NEurope
Retro_Link

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3DS

This is a bit of a silly post, but I was walking into the park yesterday when I heard scampering behind me. I looked and two Scottie dogs were following me! They were part of a larger group, with a couple more Scotties behind them, but they had broken away to follow me. It was just like the Market scene in OOT!

@darksnowman, as Grazza said there's some slight hidden rooms at one part of the temple and that might explain the chest. I believe it's a purple rupee but may be mistaken as it's been a while. I had a feeling a little something else might be up there too, but I could just be misremembering that.

This is a bit of a silly post, but I was walking into the park yesterday when I heard scampering behind me. I looked and two Scottie dogs were following me! They were part of a larger group, with a couple more Scotties behind them, but they had broken away to follow me. It was just like the Market scene in OOT!

Did the lady walking them happen to look anything like this...?

OoT_MamamuYan.png

:laughing:

Having made a purchase of this earlier this week, i can safely say that this classic has revived my love of Zelda. Nintendo certainly have upped it, giving what i think is what this game deserves.

@darksnowman, as Grazza said there's some slight hidden rooms at one part of the temple and that might explain the chest. I believe it's a purple rupee but may be mistaken as it's been a while. I had a feeling a little something else might be up there too, but I could just be misremembering that.

Yeah, I went back with the scarecrow song the other week and got that. It was a chest surrounded with fire that you hit a button for and run to before the fire comes back. The catch as I'm sure you remember was that you had to time it to perfection, and could fall down the middle of the room... and down to the bottom of the dungeon.

It was annoying but I prevailed just when I vowed not to try again to get it. :hehe:

Having made a purchase of this earlier this week, i can safely say that this classic has revived my love of Zelda. Nintendo certainly have upped it, giving what i think is what this game deserves.

It is a really good remake. A little rough round the edges in some places but shines in many areas. Grezzo did us proud.

I felt that it was a fitting remake, I definately think that the Nintendo 3DS can do a hell of a lot better, visually speaking, but then again I guess porting a 13 year old game didn't that kind of treatment - just something nice, modern and faithful. I hope that they've gotten Grezzo to work on a new 3DS Zelda adventure, which makes a load of sense because they've got experience with the hardware and the Zelda series. Nintendo's internal teams will be busy with the next big Zelda thing...Well, I'd assume so anyway so the natural team would be Grezzo! As for the direction of said game, hmm, who knows.....

Obligatory:

The greatest measure of my evolution as someone who plays games in the years since I first played Ocarina of Time has to be coming back to this and finding all of the Cuccos in Kakariko and returning them to the pen, I can't remember but I think I might have just given up last time. Now, I have no idea if lining myself up to throw a Cucco into a fence, climbing up onto the fence, picking up the Cucco while on the fence and then gliding with it is the actual solution, but it was good fun. 

It's funny, it's been so long since I've played it - and, well, didn't complete it, though it turned out I was much further along than I gave myself credit for! - and I've played so much since then that the greatest testament to this game's legacy is realising it feels so familiar through what I've experienced in other games. If imitation is the greatest form of flattery, then what the heck is Ocarina of Time? 

There have been a lot of instances like that and I'm only a few hours in, but my absolute favourite has to be the use of a roll to negate fall damage from great heights. Sound familiar? 

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b9524a81ccfec901c5f73

I'm so early I don't even have Epona yet, but man, there's already something undeniably special about traversing Hyrule Field. I don't think I've run from one side to another without the onset of nightfall, but it just so smartly makes the space feel bigger than it is, despite it not at all needing to be any bigger than it is. 

Again: I've seen this part of the game before, and I've got a fair way to go to get back to where I was (and then go beyond that to finally say I've completed Ocarina of Time), so what I've seen so far is nothing new to me, but I had to get it out of my system. This game has an aura about it which is only magnified further by seeing how it's influences have taken root everywhere

I don't even know if I'll come back to this thread to talk about it again before I finish it, but yeah, just a little Ocarina of Time praise :peace:

Edited by Julius
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Well isn't this thread a blast from the past. :o 

On 18/02/2022 at 1:36 AM, Julius said:

Now, I have no idea if lining myself up to throw a Cucco into a fence, climbing up onto the fence, picking up the Cucco while on the fence and then gliding with it is the actual solution, but it was good fun. 

You gotta do what you can with those pesky things. No idea if the way I round them up is the intended way either! :grin: 

On 18/02/2022 at 1:36 AM, Julius said:

I don't even know if I'll come back to this thread to talk about it again before I finish it, but yeah, just a little Ocarina of Time praise :peace:

I did such a playthrough last year it drove H-o-T into exile, so proceed with caution...! It's not too fresh in my mind right now but I listed my thoughts here and here so will be happy to chat about OoT when you're done.

• Haha 2