NEurope
Retro_Link

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3DS

Chill out man, back to the game. Let ReZ be a dope, even if you think he's trolling, you're the only one getting worked up by it.

?? I don't think he's trolling, nor am I gettin worked up - was just sayin that the guys comments were uncalled for. :indeed:

You didn't see my messages because I was on ignore? That's also dubious. What have I done to piss you off so much in the past? Or did you just add me on ignore, take thes screenshot and then put it up?

The sarcasm in your last line seems to suggest it's obvious to all that you're an attention seeker, I won't argue with that. I still don't believe a word you say, and am convinced that you act dumb on purpose (in terms of OOT) to get people talking about you. Sorry for being harsh and/or an idiot and apologies to others for going off on this tangent. It just doesn't add up that's all, but as I said I'll drop it now. Sorry Shorty oh hopefully forgiving administrator :bowdown:

Twice i've tried this now and twice I ended up getting killed fighting Morpha. I thought during the first few bosses how the premise of 'Right, this is what you're getting for items, kill all bosses' and chest to pick at the end, but it seemed pretty easy. But twice I failed now cause Volvagia clipped me at the end when he was coming out of the lava and brought me down to one heart. And the one for Master Quest seems so much more brutal.

When you leave Link standing there, I could swear having him sneeze wasn't on the N64!?

When you leave Link standing there, I could swear having him sneeze wasn't on the N64!?

I think they've added animations. I'm fairly sure that the way he slips on ice is much more animated than the original.

But I do remember Link doing some stuff when you left him alone on the 64.

It was on the N64 version.

Aww, don't use guides. Totally ruins the experience. And it's cheating!!!

What would you have him do instead? Ask questions in this thread and risk being berated? :p

I'm one of those people who prefers 'ruining the experience' by checking a guide occasionally if it means I won't have to be stuck for hours.

I probably checked GameFAQs the first time I played through the game on the N64 tbf :D

But I was 11 years old, what's your excuse? :P

Weren't you able to hold more than 500 Rupees on the 64? Or have they just added more places to find them in the game? Because I am trippin' 'pees.

My nephew (11) is playing this alongside my file and is struggling. There are a LOT of obtuse moments. He couldn't work out a LOT of things I thought were simple but then I got stuck moving King Zora so I can see where he's coming from.

OoT demands your attention, no, it demands your full cognitive ability to solve it's obtuse moments and concepts. It also demands that you explore and play with items in-depth in order to understand how they can function to solve puzzles within the game world. As a portable game that a gamer may want to 'dip' in to, it perhaps jarrs slightly.

Still - stunning remake but yeah, I can wholly appreciate where the newcomers are coming from.

Edited by tapedeck

I've played the game before and got confused this time when I thought I'd tried everything to open the kings door in Goron city. (including showing the letter to the door) I played Saria's Song but not Zelda's Lullaby. :p

We all do it.

Stop spoiling thirteen-year-old games, Coolness. It's not cool. :blank:

I've played the game before and got confused this time when I thought I'd tried everything to open the kings door in Goron city. (including showing the letter to the door) I played Saria's Song but not Zelda's Lullaby. :p

We all do it.

Yeah that had me back in the day... so I claimed to the top of Death Mountain and jumped from the top down to a ledge at the bottom and proceeded to beat the game without the Fire Tunic. And if you don't get it when you should do, the shop will never sell it to you.

As for people getting stuck... does the Nintendo help line still exist?

I didn't get the internet until April '98 so unless I just so happened to have a magazine with the necessary tip in, that used to be my first port of call for help... though the time I rang them and asked for the easiest way to die in SMB3, they seemed a bit stumped.

When I first played this game, when it was orginally released, I got stuck quite a lot. I remember reffering to the game giude I got with the Official Nintendo magazine back in the day. Helped me a lot. Although I tried not to use it too much, but there were times when you get totally stumped and had no clue what to do.

Apart from said instance, which I found a solution too, the only time I truly come unstuck and needed a bit of help was because of a certain Stone of Time block that isn't very easy to spot... I'm sure you all know which one I'm referring to.

Yeah that had me back in the day... so I claimed to the top of Death Mountain and jumped from the top down to a ledge at the bottom and proceeded to beat the game without the Fire Tunic. And if you don't get it when you should do, the shop will never sell it to you.

The Goron with the same name as you giving it you?

I'm still fapping around before assraping Ganondorf, which is weird for me as I'd complete the game and then not really do anything extra since I've done the main quest. I'm only doing random exploration. I know for a fact I won't get all the heart pieces and certainly won't get all the gold skulltulas. I've healed all the children and I know from my mate getting all 100 on the N64 that all the father does is fill your wallet. And I got a gold rupee (200) and a purple rupee (50) in the Gerudo Training Shizzle to get the Ice Arrows, as well as other lower value rupees and had a full wallet to being with.

But I'm gonna go for broke on this one. How the fuck do you get the heart piece in the Death Mountain crater? There's two "volcanos" either side of the warp area with one on top.

ON A BETTER NOTE! I caught a decent sized fish. 19 pounds. Which I believe was the biggest fish in the pond at the time. Got the Gold Scale. I think I need over 20 to get another heart piece?

Has anyone else noticed that time "passes" moreso in some areas? By that I mean that normally when you're in a location time freezes, but I've noticed in some areas that time still goes on (eg. Lake Hylia). From memory anyways.

Need to go there as a kid by playing the Bolero of Fire and plant a seed.

Aww Christ... I hate these seed planting shizzle.

Then I gotta get bugs for skulltulla's/shizzle.

FINE!! I'LL ASK ANOTHER. Where do I get the other bottles.

I'm one of those people who prefers 'ruining the experience' by checking a guide occasionally if it means I won't have to be stuck for hours.

Same here. I think that ruins a game, if you're stuck for days. Totally ruins the pacing. I looked at guides for OOT, MM and WW, and they're the three I enjoyed most...

With all games, there's a balance. If you follow a guide in a sort of "Go left, go right" sort of way, that's cheating too much. You won't learn the environments or gameplay correctly. On the other hand, there are some very obscure moments in Zelda games (most games really, I suppose), so if I've slept on it and still can't work it out, I'll look at a guide.

Weren't you able to hold more than 500 Rupees on the 64? Or have they just added more places to find them in the game? Because I am trippin' 'pees.

I suspect it's the same limit, but I admit it does seem too small compared to the amount of rupees you actually get. Not that you need them, it just seems a waste when you're maxed-out and you still get them (it's better than putting them back in chests though). In this case, I think Phantom Hourglass may have introduced a great mechanic with the infinite wallet! As much as I like winning bigger bomb bags and quivers, wallets are probably best-off infinite.

One thing that's confused me about the Water Temple this time... I always thought the most obscure part of it was a floor that you needed to bomb in order to access a certain section and get enough keys. However, this time I've been in every room, got every item (just need to fight the boss) and I don't remember bombing a floor. Did they take it out, am I remembering it incorrectly (?) or did I just do it accidentally?

ON A BETTER NOTE! I caught a decent sized fish. 19 pounds. Which I believe was the biggest fish in the pond at the time. Got the Gold Scale. I think I need over 20 to get another heart piece?

No need. Once you get a heart as a kid and the scale as an adult that's it for fishing, unless you want to try your hand at the Hylian Loach.