NEurope
Retro_Link

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3DS

Aww Christ... I hate these seed planting shizzle.

Then I gotta get bugs for skulltulla's/shizzle.

FINE!! I'LL ASK ANOTHER. Where do I get the other bottles.

1: Lon Lon Ranch Cuccoo game as a kid.

2: Collecting all the Cuccoo's to Anju in Kakariko as a kid.

3: Bottle you get from Hylia to find Ruto

4: All Big Poes in Hyrule Field as Adult Link.

One thing that's confused me about the Water Temple this time... I always thought the most obscure part of it was a floor that you needed to bomb in order to access a certain section and get enough keys. However, this time I've been in every room, got every item (just need to fight the boss) and I don't remember bombing a floor. Did they take it out, am I remembering it incorrectly (?) or did I just do it accidentally?

You bomb a wall that's just underneath the first water raising point. I think the water needs to be at it's second level for you to reach it.

You bomb a wall that's just underneath the first water raising point. I think the water needs to be at it's second level for you to reach it.

Thanks, H-o-T. That's just a normal wall, with the cracks to signify it's damaged. The one that confused me was actually a floor with no sign of damage. I remember it really stumping me in 1998, but didn't see it at all this time.

Another thing that I've noticed about the Water Temple this time is that if you have the water level at its lowest and enter the room on the West of the ground floor that has the dragon statue, I cannot see how you can get back out. There is a high exit from the dragon statue room, but I'm sure you can't reach it. If you retrace your steps, the water level doesn't take you close enough to the ledge to get back out the way you came. You can just save your game and begin again at the dungeon entrance, but other than that, I don't know if you can get back.

1: Lon Lon Ranch Cuccoo game as a kid.

2: Collecting all the Cuccoo's to Anju in Kakariko as a kid.

3: Bottle you get from Hylia to find Ruto

4: All Big Poes in Hyrule Field as Adult Link.

I think 1 and 4 are what I'm missing. Obviously I have 3 as you need it to actually play the game.

ANOTHER DAY AND NIGHT QUESTION!

Does anyone feel the days/nights pass too quickly on the 3DS? I used to be able to run rings around Hyrule Field before the time changed. Now all it takes is a short distance for the sun to set/rise.

On a Majora's Mask note which people mention... I'm not sure I'm feeling it at the moment. The main reason being is that I remember too much about it. In every other game this might be considered a positive, but in a time sensitive game like Majora's Mask the ability to learn new things and then apply them later is what made this game unique for me.

Does anyone feel the days/nights pass too quickly on the 3DS? I used to be able to run rings around Hyrule Field before the time changed. Now all it takes is a short distance for the sun to set/rise.

Yeah, I noticed that aswell. At times the game turned from night to day stupidly fast while other times it seemed to be the same as the N64 version.

The Goron with the same name as you giving it you?

Yep - if he doesn't give it too you, you can't get it after that. Though if you make it through the Fire Temple, you only need it again for that one room in Ganondorf's Tower so it's not a problem.

I think 1 and 4 are what I'm missing. Obviously I have 3 as you need it to actually play the game.

On a Majora's Mask note which people mention... I'm not sure I'm feeling it at the moment. The main reason being is that I remember too much about it. In every other game this might be considered a positive, but in a time sensitive game like Majora's Mask the ability to learn new things and then apply them later is what made this game unique for me.

I'd say the days and nights are the same, or they are compared to the gamecube version, its majora's mask it spoils us by being able to slow time!

MM was the last one i played so i was thinking the same and had to check, in hyrule field etc it runs that quick, probably so it makes you think your travelling such a distance it takes over a day, at a guess anyway

I started the Master Quest an man is it brutal. All the normal enemies are taking off 1 heart per hit. I can't remember if that was the same on the Master Quest when playing it on the Cube, either way the first dungeon was a nightmare. It shouldn't be that bad now that i'm out and about and able to get me some heart pieces. When playing it on the Cube I remember it being easier the further you go through the game, but then it wasn't mirroed back then.

