those halcyon days and halcyon nights

Before we began to realise that things aren't right

I have found myself listening to this song quite a bit recently.. probably because some of it strikes a chord with how I have been feeling in the past few months..

I usually mouth along to it as I drive along in the car.. with the volume up :heh:

I have found myself listening to this song quite a bit recently.. probably because some of it strikes a chord with how I have been feeling in the past few months..

I usually mouth along to it as I drive along in the car.. with the volume up :heh:

Freaking awesome. I'm loving this one.

The purpose of this thread was just about me finding a new piece of obsession music to replace the old one. Mission complete.

Kelly Rowland- Grown Ass Woman

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Kelly Rowland- Commander

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Miley Cyrus- When I look at you

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Muse- Supermassive Black Hole

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Taylor Swift- White Horse (I just love hearing her voice...)

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

It has to be this song. A little less modern than what's posted here but great nonetheless! I just simply adore rebellion songs like this, the feeling is absolutely immense! Not to mention that when I'm walking around the house or down the street, I can't help but chant 'To be YOUNG, GIFTED AND BLACK!!'. The fact that I'm not black doesn't make me feel excluded in any way :P

I've also got that new terrible Mark Ronson song stuck in my head. I just keep singing those french lyrics over and over :S

Muse - Popcorn

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

I've been listening to Muse's album for the 1st time today. I think it's called Resistance, but it is simply EPIC!

Whilst Guile is forever at the forefront of my mind as I do the epic things of daily life, such as having a wee, making a sandwich, or drinking a cup of tea, like a massive gay I've gotten this song proper stuck on me in the last 48 hours. It's a classic, but not one I actually hear around much! Also totally forgot/didn't realise who she was, and I had a good ol' wiki refresher, goodtimes. Interesting(mildy), and stunning, lady.