Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Experimental thread lock

Mr_Odwin

I find myself not as engaged with this forum as much, but it looks like its working. :)

I think I sorta feel the same. Not sure why. There's many discussions going on but I don't feel like I have anything to really contribute to them (apart from maybe a really short reply that would go unnoticed anyway). *shrugs*

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I sorta feel the same. Not sure why. There's many discussions going on but I don't feel like I have anything to really contribute to them (apart from maybe a really short reply that would go unnoticed anyway). *shrugs*

I always appreciate your posts! But I appreciate your man more ;)

:o

Definitely, some of it I'm like yes finally a topic, but I'm finding I'm just not joining in as much as I used to, if I do it tends to be more of an input than going 'hey I watched this, you should too' kinda thing.

I'm finding that there are a lot of new, thought-provoking threads that, due to their quantity, I actually avoid at the moment as I simply do not have the time to dispense between them all in order to fully form the reply I'd deem worthy for the topic.

But then this means that maybe one thread a day gets my undivided attention for a new masseev post, so in that way my posting has become less frequent, but each post is leaner. Right? Right? No? Ok.

Anyway; this 'experiment' is still in progress, as has been said multiple times we needed to adjust to the 'new' 'style', and as some of you are reporting back you are indeed adjusting your reading habits. We are still drinking tea and discussing warbling frogs in the secret spy room for the cool kids, laughing at the trivium.

So far the threads I think we're missing are Purchases, User Images, Funny and Rate movie.

I know the rate threads were the ones you wanted to change up the most but I think the just quick chat about a movie has gone down. Its nice to have the single threads on movies but I still think that not everyone wants to create a thread for every movie they watch, I know I havent yet I wouldnt have minded rating a few movies ive seen this week.

I also still think the forum looks a bit cluttered. Once again the music threads come to mind. Is there any thought yet on if this may change after the experiment or is it just something you guys are resigned to the fact will happen?

I think the problem isn't the lack of UIG or PYP, more just a lack of imagination for creative new ways to instigate discussions of things you want to talk about.

Yes the sporadic, spontaneous gems that were found in the mass threads are less likely to be found currently, but the shit/diamonds ratio currently is much more favourable than it was before.

If you miss a thread then you will miss it for a particular reason that may or may not be unique to you or a few others. Try and come up with an interesting thread that replicates that essence - if it bombs then, frankly, it was a shit idea and nobody wanted to talk about it or see your twelve pictures of you at Club Generic doing the Disco Dance, or whatever. PYP always annoyed me/bored me. You bought new shoes for running? Why not make a thread about the shoes you bought, your reasons for buying it, the running route you've come up with (perhaps a screenshot of google maps for stalker purposes) and then ask to see other people's routes, or maybe ask for tips on running. If you've just bought a box of doughnuts then go fuck off and who gives a shit. I'm bored of writing this now. I think I made my point in the first sentence. I'm thinking ham salad in a bagel for lunch, but we only have weird mustard. There's mustard/horseradish and mustard/red pesto and I just want mustard. Got some Biltong too. Go me.

I semi-want the purchases thread back, but then it makes me think about whether I can create a thread based around something I just bought.

I started the new tattoo thread half because I'm interested in getting one myself, and half because I just bought LA Ink season 2 in Zavvi's Monday sale.

And comic purchases I put in the comic thread. I was contemplating making a Marianne Faithfull thread as I bought some CD's of hers but then decided against it.

It kind of heads in that direction for me as well. But, there are several topics i find an interest in and reply accordanly to them.

The whole concept of the new N-E is working in my opinion, there is a huge buzz around and all that. But i have noticed several topics always go amis and die quickly.

the purchases thread was rubbish. UIG was decent but it'd be more fun if someone posted a 'this week's theme' series. The movie thread can die in a fire.

I can see why it would be fun to have themes, and stuff. But, that's not what everyone wants. I think the gallery worked fine before, it was a nice way for people to show their adventures outside of the forum. There's been some quality moments in there, and it helps with putting faces to the names.

the purchases thread was rubbish. UIG was decent but it'd be more fun if someone posted a 'this week's theme' series. The movie thread can die in a fire.

How? I went on that thread so many times and saw some awesome things people had bought, many I wanted for myself. There were a few cool discussions on there too!

ReZ; there is argument against the threads, and it isn't ridiculous. I'm just tired of repeating myself.

That seems to be the problem here though, I dont think the people who are talking about bringing some threads back are really being listened to. You just keep repeating your earlier arguments.

I mean I tried to ask a question in my other post but you just told me to open new threads. Something ive heard before and mentioned that I wont be doing because I really dont think its worth it.

You were talking to dan with your question, weren't you?

We're all repeating ourselves! You are saying you're pretty happy with it but thread [x] should be back. We are saying the experiment is not over, things are slowly being discussed backstage, be more creative in the mean-time.

We are listening to you are we are trying to be polite.

But to be blunt;

You are not getting your threads back until we say so. So stop asking us. We cannot be reasoned with, so stop with the calculatorial dictionarified blargaphonical detriphony! The more you go on about it, the longer we will take and the less you will be grateful. That's how it works.

ReZ; there is argument against the threads, and it isn't ridiculous. I'm just tired of repeating myself.

Oh I read the replies and considered them before drawing my conclusions.

Name several photo thread themes and prove me wrong.

The more you go on about it, the longer we will take and the less you will be grateful. That's how it works.

pram.jpg

We're all repeating ourselves! You are saying you're pretty happy with it but thread [x] should be back. We are saying the experiment is not over, things are slowly being discussed backstage, be more creative in the mean-time.

We are listening to you are we are trying to be polite.

But to be blunt;

You are not getting your threads back until we say so. So stop asking us. We cannot be reasoned with, so stop with the calculatorial dictionarified blargaphonical detriphony! The more you go on about it, the longer we will take and the less you will be grateful. That's how it works.

No I asked this general question:

I also still think the forum looks a bit cluttered. Once again the music threads come to mind. Is there any thought yet on if this may change after the experiment or is it just something you guys are resigned to the fact will happen?

Also I wasnt asking for threads back. Id waited for a while and was stating how I thought the experiment was going and which things I felt were missing still. Thats not asking for things, thats commenting on your experiment which is what this thread is for.

That seems to be the problem here though, I dont think the people who are talking about bringing some threads back are really being listened to. You just keep repeating your earlier arguments.

I mean I tried to ask a question in my other post but you just told me to open new threads. Something ive heard before and mentioned that I wont be doing because I really dont think its worth it.

Yeah despite what he thinks Dan does not speak for all of us.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!