43 members have voted

1. 1. Favourite hot drink?

• Tea
    • Coffee
    • Drinking chocolate
    • Borvil
    • Cup-a-Soup
    • Other

And I don't want to drink coffee as I'll become one of those people that "needs" it in the morning (*cough*Dan*cough) to get going. I like being motivated by my own awesomeness.

I'm one of those people, and the funny thing is i'm pretty sure the caffeine doesn't actually have that much of an effect, it's more of a psychological thing. But even if it is, if it gets you going then it's achieved the purpose hasn't it.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely chocolate for me, too! Huuuge chocolate lover! :D

I dislike the taste of coffee. With loads of milk and sugar I am able to drink it, but the aftertaste is horrid. Tea doesn't do much for me, though I strangely love the smell of different tea leaves. Never even heard of Bovril, though, and I hardly think of Cup-a-Soup as a hot drink, so chocolate wins, hands down!

I don't really like any hot drinks. According to my boss this makes me untrustworthy. Hot chocolate tastes like crap to me, tastes like weak chocolate, water and the inside of my mouth when burning. I wish I liked coffee though, I need the caffeine boost without the fattening tooth rotting properties that come with a can of coke.

I never drink hot drinks. I don't mind coffee and things, but I can't imagine myself ever making myself one. I think I had 1 cup all throughout last year at college (and it was always being made).

I drink a lot of Diet Coke instead.

I don't really like any hot drinks. According to my boss this makes me untrustworthy. Hot chocolate tastes like crap to me, tastes like weak chocolate, water and the inside of my mouth when burning. I wish I liked coffee though, I need the caffeine boost without the fattening tooth rotting properties that come with a can of coke.

getting in to coffee takes a while but it's awesome when you do.

I don't really like any hot drinks. According to my boss this makes me untrustworthy. Hot chocolate tastes like crap to me, tastes like weak chocolate, water and the inside of my mouth when burning.

You've obviously been drinking the wrong type (get some good quality stuff like Wittards or what not, or fun flavours like Orange Hot Choc) and at the wrong temperature (its hot chocolate, not scoulding chocolate ;))

BOVRIL FOR THE EPIC WIN! ... It's not going to win this vote, but I'm glad Pancake is as clued-up as I am.

You can get ready-for-your-mug powder sachets of bovril, or a jar of the stuff very similar to marmite. The sachets are more convenient, but the jars of the stuff are more versatile.

Me and a mate in sheff (for those in the know; Andy) once had about 30 cups of bovril in one hilarious night. We'd have a bovril and marvel at how awesome it was, then watch tv/play games then one of us would go HOLY SHIT DUDE I JUST REMEMBERED HOW TOTALLY AWESOME THAT BOVRIL WAS! WE HAVE TO HAVE ANOTHER ONE RIGHT NOW and so we would...

Coffee is tricky to get into. I started drinking it for a reason similar to shorty -- getting to work, needing a caffeine boost but - Oh no! I've not got any change for the vending machine. But- wha- Coffee is FREE at work?! I used to guzzle a can of coke in minutes before a shift, but ultimately I'd make a coffee with variable amounts of sugar (depending on lethargy) then make it half boiling water, half milk - both to cool it down and to adjust to the taste. Milky coffee is totally win.

Tea strikes me as pointless.

Anyone who as Hot Chocolate with water is insane. Not how it's meant to be done.

A mention must be made for hot milk. A splash of sugar... mmmm wintery nights.

Also, hey, mulled wine for teh alcoholics amongst us. All three of us.

These days my taste seems to be changing every so slightly. I used to be an avid tea drinker with milk and about three sugars. Mmmm. The sweeter the better. I drank so much tea a day. Too much probably. But my friends who I used to live with were on the same level, so I didn't feel too bad drinking so much.

Since I've been living back at home, I've become more health conscience. I've started drinking chamomile tea without milk or sugar. I had a proper cuppa today for the first time in weeks. It's still my drink of choice, but at the moment I'm drinking more chamomile than anything.

Coffee is something that I like, but am not a huge fan of. A few years back, me and a good friend were getting the bus to work, and we had a bit of time so we thought we'd grab a coffee from a nearby shop to take to our desk. Being skint at the time and being a bit of a coffee n00b, I just opted for the cheapest thing they had, which was an espresso, and paid around a quid for it. My friend went for a mocha I think, which was a bit more fancier, and I was secretly jealous because...it sounded better.

So, the lady takes our money and about thirty seconds later comes back with a little shot-cup. I was excited, and waited patiently for the rest of my stuff. The lady came back with my friend's mocha, and said "have a nice day" and calmly walked off. I stood there, expecting her to come back, but she never did.

"Where's the rest of it?" I asked.

"Rest of what?"

"My drink..."

"Jim, it comes in shots...didn't you know that?"

"Uhh..."

Heavy laughing, at my expense. She laughed all the way to work, then laughed at her desk, and then laughed during break.

You know what? The espresso tasted like aids as well. Never again. :red:

Hahaha, I don't drink coffee and even I knew what an espresso was :heh:

Although saying I don't drink it, my boss is currently making me a Coffee, white 2 sugars. I seriously need the caffeine, but I'm not expecting to like it :/

Edit:

This coffee tastes like shit.

(Austin, that is shit.)

It's too sweet. I have a sweet tooth so I thought 2 sugars would help. But then the after taste is too bitter....

Update:

I drank about 1/3 of it. It's cold now. I feel sick.

Edited by Shorty

I occasionally have a mug of milk-made hot chocolate but in general I am a cold drink drinker. There's the whole brew thing at work that I just don't want to get involved in. The guys I work with drink 3-4 cups of tea/coffee a day; I'd be going to the loo all the time.

Hahaha, I don't drink coffee and even I knew what an espresso was :heh:

Although saying I don't drink it, my boss is currently making me a Coffee, white 2 sugars. I seriously need the caffeine, but I'm not expecting to like it :/

Edit:

This coffee tastes like shit.

(Austin, that is shit.)

It's too sweet. I have a sweet tooth so I thought 2 sugars would help. But then the after taste is too bitter....

Update:

I drank about 1/3 of it. It's cold now. I feel sick.

I'd say more milk/cream, less sugar.

I think I like Apple Tea, but what's the point? It's just like heated up Apple Juice, and doesn't give you any kind of boost.

Mr_Odwin, I feel the same. At work someone will stand up every hour or so and announce "Brew?", mugs will be raised and the ritual begins. I'm happy with my water.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!