The Lost Woods section was confusing as hell with it being mirrored. For years I have played though the game various times, memorizing the right path to take and now I keep ending up at the start! :D

After that, 3-heart challenge on Master Quest, if you think you're tough enough ;)

The Lost Woods section was confusing as hell with it being mirrored. For years I have played though the game various times, memorizing the right path to take and now I keep ending up at the start! :D

If Zelda Wii U has a realistic forest, with individually-modelled trees, the best thing about it will be that it's not like the Lost Woods! :heh:

Mild spoilers ahead:

Confession time: I love the Sheikah Stones, they're great. I went to do the Shadow Temple, realised I had to use Din's Fire, but hadn't actually picked it up this time. So, I could have explored Hyrule as both Adult and Child, but I really wanted to do the dungeon that night, so I used the Sheikah Stone to remind me where it was. They get the thumbs up from me.

Anyway, I must say, I think the Shadow Temple is the most fun out of all the dungeons, gameplay-wise. There's nothing really confusing. All the main puzzles need the Lens of Truth or Hover Boots, and the dungeon layout is not a head-scratcher. This is how I think Zelda dungeons should be.

There is an issue though, surely, with Bongo Bongo in this 3DS version. For this battle, you need the Hover Boots, Bow and Lens of Truth. In the N64 original, the Boots were "Gear", so you could leave them equipped. In this version, they are an "Item", so they take up one of your item slots (which you have less of anyway, that you can assign to a real button, that is).

So, I'm wearing the Hover Boots, I take out my Bow, fire arrows at him etc. Then he bangs the drum and I bounce. What? I'm wearing the Hover Boots, aren't I...? Well no, I'm not, because using the Bow unequips them! I still managed to do it without a fairy, but I think this is something of a problem in this remake.

You use hover boots for that boss? Can't say i've ever used them during Bongo Bongo and he takes 2 minutes to kill :heh:

And you have more item slots in this do you not? In the N64 you had the sword and 3 buttons, in this you have sword and 4.

You use hover boots for that boss? Can't say i've ever used them during Bongo Bongo and he takes 2 minutes to kill :heh:

And you have more item slots in this do you not? In the N64 you had the sword and 3 buttons, in this you have sword and 4.

I thought you were meant to use Hover Boots? They stop you bouncing when he plays the bongos, anyway. :heh:

And yeah, you have four item slots, but the touchscreen ones aren't very easy to use in battle. I use them for bombs etc. Don't get me wrong, Bongo Bongo is not exactly Meta Ridley, I just thought there were some issues.

I've never had an issue with it since the N64 days personally, so much so I thought it was the way to do the boss. I just used Z-Target on the hand and fired arrows so it didn't matter if you bounced or not. Than slashed away at that big ol' red eye of his. But if folk tried using the hover boots and bow and arrow I can see why it might get annoying.

I thought the touchscreen ones weren't too bad, normally kept the on up top for an item to use since it's easy to slide the thumb over with no hitches, but i'd agree on the other one not the best for combat, normally used that on for magic/bottle/side quest stuff myself anyway.

They need to redo Majora's Mask next ;_;

Even though I probably prefer MM, I've played right through it only twice I think, if that!

They need to redo Majora's Mask next ;_;

Even though I probably prefer MM, I've played right through it only twice I think, if that!

Would love to see a remake of Majora's Mask.

After that, 3-heart challenge on Master Quest, if you think you're tough enough ;)

Hey, now that got me thinking...never actually done a 3-heart run! Doing the first playthrough like that might just be different enough to keep me interested for the MQ run, good idea...

(when I eventually get a 3DS, that is...)

I've never used the hover boots for Bongo Bongo. It really never even occurred to me to put them on. I don't usually z-target when I fire the bow but for that boss I do :p

I don't usually z-target when I fire the bow but for that boss I do :p

"L-targeting" just doesn't have the same ring to it does it?

Something I thought about just there, does anyone (those in MQ) know why Child Link was in that place that seemingly looked like the Forest Temple?

I still can't find anything about it.

Completed the main game in OOT this afternoon. Made a start on Master quest :)

Not sure having Link pirouette like a weirdo when a door is about to be unlocked was such a good idea

Done Deku Tree on MQ. I love the changes and increased difficulty. I never died at all on normal, but died twice in there.

The mirror mode I didn't really notice despite everything being opposite, just felt like a new area.